Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 3ed Sidhe sources?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ionik Knight Posted - 16 Dec 2008 : 05:03:00
I've been hunting for canon rules on 3ed Sidhe, so far the only thing I've found has been an elf with half-celestial template. Anyone seen or produced anything with more flair?

Thanks
Ionik Knight
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lord Karsus Posted - 16 Dec 2008 : 16:32:49
-Hey, I didn't know about that column.
Hawkins Posted - 16 Dec 2008 : 16:30:04
Don't forget Fey Feature which ran from December '02 to August '04.
Zanan Posted - 16 Dec 2008 : 13:07:47
Not that I would promote anything 4E without being dragged to the keyboard with white-hot irons, this much-demanded, utter necessity will be out next month, something every decent fantasy-addict craved for ...

http://ww2.wizards.com/Company/Products/Default.aspx?doc=239887200

On a more somber note, if you are really into this, one of the finest real world books on the matter is James MacKillop's Oxford Dictionary of Celtic Mythology.
Ionik Knight Posted - 16 Dec 2008 : 12:46:57
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

There's a wonderful third party book put out by Bastion Press called Faeries. It's the best fae-related gamebook out there, and our own Steven Schend was one of the people who worked on it.

Thanks greatly to you all, I will definitely check this book out.

Ionik Knight
The Sage Posted - 16 Dec 2008 : 12:42:23
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

There's a wonderful third party book put out by Bastion Press called Faeries. It's the best fae-related gamebook out there, and our own Steven Schend was one of the people who worked on it.

Just to expand a little on Wooly's reply...

Steven Schend, who partly edited the book, had this little bit to say:-

"For those interested in another take/option on Faerie, there is a D20 option from Bastion Press y'all might want to take a look at.....

Bryon Wischstadt, long-time Realms fanatic and all-around good guy, wrote this guide to Faerie (both the realm/plane and inhabitants) and yours truly edited it alongside him. As both of us (and Jim Butler, Bastion's president, CEO, and chief cook and bottle washer) all have a deep and abiding love for the Realms, there's nothing in there that wouldn't work in terms of using Faerie as a source for ancient elves (or other more modern threats). It's a mix of old folklore and modern conceptions of Faerie and even stats up Old Man Winter, Father Time, and Father Christmas if you want such.

Steven
Who apologizes profusely for plugging a product but it seems relevant to the discussion at hand"
Zanan Posted - 16 Dec 2008 : 09:44:20
Of course, dozen of fey creatures have already been created in the various 3E sourcebooks, banshees, glaistig, rusalkas and whatnot. It really depends on those you look for specifically.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Dec 2008 : 05:42:54

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000