Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Red Sashes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fellfire Posted - 12 Sep 2014 : 01:41:19
Anymore info on these vigilantes besides what little comes from the the various Waterdeep supplements? I know it's not much. Is there maybe a PrC I don't recall? Anybody ever create/play one? Love to read about it.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Barastir Posted - 14 Sep 2014 : 13:45:01
Never used them in my campaign, Fellfire, but as I recall it, the sashes were only regular pieces of cloth used to tie the bandits they left behind for the authorities. I like those simple, nonmagical solutions that, in my opinion, enrich the setting, so I never thought of a magical red sash... Just my 2 ¢.

EDIT: Typo
sleyvas Posted - 13 Sep 2014 : 15:51:38
Hmmm, I've long had an NPC mage-priestess of Deneir in Waterdeep who considered herself a detective and who "secretly" ran a publication called "The Waterdhavian Herald".... though I think that name got picked up in later canon lore, so I'd probably have to change it to "The Waterdhavian Portents".... anyway, her name was Lady Jillian Doncastle of Neverwinter (being of Neverwinter nobility), and she was accompanied by an intelligent, flying sai named Lorey (with a snobbish highly intellectual attitude). It would be interesting if she posed as "THE" red sash in order to get the aid of that group in her detective work.
The Sage Posted - 13 Sep 2014 : 04:23:02
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

I'm not sure either, Wooly. I'm just surprised that such a thought-provocative club has never seen a little homebrew.
I've not done too much with the group, but they featured somewhat prominently back in my '05 Waterdeep-based campaign... which focused on an odd little tidbit I drew from one of the many sourcebooks about City of Splendors. It's hinted that the Red Sashes might possibly have owned a warehouse at the north end of Turnback Court. 'Twas said to hide a number of powerful magical items. Naturally, this development saw the Sashes run afoul of many "doers-of-good," such as Khelben, active Harpers in the city, and the local group of heroes currently running errands for a small trading coster located on the floor above the warehouse [the PCs, obviously ].

Fun-filled antics followed, which allowed me to play up the threat of the Sashes for a while. Nothing really became of them after that campaign, though, in my Realms. And they've since faded into the background.

I'd like to revisit their potential again, but it's just finding the right kind of campaign that will fully exploit what this group is about.
George Krashos Posted - 13 Sep 2014 : 02:36:57
You have to play to homebrew!

-- George Krashos
Fellfire Posted - 12 Sep 2014 : 23:15:40
I'm not sure either, Wooly. I'm just surprised that such a thought-provocative club has never seen a little homebrew.

Fellfire Posted - 12 Sep 2014 : 23:10:24
The rogue Red Sash. Sounds fun. Circa 1350
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Sep 2014 : 22:51:21
quote:

Butterfly on Fire.Thoughtses?

I have no idea what that means.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Sep 2014 : 22:50:44
quote:

Jeezus. I'm sorry. These posts are all mine. Apologies, fellow Scribes. I'm surprised there is no interest in this enigmatic group.

I don't think it's a lack of interest as much as no one having additional information -- that was your initial request.

Not a fan of the Elektra look.
Fellfire Posted - 12 Sep 2014 : 22:40:56
Butterfly on Fire.Thoughtses?
Fellfire Posted - 12 Sep 2014 : 21:45:51
Jeezus. I'm sorry. These posts are all mine. Apologies, fellow Scribes. I'm surprised there is no interest in this enigmatic group.
Fellfire Posted - 12 Sep 2014 : 03:33:54
It could be a cloak, a suit, a sash, a mask, a belt, whatever.
Fellfire Posted - 12 Sep 2014 : 03:02:36
I'm thinking maybe, the Red Sash. Maybe had a disagreement with the One, or something. I don't know, I'm fishing.

Why not? Red ribbons and sai's. Too cliche'? Opinions please.
Fellfire Posted - 12 Sep 2014 : 02:23:21
I really dig the imagery I've found specifically Raphael and Elektra with their scarves long and trailing in the wind. How about an animate version similar to Spawn's cape. I know of the ragamuffin. Even a mundane magical sash, ideas anyone?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000