Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Basics of the God(dess) Deneir

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Townsaver Posted - 21 Nov 2007 : 04:11:22
Howdy. I realize im new to candlekeep, and in fact, im new to Faerun (in my first Faerun-based game, actually). Ive spent a few days trying to search through the volumes of information, but Ive not seen all that much that answers what im looking for.

For my character's choice of deity, I have chosen Deneir, but I have not been able to find out much about this god, other than the domains clerics have access to, that Humans are the race most associated with them, and the fact that denier's chosen weapon is a dagger.

Through searching around in the various forums on here, and asking on my normal first resource for any gaming related questions (ISCABBS.com), I have also learned that Denier is a god of the written word.

Can anyone give me some more information? My character isnt a cleric, or anything, but I want to incorporate more of her God into the character. Im just not sure how else to add more (My DM is willing to allow me to add in as much diety specific knowledge as I can drudge up, and even encourages this, but really only points me to the 3.0 Forgotten Realms sourcebook.

Thanks in advance for any more indepth you all can point me to, or impart to me. :)
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Matthus Posted - 22 Nov 2007 : 00:59:29
For a first scan you may also look here:

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609

If I can give you more details about the information from Faiths & Avatars just let me know
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 21 Nov 2007 : 20:23:36
Well, you know, some gods like to appear in different guises, including different genders.
Hawkins Posted - 21 Nov 2007 : 20:22:41
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

For what it's worth, Deneir is male, as far as gender means anything where the gods are concerned.

Well, there are boy parts and girl parts...
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 21 Nov 2007 : 20:19:11
For what it's worth, Deneir is male, as far as gender means anything where the gods are concerned.
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 21 Nov 2007 : 19:33:07
quote:
Originally posted by Townsaver

Thanks for the suggestions. Im now surfing Ebay trying to get some of these books. :)

That's where I bought mine!

You may also want to take a peek at Wikipedia. It may not be 100% reliable, but his a lot of what it does have.

freyar Posted - 21 Nov 2007 : 14:43:09
Faiths & Avatars is available as a PDF (for $4-5 US) at RPGNow or paizo.com. It might be easier or faster to get the info that way. Hope this helps!
Townsaver Posted - 21 Nov 2007 : 05:07:47
Thanks for the suggestions. Im now surfing Ebay trying to get some of these books. :)
Kuje Posted - 21 Nov 2007 : 04:17:19
Faiths & Avatars from 2e has the best info but you can also find some summary of those passages in 3e's Faiths & Pantheons.
scererar Posted - 21 Nov 2007 : 04:16:21
the forgotten realms novels by RA Salvatore - the Cleric Quintet, as well as the sourcebooks - faiths and pantheons, and FRCS have info On Deneir

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000