Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 FR Adventure teaser...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Matt James Posted - 09 Sep 2009 : 23:26:02
They put up the summary of my debut adventure with my brother Brian R. James...

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dutoc/170

I figure the summary was enough to make some hard-core FR fans drool a bit
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Caolin Posted - 11 Sep 2009 : 05:59:45
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

I can tell you this. We are breaking new ground with old lore.

New ground with old lore huh? I do remember some old lore saying that that area was roamed by barbarians in the days of Netheril.....me thinks. Hmmm, should be very interesting indeed.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Sep 2009 : 01:17:33
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I prefer to sit for long hours, days, weeks [and, yes, sometimes even months] and generate my own.

Months? You can get something done that quickly?
The Sage Posted - 11 Sep 2009 : 01:07:14
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

Anyway, I don't mean to rant. Seriously, I'm greatly intrigued by this... if there were a way to buy D&DI content on a per-article basis, I would definitely be shelling out for this one.
If I'd had a choice in the matter, I probably would've done the same. But since my DDI subscription was a birthday present, I, unfortunately, have to ignore a lot of the material put forth for both DRAGON and DUNGEON. But that's mostly because I don't usually like to use pre-made adventures. I prefer to sit for long hours, days, weeks [and, yes, sometimes even months] and generate my own. And most of the 4e rules material included in DRAGON is of little use to me because my own particular rules-set is a hodge-podge of mechanics from many different systems and editions. So, I consider the subscription wasted money for the most part, as I'm only interested in the lore articles.

However, it's times like this, with the upcoming adventure that's the subject of this particular scroll, that I'm glad I've got the subscription.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Sep 2009 : 20:47:36
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

if there were a way to buy D&DI content on a per-article basis, I would definitely be shelling out for this one.

Ditto.
Jakk Posted - 10 Sep 2009 : 20:39:00
quote:

I'm almost ready to subscribe just for this... but I won't. I faithfully purchased my newsstand copies of Dragon from issue #203 up to 359 (and tracked down back issues for #51-#202) and of Dungeon from the first issue for 3E up to the final issue (I don't have my Dungeon collection with me, so I can't give you issue numbers). When the magazines went digital, I just saw it as an attempt to force me to subscribe to magazines that I was perfectly happy to pick up at my FLGS every month like clockwork. This has nothing to do with the edition change; if Dragon and Dungeon were still being printed, I would still be buying Dragon (not sure about Dungeon at this point) at my FLGS.

Anyway, I don't mean to rant. Seriously, I'm greatly intrigued by this... if there were a way to buy D&DI content on a per-article basis, I would definitely be shelling out for this one.
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 10 Sep 2009 : 15:44:45
Yup. The Lovecraft things are all in my halls under the mountain.

But relax. They are all in my bookshelf - not in my bedroom (as my FR stuff).

Chosen of Yog-Sothot.... errrr... ahem.... Moradin
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 10 Sep 2009 : 15:29:26
I think that's understandable.

And well, one might take comfort in the fact that a great deal of FR revolves around "lost gods" or, more generally, "ancient" things. One remembers that there is a whole GRAND HISTORY OF THE REALMS out there in print--a lot of those threats are just forgotten, not gone.

So no reason to assume that the word "ancient" used in FR refers to some Lovecraftian demon (it might--but the chances are only about 1 in a thousand).

Also, I've been in Brian James's house, and there are about 1000 Realms books (novels, sourcebooks, magazine articles), and not a single bit of Lovecraft.

Cheers
arry Posted - 10 Sep 2009 : 12:58:02
quote:

They put up the summary of my debut adventure with my brother Brian R. James...

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dutoc/170

I figure the summary was enough to make some hard-core FR fans drool a bit

I didn't realise you were brothers; you learn something new everyday
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 10 Sep 2009 : 12:57:35
Ho ho ho! It appear to be a great one. Old lore, eh? I love it! It´s a pity that my campaign is running far away from there, but I will wait it anyway.

And, about Cordell adventure:

Super! More of the Cthulhu-lovers rejoice!
^(;,;)^
Quale Posted - 10 Sep 2009 : 12:52:22
Lovecraftian ancient god could be the Dragonking. Tyranthraxus or Moander more likely.
Bakra Posted - 10 Sep 2009 : 12:38:18
I thought there were some barbarians in Thar. I can’t wait for the update to Phlan.
Matt James Posted - 10 Sep 2009 : 11:45:25
Snowblood Posted - 10 Sep 2009 : 10:02:43
You know I'm not sure whats more evil...you teasing us with this brilliant enticement.....or the Ancient God you are about to unleash.....not the Mouldy Oldy again is it??????? Moander the Mushroom Man.........??????
Caolin Posted - 10 Sep 2009 : 07:56:08
I didn't realize that there were barbarian tribes in the Moonsea area any more. Are you aloud to elaborate on where they came from?
Brimstone Posted - 10 Sep 2009 : 02:15:45
Looks great.

I cant wait to see the article!

Thanks James Gang!
Christopher_Rowe Posted - 10 Sep 2009 : 01:04:40
Yeah, an ancient god coming back mentioned in the same sentence as Phlan. No precedent for that in Realmslore I guess (?!?), so clearly it's Lovecraftian.

Any complaint based on speculation is going to be, y'know, the very definition of prejudice, but this is starting to get kind of pathetic.
The Sage Posted - 10 Sep 2009 : 01:03:26
quote:

I'm still not connecting the reference. Is this towards aberrations or something? (i.e. Chuthulu?)

Edit: Which I consider more Far Realm than Elemental Chaos ;)

Erik has the right of it.

I initially thought Capn might have been referring to Bruce's adventure as well. But since we're talking about the Moonsea adventure instead, I made the connection between Cthulhu-esque bits and the Elemental Chaos.
Matt James Posted - 10 Sep 2009 : 00:59:24
err, thanks. I'm usually better at spelling master's name... err...
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 10 Sep 2009 : 00:57:15
It's Cthulhu, actually, and was he talking about the abolethic sovereignty bit? (Which isn't even connected to Matt/Brian's adventure.)

Cheers
Matt James Posted - 10 Sep 2009 : 00:53:07
I'm still not connecting the reference. Is this towards aberrations or something? (i.e. Chuthulu?)

Edit: Which I consider more Far Realm than Elemental Chaos ;)
The Sage Posted - 10 Sep 2009 : 00:50:48
quote:

?

quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

?

I think Capnvan might be referring to the "Elemental Chaos" bit from the adventure's synopsis.

Overall, I've been looking forward to this. I'm a particular fan of the Moonsea, so any new info on the region is always good in my Realms-book.
Brian R. James Posted - 10 Sep 2009 : 00:39:17
?
Matt James Posted - 10 Sep 2009 : 00:33:58
?
Matt James Posted - 09 Sep 2009 : 23:53:03
You're probably right, but I would still like to see what you would ask :D
Teneck Posted - 09 Sep 2009 : 23:39:53
arrrrggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!

And I suppose the answers to ANY questions will be withheld.

drat....grrrr....sigh

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000