Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Index of Realmsian NPCs for 3E?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Knightfall Posted - 15 Jul 2013 : 16:51:31
Does anyone have an index of all the Forgotten Realms NPCs that appear in officially published sourcebooks for D&D v.3.0 and v.3.5? I'm mainly concerned with NPCs that have full write-ups, as the one for Elminster on p. 7 of the FRCS.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 24 Mar 2020 : 19:40:44
Acolyte Master_Sylvius,

Did you get a copy of that?

Best regards,

Master_Sylvius Posted - 11 Mar 2020 : 14:49:27
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

quote:
Originally posted by Joebing

Started work on compiling all of these into a pdf awhile ago...along with older FR NPCs that were not brought forward. Once it is done, I will let you know.

I made screenshot PDFs of the Realms NPC threads on WotC (after they started "archiving" stuff to make sure I didn't lose them). I could send you copies, if you want.

Oooohhh I'd looooove to get my hand on those PDFs if you still have them friend!
Lily M Green Posted - 26 Aug 2013 : 13:04:37
quote:
Originally posted by Madpig

quote:
Originally posted by Lily M Green

This is actually a question about a possible 2E NPC but I didn't think it warranted a thread of its own and I suspect there's more traffic on general chat so...

In Baldur's Gate: Throne of Bhaal, prompted by Anomen, Keldorn Firecam speaks of a past campaign with the Order of the Most Radiant Heart where he and his men come under attack from a someone named Grinning Rath on the Giants Plain what I want to know is is this character a canon NPC or simply a name made up by the developers? If the character is a canon NPC where can I find further info about him?

I'd say they were not canon. But if it was mentioned in BG-books then it is canon.

Just to be clear - as you said 'they' rather than 'he' - there is a spoiler tag in my post (so you have to highlight the blank section to see what character I'm referring to. As far as I remember, neither Anomen nor Keldorn are canon but I wanted to know if the character Keldorn battled was.
Madpig Posted - 26 Aug 2013 : 12:37:04
quote:
Originally posted by Lily M Green

This is actually a question about a possible 2E NPC but I didn't think it warranted a thread of its own and I suspect there's more traffic on general chat so...

In Baldur's Gate: Throne of Bhaal, prompted by Anomen, Keldorn Firecam speaks of a past campaign with the Order of the Most Radiant Heart where he and his men come under attack from a someone named Grinning Rath on the Giants Plain what I want to know is is this character a canon NPC or simply a name made up by the developers? If the character is a canon NPC where can I find further info about him?

I'd say they were not canon. But if it was mentioned in BG-books then it is canon.
Lily M Green Posted - 26 Aug 2013 : 12:06:38

Xnella Moonblade-Thann Posted - 05 Aug 2013 : 05:46:41
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Xnella Moonblade-Thann

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Knightfall

Does anyone know which NPCs got full writeups for 3E in DRAGON or DUNGEON Magazine?

The DragonDex should cover that:- http://www.aeolia.net/dragondex/

It doesn't give a write-up, just mentions which issue the write-up is in.

Yes, but it also lists what ruleset the character write-ups are. So you can easily see who was written up, in Dragon, in 3E.

Still...at least the class and levels would be nice...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Aug 2013 : 05:24:58
quote:

quote:

quote:

Does anyone know which NPCs got full writeups for 3E in DRAGON or DUNGEON Magazine?

Yes, but it also lists what ruleset the character write-ups are. So you can easily see who was written up, in Dragon, in 3E.
Xnella Moonblade-Thann Posted - 05 Aug 2013 : 04:39:46
quote:

quote:

The Sage Posted - 05 Aug 2013 : 03:11:05
quote:

Knightfall Posted - 04 Aug 2013 : 17:25:59
Xnella Moonblade-Thann Posted - 02 Aug 2013 : 09:59:26
From my personal notes:

Arilyn Moonblade: In Elfshadow, it is mentioned that King Zaor died on 2 Ches, 1321 DR. It is also mentioned that Amnestria, Arilyn's mother, was sent into secret exile because of some private disgrace (Arilyn surmised that it was because of her mother's dalliance with a human and resulting pregnancy. It also mentions at the beginning of the book that Arilyn looked like she was just south of her twentith winter, yet she was nearly 40 while she was dealing with the Zhents for the Harpers. Since Elfshadow was placed in fall 1361 DR, it could be surmised that Arilyn was born in late-1321 DR/mid-1322 DR (taking into account that a half-elf pregnancy is about a year compared to a human's 9 month pregnancy and an elf's 2 year pregnancy)

Danilo Thann: In Elfshadow, it is mentioned that Danilo looks to be less than 30 winters. Since Elfshadow was placed in fall 1361 DR, that could place Danilo's birth anywhere from 1332 DR to 1335 DR.

Stated in the Land of Intrigues boxed set:
Queen Zaranda (Star) Rhindaun: 1331 DR
King Haedrak Rhindaun: 1334 DR
Princess Sybille Rhindaun: 1370 DR
Prince Coram Rhindaun: 1370 DR
Princess Cyriana Rhindaun: 1370 DR

Figured out how to do this with just my kindle and cell phone, AND managed to get this posted well before my self-imposed deadline of noon EST...damn I'm good
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Aug 2013 : 04:52:25
Page 7 of the appropriately-titled Seven Sisters:

quote:
Dornal's wooing of the lady, Elué Shundar, was suddenly and ardently rewarded. Mystra seduced the ranger Dornal, and strengthened and dazzled him with Elué's magic. This magical activity forced Mystra to reveal herself to the mortal woman, who joyfully agreed to sharing her body with Mystra. Elué/Mystra and Dornal were wed in the Year of Drifting Stars (760 DR).
The happy couple had a daughter, Anastra Syluné, the following winter (the Year of Laughter, 761 DR), and six other daughters followed, one per winter: Endue Alustriel in the Year of the Snow Sword (762 DR); Ambara Dove in the Year of the Sharp Edge (763 DR); Ethena Astorma in the Year of Mistmaidens (764 DR); Anamanué Laeral in the Year of the Cowl (765 DR); Alassra Shentrantra -- she is known today only as the Simbul -- in the Year of the Yearning (766 DR), and Erésseae Qilué in the Year of the Awakening Wyrm (767 DR).

Khelben Arunsun was born in 414, the Year of Omen Stars.
Xnella Moonblade-Thann Posted - 02 Aug 2013 : 04:20:25
I'll tackle the seven sisters, Khelben, Danilo, and Zaranda, plus their family members, if you want me to, BEAST. Just give me until noon EST to post, since I'm currently at work and won't get home until 3am EST.
Knightfall Posted - 02 Aug 2013 : 02:52:50
BEAST, that's an amazing amount of research! Thanks for your knowledge and input!

What about these Heroes' Lorebook NPCs: Adon, Azoun Obarskyr IV (and his immediate family members), Cadderly, Danilo Thann, Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun, Mirt, Mourngrym Amcathra, Piergeiron, Vangerdahast, Zaranda Star, and all the Seven Sisters?
Xnella Moonblade-Thann Posted - 02 Aug 2013 : 02:14:42
quote:

quote:

Hey Wooly...what are your stats in the Realms under 3.x? Just curious since I might have you appear in my game with some of your hair dye...might be able to make a good caper with this...

I don't think I've ever statted myself. I've done a few of those "what type of D&D character are you?" quizzes, and I usually wind up being a NG half-elf bard or fighter-mage.

So Wooly...NG half-elf fighter-mage, able to cast Disguise Self, CL 5th, not from Thay...are ye sure ye are not the offspring of Arilyn and Danilo...or mayhap ye are an unknown son of Elaith and some unknown human wench who somehow travled back in time to when Queen Amlaruil was not much more than a child?...
BEAST Posted - 01 Aug 2013 : 23:41:05
Birth Years of RAS Characters

Based on my own personal research, I have determined the following:

Guenhwyvar: first bonded with the magical figurine in summer of 253 DR; but she was already an adult, natural, giant panther before that (per the short story "Guenhwyvar"). So we're not really sure exactly when she was born. How long does it take for a dire panther to grow into an adult?

Bruenor: Streams of Silver starts out in the very early spring of 1356 DR, before the ice had even melted, and Bruenor was said to have been nearly 2 centuries old. So Bruenor was born after the very early spring of 1156 DR. The Legacy appears to have begun as spring was dawning in 1358 DR (the same year as Siege of Darkness and the Time of Troubles), and Bruenor was said to have been working the rock for more than 2 centuries. So Bruenor was born before spring, 1158 DR. This means he was born between spring, 1156; and spring, 1158 DR.

The Savage Frontier is set in 1358 DR, and says that Clan Battlehammer had been exiled from Mithral Hall 175 years prior. So the clan lost the Hall in 1183 DR.

According to the short story "The First Notch", Bruenor was past his mid-twenties during that particular adventure, but not yet 30. If Bruenor were born in 1158 DR, then he could've only been 25 when the clan lost the Hall, which would contradict the short story, which says he was past his mid-twenties during that adventure, and there wasn't even any sign of the dragon yet, at that point. So it looks like Bruenor was born closer to spring of 1156 DR, which would make him over 25 years of age between 1181 and 1183 DR for "The First Notch", and 27 years old when Shimmergloom the shadow dragon struck Mithral Hall in 1183 DR.

Drizzt: Official lorebooks (Menzoberranzan [Boxed Set], FRCS [2E], TGHOTR, Menzoberranzan: City of Intrigue) have stated that Drizzt was born in 1297 DR.

But per Ed, this date was decided by the design team while the M[BS] and The Legacy were being dreamt up, which was before anything had ever happened in a Drizzt book which tied in with the Realms timeline as a whole. The first event that really did tie Drizzt's life story to the greater Realms timeline was the Time of Troubles, which took place during the novel Siege of Darkness, in 1358 DR.

Using that as a temporal anchor point or "time zero", we can then use the earlier Drizzt novels to backwards-calculate his birth year. There are plenty of time clues concerning his time in Menzo, at the Academy, on patrol duty for the city, his exile, his exodus to the surface, his time in Icewind Dale, and his time at Mithral Hall leading up to the TOT. Utilizing all of this, to the best of my reckoning, I would say that Drizzt was probably born very early in 1298 DR--not 1297.

(Back in 1991, they were basically guessing at a birth year for Drizzt, since it was totally up in the air at that point. Nobody knew, in 1991, how long it was going to take Bob to get his Drizzt tale in step with the rest of the Realms timeline. So any date that they decided in committee was just a pronouncement from thin air, right then. When all was said and done, RAS did finally manage to connect the dots, but he ended up arranging things so that Drizzt's birth year was effectively one year off from what the design team had pronounced.)

I suggested some possible in-world explanations for all of this to Brian for possible inclusion in M:COI, but sadly these didn't make it in. I theorized that confusion exists over the exact birth year of Drizzt because, as stated in the FRCS [2E], the first recorded mention of Drizzt Do'Urden is in the year 1297 DR. Naturally, many people would interpret that this must mean that he was born in that year. But that's not necessarily the case. Instead, perhaps a yochlol ordered Matron Malice Do'Urden to name her son Drizzt while Malice was still pregnant, and this command was recorded in a family journal. (Or perhaps Matron Malice already knew the name she was going to give to her upcoming son in 1297 DR and entered them both onto some form of Menzo baby gift registry! ) Either way, the fact that his name was recorded in 1297 DR does not automatically mean that he was actually born in that same year, though it's very understandable why people might make that mistake.

Regis: Said to be fifty years of age in mid-1356 DR (The Halfling's Gem), Regis would seem to have been born in 1306 DR.

Catti-brie: Her official age varied by several years in the novels, most likely in an ongoing effort to continue to portray her as youthful and alluring, but I have tried to find a concensus amongst the sources to find her most likely birth year. She was 11 when Drizzt met her in late 1345 DR (Sojourn). This points toward a birth year of 1334 DR.

Catti-brie's mother died during childbirth in Mirabar, and sometime later her father moved to the Icewind Dale town of Termalaine and re-married, where it is said that they lived for 3 years before she was orphaned (Hall of Heroes, Heroes' Lorebook) as a "toddler" (Sojourn). This would seem to indicate that if she were born in 1334 DR, then she was probably orphaned in 1337 or 1338 DR, which make her about 3 1/2 years old at the time.

She was said to have been living with the dwarves for over 7 years (7+ years) when she met Drizzt (Sojourn). So if she were 11 years old, and she had been living with the dwarves for 7+ of those years, then she would've been about 3+ years old when she was orphaned. This points toward an orphan year of 1337-38 DR.

We're told that Cat had been living with the dwarves for more than a score of years in Siege of Darkness, in autumn, 1358 DR. So this again points toward Cat having been orphaned probably late in 1337 or early in 1338 DR.

In Passage to Dawn, as Drizzt visits with Cadderly in the summer of 1364 DR, Cat is said to be approaching her 30th birthday. Again, this points toward a birth year of 1334 DR.

By my reckoning, Catti-brie was probably born in late summer or early autumn of 1334 DR. She would have been 50 years old when she died during the onset of the Spellplague in the early summer of 1385 DR (The Ghost King).

Wulfgar: The barbarian was said to have been 18 years of age in the spring of 1356 DR, as the male Companions of the Hall set off to find Mithral Hall (Streams of Silver). This indicates a probable birth year of 1338 DR.

However, I have hypothesized that Bruenor's gift of the magical warhammer Aegis-fang to Wulfgar in the summer of 1355 DR (The Crystal Shard) might've actually been a birthday present. Seen in this light, it's possible that Wulfgar's birthday was in the summer. So, perhaps, he was born in summer, 1337 DR.

This would make him approximately 3 years younger than Catti-brie.

Artemis Entreri: Said to have lived 4 decades in Servant of the Shard, which was set in a summer season; and then the short story "That Curious Sword" takes place a couple of months later in 1367 DR. This would seem to place SOTS in summer, 1367 DR. So Entreri would appear to have been born ~1327 DR.

The short story "The Third Level" says that a young Entreri did not really remember exactly when he was born, but he did remember a happy time before the rainy season in Memnon. The sourcebook Empires of the Sands says that the rainy season of Calimshan occurs during the winter and early spring. So perhaps Entreri was born in the late autumn, just before the rainy season. This would mean that he was probably born in late autumn, 1326 DR--the Year of the Striking Hawk (how appropriate, huh? ).
BEAST Posted - 01 Aug 2013 : 21:33:29
quote:

Heroes' Lorebook seems to be "written" around 1364 DR...

It may vary from one NPC article to the next, rather than having one set date for the whole work. For RAS's characters, the latest source listed in Heroes' Lorebook is Siege of Darkness, which was set in 1358 DR.

quote:
Originally posted by Ze

In my notes, Villains' Lorebook is "written" in 1367 DR.
Could it be that Heroes' Lorebook is set in the same year?

Again, I think the "current" date varies by NPC article, as the latest source listed in Villains' Lorebook for a RAS character is Passage to Dawn, which was set in 1364 & 1365 DR.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Aug 2013 : 13:06:44
quote:

Oh my goddess...you really crack me up Wooly! And I am going to use this potion of yours in my Realms...hope you don't mind!

Go for it! It was a flip idea, but I think it's a good one.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Aug 2013 : 13:02:19
quote:

Hey Wooly...what are your stats in the Realms under 3.x? Just curious since I might have you appear in my game with some of your hair dye...might be able to make a good caper with this...

I don't think I've ever statted myself. I've done a few of those "what type of D&D character are you?" quizzes, and I usually wind up being a NG half-elf bard or fighter-mage.
Xnella Moonblade-Thann Posted - 01 Aug 2013 : 09:20:56
Xnella Moonblade-Thann Posted - 01 Aug 2013 : 08:42:27
quote:

quote:

As I saw quoted somewhere around the forums, "even small details can slip through the cracks when the books go to the editors" Take for example Queen Amlaruil, in two books by two different authors and published at roughly the same tine, she had red-gold hair in one book and blue hair in another. I think both books had the same editors, but somehow that tiny detail slipped through.

I have an explanation for that!

Wooly Rupert's Wondrous Hair Dye! It was originally a flip answer on the WotC forums, responding to why some artwork of Alustriel showed her with brown hair.

Wooly Rupert's Wondrous Hair Dye

Okay, I'll admit it: it's me. I've been selling Wooly Rupert's Wondrous Hair Dye in the Realms for many years now. Ten gold for a bottle, ten doses to a bottle. A single dose of Wooly Rupert's Wondrous Hair Dye will cover the head of a medium-sized humanoid, and can be applied in minutes, but lasts for one full month (thirty days). During that time, the wearer can mentally control the color and style of their hair, changing either by act of will, once a day. The style and color choice will remain until the wearer decides to change either, or until the dose wears off.

A side effect is that all body hair (eyebrows, etc) is affected by Wooly Rupert's Wondrous Hair Dye, even though it's usually only applied to the head.

Wooly Rupert's Wondrous Hair Dye is currently available in larger cities of the Realms, and from any outlet of Aurora's Whole Realms Catalog.

Disclaimer: Wooly Rupert is not a Thayvian, and his products are not in anyway connected to that nation or its people.

Wooly Rupert's Wondrous Hair Dye: Prerequisite: Brew Potion, Disguise self. Minimum Caster Level 5

*Notation: I just came up with the concept. I don't recall who added the notes on the in-game creation of the potion, but that creator is of course fully credited with adding the crunch!

Oh my goddess...you really crack me up Wooly! And I am going to use this potion of yours in my Realms...hope you don't mind!

Now, if I remember correctly...I believe it was Elaine Cunningham who had Queen Amlaruil with blue hair even though she should've had red-gold hair...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 31 Jul 2013 : 23:49:08
quote:

As I saw quoted somewhere around the forums, "even small details can slip through the cracks when the books go to the editors" Take for example Queen Amlaruil, in two books by two different authors and published at roughly the same tine, she had red-gold hair in one book and blue hair in another. I think both books had the same editors, but somehow that tiny detail slipped through.

I have an explanation for that!

Wooly Rupert's Wondrous Hair Dye! It was originally a flip answer on the WotC forums, responding to why some artwork of Alustriel showed her with brown hair.

Wooly Rupert's Wondrous Hair Dye

Okay, I'll admit it: it's me. I've been selling Wooly Rupert's Wondrous Hair Dye in the Realms for many years now. Ten gold for a bottle, ten doses to a bottle. A single dose of Wooly Rupert's Wondrous Hair Dye will cover the head of a medium-sized humanoid, and can be applied in minutes, but lasts for one full month (thirty days). During that time, the wearer can mentally control the color and style of their hair, changing either by act of will, once a day. The style and color choice will remain until the wearer decides to change either, or until the dose wears off.

A side effect is that all body hair (eyebrows, etc) is affected by Wooly Rupert's Wondrous Hair Dye, even though it's usually only applied to the head.

Wooly Rupert's Wondrous Hair Dye is currently available in larger cities of the Realms, and from any outlet of Aurora's Whole Realms Catalog.

Disclaimer: Wooly Rupert is not a Thayvian, and his products are not in anyway connected to that nation or its people.

Wooly Rupert's Wondrous Hair Dye: Prerequisite: Brew Potion, Disguise self. Minimum Caster Level 5

*Notation: I just came up with the concept. I don't recall who added the notes on the in-game creation of the potion, but that creator is of course fully credited with adding the crunch!
Xnella Moonblade-Thann Posted - 31 Jul 2013 : 22:56:52
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 31 Jul 2013 : 12:55:20
quote:
Originally posted by The SageThanks Ashe.

I couldn't remember whether it was in GHotR that I read Drizzt's birth year. [Though, I still seem to vaguely remember some reference prior to Grand History that mentioned the dark elf's birth year. Hmmm.]

I believe it's one of those items that was bandied about and argued over for years until it was made official in the GHotR. I know that, for a while, the timeline of the books was "out of whack" with the timeline of other Realms novels.
The Sage Posted - 31 Jul 2013 : 03:06:52
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

quote:

quote:

Those all seem about right -- most that handful of NPCs were given years of birth. I don't think Drizzt was given a year of birth (I could be wrong); ...
I'm certainly no Drizzt-expert when it comes to pertinent facts about the dark elf, but for whatever reason, I'm suddenly recalling something I read in a book, once, about Drizzt's birth year being 1254 DR.

Can any of our more dedicated Drizzt-scribes confirm or deny this?

From Grand History of the Realms, p. 132:

quote:
1297: DR Year of the Singing Skull

The son of Malice and Zaknafein Do’Urden, Drizzt of House Daermon Na’Shezbaeron, is born in Menzoberranzan. Using the power of the birth of Drizzt, his mother Malice was able to create a spell capable of defeating House Devir, and as a result House Do’Urden became the Ninth House of Menzoberranzan.

Thanks Ashe.

I couldn't remember whether it was in GHotR that I read Drizzt's birth year. [Though, I still seem to vaguely remember some reference prior to Grand History that mentioned the dark elf's birth year. Hmmm.]
Ze Posted - 30 Jul 2013 : 23:04:36
quote:
Ze, what's the reasoning for you placing Villains Lorebook at 1367 DR in your notes? Is it mentioned in the book? Did a TSr/WotC author give you an official answer for that date? Or was it through your own reasoning?

No official answer, sorry.
I've been slowly building my list of in-setting publication dates of sourcebooks by adding up pieces from Candlekeep, from other sites, and from an old link on WotC (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/fictionlist) - that link is not working any more, but in the Wayback Archive it shoul work smoothly.
The dates I have double-checked personally, unfortunately, are not many, and the Villains' Lorebook was not among them.
Now, trying to answer to you, I have gone through that book in order to verify its in-setting year, and... 1367 was wrong!

The Villains' Lorebook actually mentions 1368 DR a few times, so we can't place it before that date. But it does mention Xeno Mirrormane as if he were still alive, and we know he died in Nightal of 1368 DR. So I would say late 1368 DR, but not at the end of the year - and with a little more time it might also be possible to identify a more specific timeframe.
Knightfall Posted - 30 Jul 2013 : 22:17:44
quote:

I will admit I may be wrong on the possible year Heroes' Lorebook was written...GHotR tells me that New Olamn was indeed refounded towards the end of 1366 DR...so Heroes' Lorebook could have been written late 1366 DR or early 1367 DR...plus it mentions Zaranda Star as gathering support for the Reclamation Wars in Tethyr which goes along with what's written in her bio in Heroes's Lorebook as being a queen down there...

quote:
Originally posted by Ze

In my notes, Villains' Lorebook is "written" in 1367 DR.
Could it be that Heroes' Lorebook is set in the same year?

Hmm, it sounds like 1367 DR might be a good date to place the two books in the world's timeline.

Ze, what's the reasoning for you placing Villains Lorebook at 1367 DR in your notes? Is it mentioned in the book? Did a TSr/WotC author give you an official answer for that date? Or was it through your own reasoning?
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 30 Jul 2013 : 13:16:14
quote:

quote:

Those all seem about right -- most that handful of NPCs were given years of birth. I don't think Drizzt was given a year of birth (I could be wrong); ...
I'm certainly no Drizzt-expert when it comes to pertinent facts about the dark elf, but for whatever reason, I'm suddenly recalling something I read in a book, once, about Drizzt's birth year being 1254 DR.

Can any of our more dedicated Drizzt-scribes confirm or deny this?

From Grand History of the Realms, p. 132:

quote:
1297: DR Year of the Singing Skull

The son of Malice and Zaknafein Do’Urden, Drizzt of House Daermon Na’Shezbaeron, is born in Menzoberranzan. Using the power of the birth of Drizzt, his mother Malice was able to create a spell capable of defeating House Devir, and as a result House Do’Urden became the Ninth House of Menzoberranzan.
Xnella Moonblade-Thann Posted - 30 Jul 2013 : 09:33:38
that sounds about right...so that would put the Heroes's Lorebook around the same time since it was published in 1996
Ze Posted - 30 Jul 2013 : 09:27:06

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000