Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Elven High Magic

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aryalómë Posted - 09 Mar 2011 : 01:09:36
Are there going to be any sources where our FR Elazdrin/Elves can learn Hgh Magic again? Also, are there going to be any FR specific source books like Races of Faerun (a COMPLETE one) and Magic of Faern? Oh, and Faiths and Pantheons?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 10 Mar 2011 : 14:14:06
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

The answer to both your questions is most likely no. WotC has made it very clear that they aren't releasing any sourcebooks in a setting beyond the basic two, which means the setting depth we've been used to just isn't going to happen in 4e. Unless they change their minds, but I haven't heard anything about them doing that yet.

Nothing about Elven High Mages but should be something about Bladesingers, but regarding Hoondatha's reply about no more setting books, I refer you to this:
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Neverwinter_Campaign_Guide

Thanks for the link, Alisttair.
Alisttair Posted - 10 Mar 2011 : 13:46:13
Races of Faerûn as well for Sun Elf flavor
Ayrik Posted - 09 Mar 2011 : 22:49:25
Cormanthyr: Empire of the Elves is a free download. It's 2E, so you'll have to convert it into 4E rules.
Hoondatha Posted - 09 Mar 2011 : 21:58:11
Elves of Evermeet is ok, but the true source for info on Elven High Magic is the 2e book Cormanthyr.
Kentinal Posted - 09 Mar 2011 : 21:42:59
Elves of Evermeet, might be best place to start.
One thing to remember, older edition source books, used different tules. You would likely have to house rule them for a 4th game.
Aryalómë Posted - 09 Mar 2011 : 21:35:01
What previous source books shoild I use for my Sun Elf High Mage qho's Chosen of Corellon nd multi classing as a cleric?
Alisttair Posted - 09 Mar 2011 : 11:35:08
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

The answer to both your questions is most likely no. WotC has made it very clear that they aren't releasing any sourcebooks in a setting beyond the basic two, which means the setting depth we've been used to just isn't going to happen in 4e. Unless they change their minds, but I haven't heard anything about them doing that yet.

Nothing about Elven High Mages but should be something about Bladesingers, but regarding Hoondatha's reply about no more setting books, I refer you to this:
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Neverwinter_Campaign_Guide
Kentinal Posted - 09 Mar 2011 : 01:16:39
Last I knew there were no plans for a F&P, 3rd Edition mostly eliminated High Elven Magic so I consider odds low that such will be discussed again.
As to a source book at launch the announcement was only the few already announced and in print.
This however clearly does not prevent the powers that be to change plans and decide to release more source books.
Hoondatha Posted - 09 Mar 2011 : 01:15:19

In 4e terms, an elven high mage would probably be an epic destiny. On the other hand, 4e wizards aren't really wizards any more, so neither term works properly. But you'd need to get someone more versed in 4e mechanics than me to give a shot at whipping up something that might be half-way feasible.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000