Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Famous half-dragons

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Imp Posted - 23 Feb 2012 : 15:57:11
Are there any in the Realms?
27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Xnella Moonblade-Thann Posted - 06 Apr 2012 : 10:23:26
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

Not a very famous, but still known in narrow circles more widely than she'd like to: Narnra Shalace.

I've heard of her. Maerjanthra Shalace the sorceress (aka Lady Maerjanthra of the Gems, jeweler to the nobility in Waterdeep) & Elminster Aumar begat Narnra Shalace. Maerjanthra is a song dragon called Joysil. That's all I can remember other than the book it was in...Elminster's Daughter I believe.
TBeholder Posted - 27 Feb 2012 : 06:45:12
Not a very famous, but still known in narrow circles more widely than she'd like to: Narnra Shalace.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 Feb 2012 : 06:14:36
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

You should post more when you've got it sorted. I'd happily read it. And I'm still waiting to hear your Warforged in the Realms theories.

Yeah, I've been wanting to complete those, but between 55-hour work weeks and a baby, my free time is pretty much gone.

Two of the types are fully written up, and the third is partially done... Though I've decided to go back in and detail an example of each, so that will add to the overall project...

I'm re-issue my offer to provide assistance, Wooly, if you're still interested.

As you know, I've long been working on my own attempts at introducing warforged-like constructs into the Realmslore. And while my own attempts can be just as slow-going, I've always appreciated your ability to act as a sounding board in such ramblings.

They're all basically done, it's just finding the time to commit what's in me head down to paper. I have the Dragon Naturally Speaking software on my computer, maybe I should finally give it a try...
Fellfire Posted - 26 Feb 2012 : 06:02:16
Yeah, nothing too special about an arch-lich for a patron. No big. As for all girl groups, I want one too.
The Sage Posted - 26 Feb 2012 : 03:21:10
quote:

quote:

You should post more when you've got it sorted. I'd happily read it. And I'm still waiting to hear your Warforged in the Realms theories.

Yeah, I've been wanting to complete those, but between 55-hour work weeks and a baby, my free time is pretty much gone.

Two of the types are fully written up, and the third is partially done... Though I've decided to go back in and detail an example of each, so that will add to the overall project...

I'm re-issue my offer to provide assistance, Wooly, if you're still interested.

As you know, I've long been working on my own attempts at introducing warforged-like constructs into the Realmslore. And while my own attempts can be just as slow-going, I've always appreciated your ability to act as a sounding board in such ramblings.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 Feb 2012 : 02:33:43
quote:

quote:

quote:

Wooly's Angels? Do tell...

Heh, I'm still fiddling with the concept (haven't figured out how to bring in the bard character, for example)... The archlich-like guy was a separate idea, and the all-female adventuring group was another (mostly inspired by the one in Ruins of Myth Drannor). I was more recently thinking of the archlich when it occurred to me to mix him with the all-girl group. It's not really a Charlie's Angels thing; he is more of a mentor to the group mage and backup firepower, when needed. The girls do their own thing, and one of them has a mentor.

This reminds me Wooly, of one of the Wyrms of the North articles in which the dragon had himself a posse of all female adventurers. I gotta dig that up.

edit: Found it. Galadaeros. Maybe this will help ye.

Thanks for the reference.

My group is just your average bunch of adventurers, with the only real difference being the archlich-type. Nothing really special about them, I just wanted to have an all-female group.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 Feb 2012 : 02:31:05
quote:

Fellfire Posted - 25 Feb 2012 : 18:52:47
quote:

quote:

Heh, I'm still fiddling with the concept (haven't figured out how to bring in the bard character, for example)... The archlich-like guy was a separate idea, and the all-female adventuring group was another (mostly inspired by the one in Ruins of Myth Drannor). I was more recently thinking of the archlich when it occurred to me to mix him with the all-girl group. It's not really a Charlie's Angels thing; he is more of a mentor to the group mage and backup firepower, when needed. The girls do their own thing, and one of them has a mentor.

This reminds me Wooly, of one of the Wyrms of the North articles in which the dragon had himself a posse of all female adventurers. I gotta dig that up.

edit: Found it. Galadaeros. Maybe this will help ye.
Fellfire Posted - 25 Feb 2012 : 17:27:34
Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Feb 2012 : 17:24:38
quote:

Fellfire Posted - 25 Feb 2012 : 16:53:06
Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Feb 2012 : 16:32:08
Half-dragons, whether the 2e variety (which I prefer) or the 3e variety, have received little attention in the published Realms.

I once created some 2e half-dragon NPCs that I dropped into Waterdeep, but I decided to tweak the concept and then lost interest in them. Right now, my NPC-creation energies have been focused on a sorcerer inspired by draconians, three different Realmsified warforged (different flavors for each), a legless mage, and an all-female adventuring party and the unique archlich-like mentor they have.
Fellfire Posted - 25 Feb 2012 : 06:15:47
quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478

quote:
Originally posted by Kno

In Underdark you can find a derro half dragon lich ruling one city

That is borderline absurd

Seriously, that thing has got to be crackerjack crazy.
Fellfire Posted - 24 Feb 2012 : 22:19:44
Forestlord Elves

Quamara Keleidsa is a moon elf renegade from a family that was split in half due to the acceptance of the N'Tel'Quess into Myth Drannor. Although she claims to be from “House Keleidsa” and has claimed ancestral territory in the Archwood, no record can be found of a “House Keleidsa” in any elven records, and it has been theorized that the house may have splintered even further after its initial split, and that the original renegades may have been further banished from the Eldreth Veluuthra after entering into pacts with green dragons and drow.

Quamara has allied herself with displaced “spider kisser” drow, and has taken one as her lover, and has begun to take on some of the affectations of a matron mother. These drow aid in trade missions into the Underdark with the various races there. Further, Quamara has found a way to infuse the essense of a green dragon upon herself, making herself into a half-dragon (though her draconic aspects are somewhat less than what other half-dragons might show).

Quamara has also infused many of the elves of “House Keleidsa” with lesser amounts of draconic essense, and thus has created a force of Forestlord Elves that are able to monitor the nearby dalesmen and scout and spy for the house, as well as performing various assassinations that she might deem needful to maintain her hidden fortress within the Archwood.

From the scrolls here
Fellfire Posted - 24 Feb 2012 : 22:15:19
Hmmm. Maybe it was Waterdeep (which I didn't care for) it must be time to give Dream Spheres (arguably Elaine's best) another read.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 24 Feb 2012 : 22:10:57
There was one in "Waterdeep: City of Splendors" who worked for Eliath, I beleive. don't recall his name. Was it the same one from "Dream Shperes"? I seem to recall he was a half-silver. And FWIW, I have a pair of them (half-gold/Moon elf)roaming Faerun over at the inn.... Twins, no less!
Zireael Posted - 24 Feb 2012 : 20:27:04
There's a half-dragon in CotSQ.

And I think I remember some other, but I can't find the sources right now...
Artemas Entreri Posted - 24 Feb 2012 : 19:21:48
quote:
Originally posted by Kno

That is borderline absurd
Demron Posted - 24 Feb 2012 : 19:12:32
There is also the Sisterhood of Essembra in Battledale. They are almost exclusively female half song dragons.
Kno Posted - 24 Feb 2012 : 16:21:54
Aulduron Posted - 23 Feb 2012 : 20:45:25
You're right, of course. I've been reading too many books. I get them mixed up. Jaerle is the House in Cormanthyr.
Imp Posted - 23 Feb 2012 : 20:42:40
quote:
Originally posted by Aulduron

quote:
Originally posted by RyanATX

I think there is a group of half drow/half Shadow dragons in the WOTSQ...

Yes, some members of House Jaelre.

I think you've mistaken House Jaelre with house Chaulssin, who is full of half-shadow dragon drows.
Aulduron Posted - 23 Feb 2012 : 20:17:23
quote:
Originally posted by RyanATX

Yes, some members of House Jaelre.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 23 Feb 2012 : 20:08:56
quote:
Originally posted by Aulduron

I don't know how "famous" they are, but there are some Dragonborn in the first three books of The Brotherhood of the Griffon, and Myshik (who is actually half dragon) from the Empyrean Odyssey.

Myshik is going to be on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno next week, that should qualify as famous.
RyanATX Posted - 23 Feb 2012 : 19:53:12
Aulduron Posted - 23 Feb 2012 : 19:34:20
I don't know how "famous" they are, but there are some Dragonborn in the first three books of The Brotherhood of the Griffon, and Myshik (who is actually half dragon) from the Empyrean Odyssey.
Fellfire Posted - 23 Feb 2012 : 16:01:42
The half silver dragon-elf and Elaith's cousin mentioned in Dream Spheres and a short story in Dragon. Tincheron, I believe.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000