Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Mephostopheles (Major "Shadowrealm" Spoilers)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jordanz Posted - 17 Dec 2008 : 21:21:29
MAJOR SHadow Realm (by Paul Kemp) spoilers Below !!!!

Ok so here's my question, is Mephostopheles now a god after devouring a portion of Mask's divinity from Erevis Cale?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jordanz Posted - 18 Dec 2008 : 15:37:53
I'm guessing the laws of math don'necesarily apply to divine power. Bad guy steals a sliver of Masks power to become a "quasi" diety. I assume "quasi" means he's not even a demigod but a step below - the absolute bottom rung of divinity. Ok so now Cale, Riven , and Rivalen split this sliver of power three ways. Ok so know Mephostopheles gets that 1/3 of a sliver of power from Cale.... Well simple math would tell me Arch Devil+sliver of divine power > than Human with same sliver. Still there could be all sorts of mitagating factors. Perhaps as Chosen of Mask, Cale and Riven are more atrtuned to Masks power, thus they are more powerful in the end? But what is Riven now? A quasi diety - maybe on a Chosen of Mystra's level?
scererar Posted - 18 Dec 2008 : 02:17:46
I was kind of confused that he wanted this divine power. You would think an Arch devil would be along the lines of an Exarch already.
dwarvenranger Posted - 18 Dec 2008 : 01:35:26
quote:
Originally posted by Kilvan

quote:
Originally posted by dwarvenranger
It can't be more than Mask's was and he was a lesser deity.

I don't know what you are talking about, but regarding that quote, keep in mind that Asmodeus became a greater god by killing Azuth, a lesser god. I did not read Shadowrealm, or the other two, so sorry if I misunderstood your comment.

It's kind of complicated, but given that one of the three that killed a "godling" still bows to the head of the Shade enclave leads me to believe that he's not that powerful?
As for the 4th ed ascension of Asmodeus to greater god, I'm afraid i have to throw the BS flag. Otherwise how come Orcus isn't a greater diety? He put a lot more powers in the dead book back in the day.
Kilvan Posted - 18 Dec 2008 : 01:22:22
quote:
Originally posted by dwarvenranger
It can't be more than Mask's was and he was a lesser deity.

I don't know what you are talking about, but regarding that quote, keep in mind that Asmodeus became a greater god by killing Azuth, a lesser god. I did not read Shadowrealm, or the other two, so sorry if I misunderstood your comment.

dwarvenranger Posted - 18 Dec 2008 : 00:46:26
Well if he is one he couldn't be much of one since Riven handed him his you know what and told him that anywhere else except his realm he'd continue to do so. And yes I'm considering the power level that Riven now possesses. It can't be more than Mask's was and he was a lesser deity.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000