Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Red Sashes
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2014 :  01:41:19  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Anymore info on these vigilantes besides what little comes from the the various Waterdeep supplements? I know it's not much. Is there maybe a PrC I don't recall? Anybody ever create/play one? Love to read about it.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 12 Sep 2014 22:21:14

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2014 :  02:23:21  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really dig the imagery I've found specifically Raphael and Elektra with their scarves long and trailing in the wind. How about an animate version similar to Spawn's cape. I know of the ragamuffin. Even a mundane magical sash, ideas anyone?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2014 :  03:02:36  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking maybe, the Red Sash. Maybe had a disagreement with the One, or something. I don't know, I'm fishing.

Why not? Red ribbons and sai's. Too cliche'? Opinions please.

Misanthorpe

Edited by - Fellfire on 12 Sep 2014 03:11:33
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2014 :  03:33:54  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It could be a cloak, a suit, a sash, a mask, a belt, whatever.

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2014 :  21:45:51  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jeezus. I'm sorry. These posts are all mine. Apologies, fellow Scribes. I'm surprised there is no interest in this enigmatic group.

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2014 :  22:40:56  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Butterfly on Fire.Thoughtses?

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2014 :  22:50:44  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

Jeezus. I'm sorry. These posts are all mine. Apologies, fellow Scribes. I'm surprised there is no interest in this enigmatic group.

I don't think it's a lack of interest as much as no one having additional information -- that was your initial request.

Not a fan of the Elektra look.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2014 :  22:51:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Butterfly on Fire.Thoughtses?

I have no idea what that means.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2014 :  23:10:24  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The rogue Red Sash. Sounds fun. Circa 1350

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2014 :  23:15:40  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure either, Wooly. I'm just surprised that such a thought-provocative club has never seen a little homebrew.

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2014 :  02:36:57  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You have to play to homebrew!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2014 :  04:23:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm not sure either, Wooly. I'm just surprised that such a thought-provocative club has never seen a little homebrew.
I've not done too much with the group, but they featured somewhat prominently back in my '05 Waterdeep-based campaign... which focused on an odd little tidbit I drew from one of the many sourcebooks about City of Splendors. It's hinted that the Red Sashes might possibly have owned a warehouse at the north end of Turnback Court. 'Twas said to hide a number of powerful magical items. Naturally, this development saw the Sashes run afoul of many "doers-of-good," such as Khelben, active Harpers in the city, and the local group of heroes currently running errands for a small trading coster located on the floor above the warehouse [the PCs, obviously ].

Fun-filled antics followed, which allowed me to play up the threat of the Sashes for a while. Nothing really became of them after that campaign, though, in my Realms. And they've since faded into the background.

I'd like to revisit their potential again, but it's just finding the right kind of campaign that will fully exploit what this group is about.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11809 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2014 :  15:51:38  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, I've long had an NPC mage-priestess of Deneir in Waterdeep who considered herself a detective and who "secretly" ran a publication called "The Waterdhavian Herald".... though I think that name got picked up in later canon lore, so I'd probably have to change it to "The Waterdhavian Portents".... anyway, her name was Lady Jillian Doncastle of Neverwinter (being of Neverwinter nobility), and she was accompanied by an intelligent, flying sai named Lorey (with a snobbish highly intellectual attitude). It would be interesting if she posed as "THE" red sash in order to get the aid of that group in her detective work.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2014 :  13:45:01  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Never used them in my campaign, Fellfire, but as I recall it, the sashes were only regular pieces of cloth used to tie the bandits they left behind for the authorities. I like those simple, nonmagical solutions that, in my opinion, enrich the setting, so I never thought of a magical red sash... Just my 2 ¢.

EDIT: Typo

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)

Edited by - Barastir on 14 Sep 2014 13:46:09
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: