Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Two short stories.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Spoon Posted - 16 Dec 2008 : 12:58:14
Hello.

A few years ago, I read two incredible FR short stories in an anthology that I seem to have lost. What I am after is the names of them, if anyone knows.

The first one was about a Netheril Mage who was tying to save his love. If I recall correctly, it involved a dragon and him going to join her in death at the end. I also recall her being distressed at how dark the world was compared to where she was on the other side.

The second one was about a judge, a trial, some elemental (I think) witnesses. Perhaps his son was on trial? At the end, I believe he let his ceremonial mask fall to the floor and shatter.

The descriptions that I have given are vague, as they are only at the back of my memory and a little hazy, but I am sure that someone here will know what ones I am referring to.

Many thanks.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Spoon Posted - 16 Dec 2008 : 22:14:06
Ah yes! I do recall it being in Realms of Shadow. I was laying in bed last night and that name was rolling around my mind, but I thought it was just a normal novel name.

I think I have it on my bookshelf!
Hawkins Posted - 16 Dec 2008 : 18:46:37
I seem to remember both of them being in Realms of Shadow.
Lord Karsus Posted - 16 Dec 2008 : 16:35:56
-The second one is definitely from Realms of Shadow. Because the first one deals with Netheril, though I don't recall the story, there is a decent chance it also is in Realms of Shadow.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Dec 2008 : 16:20:07
The second tale is "Trial By Ordeal". It's by Lisa Smedman, and appears in Realms of Shadow.

I don't recall the first one, of the top of my head.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 16 Dec 2008 : 13:40:37
Possibly Realms of Magic? It's been a while since I've read it, so if anyone could confirm/deny...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000