Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Eilistraeen Items

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uzzy Posted - 20 Nov 2007 : 22:55:44
Hey there.

I was wondering what sort of mentions there have been in various sourcebooks and novels about the kinds of items Eilistraeens would use? I've got a few ideas for Bastard Swords, but I'm really interested in other, smaller items, particuarly musical instruments. Are there any that the Eilistraeens are associated with?

Thanks.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ergdusch Posted - 21 Nov 2007 : 08:42:41
Check out Dragon #315, it has a PrC for Elistraee worshipers: The Sin Eaters or also called Silverhair Knights. You might find something to your interest in that article, even though I don't recall a particular magical item right now.

Kentinal Posted - 21 Nov 2007 : 04:44:00
A quick but not complete answer can be found here (3.0) : http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20020503a

Some more background and early lore (2nd): http://trismegist.nm.ru/de_eilistraee_eng.html

Matthus Posted - 20 Nov 2007 : 23:57:18
I only remember reading about the dancing and singing. A synonym of Elistraee is Lady of the Dance and I don’t remember other instruments mentioned.

Lore from Demihuman Deities:

At will, the Dark Maiden’s avatar can cause harp, horn or flute music to sound; and sing. At will, her song can affect undead and evil creatures of 3 HD or less as a repulsion spell; can stun any one being for 1 round; or can act as a knock spell.

Elistraee wields twin singing swords of dancing + 3 (each with all of the powers of a bastard sword of dancing and of a singing sword).

When she wishes to appear clothed, the Dark Maiden is garbed in a set of deep brown leather boots and a dappled green cloak that shifts its colours to match the foliage around.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000