Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 r.i.p terry pratchett

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
swifty Posted - 12 Mar 2015 : 21:59:50
So sad.hopefully he's up there writing a joint trilogy with Robert Jordan and tolkein.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gyor Posted - 15 Mar 2015 : 00:17:23
While I was never able to get into his novels, one phrase has always stuck with me from my attempt to read his books, and that is Carpe Jugulum, words to live by.
Baltas Posted - 14 Mar 2015 : 12:39:52
Those are very sad news to know, that Terry Pratchett passed away, doubly so, as I now discovered he was friends with Ed.
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 14 Mar 2015 : 05:40:24
"Good Omens" with Pratchet and Neil Gaiman is a fun read too.

Something positive about his passing is that we get to learn a little more about Pratchet, who influenced him and who his contemporaries were.

Thus my wish list of books to buy just got larger, and includes authors I knew nothing about until now, including Alan Coren and E. Cobham Brewer.
Eltheron Posted - 14 Mar 2015 : 02:27:51
I can't be sad about this. I was very sad when I learned he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. He hated having it, and I know from personal experience dealing with AD patients how awful and terrible Alzheimer's Disease becomes - not just for the patient, but also for their families and friends.

He was a wonderful author and just a terrific guy. Death can also be a release, and I wish him and his family peace. He will be missed, but I'm glad he's not having to suffer with AD any longer.

Old Man Harpell Posted - 14 Mar 2015 : 01:26:35
I read a couple of his Discworld books. He was a genuinely humorous and insightful soul. 2015 is not shaping up to be a good year.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 13 Mar 2015 : 22:48:33
Haven't read any of his stuff, but it's always sad when an author dies. I was upset when I learned Robert Jordan died.
The Hooded One Posted - 13 Mar 2015 : 14:55:13
A sad day. I met Sir Terry only once, but I know Ed has lost a friend. We have all lost a great writer.
love to all,
THO
Arcanus Posted - 12 Mar 2015 : 23:55:55
Ook :-(
hashimashadoo Posted - 12 Mar 2015 : 23:52:49
Sir Pratchett was suffering with advanced Alzheimers Disease. He hated having it, could no longer write, type or dress himself and found it difficult to support the causes he supported. He wanted to take his own life so in many ways it's probably for the best that he died naturally, surrounded by his family.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 12 Mar 2015 : 23:45:13
I never read any of his books but it's still sad to lose such a big name and influence for the genre.
Delwa Posted - 12 Mar 2015 : 23:14:27
Yeah, it was just today. I first saw it on the BBC news.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 12 Mar 2015 : 23:08:04
Wow did this just happen?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000