Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Necronomicon Ex Mortis

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Weiser_Cain Posted - 01 Apr 2005 : 07:25:32
Was watching Evil Dead 2 and thought "hey, why dont I do my own version of the Necronomicon"! It's actually something I've been wanting to do since highschool. Although I may(read:will most definently) stray from FR lore I wanted you to be able to use it in the game(or just read it for...fun) you know steal ideas.
What sort of subjects would you like to see in my Necronomicon? And how many pages(years of my life) would you think is acceptable?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 02 Apr 2005 : 11:26:12
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

Vile Darkness seems to fit the bill IMHO.

How exactly?
Weiser_Cain Posted - 01 Apr 2005 : 19:24:34
This is going to be a little diffrent than the book of vile darkness. It's going to be as much a picture book as sourcebook. I'm going to write it as if it were the real artifact(with a small note that it isn't in the legal section).
SirUrza Posted - 01 Apr 2005 : 18:36:15
Vile Darkness seems to fit the bill IMHO.
Beowulf Posted - 01 Apr 2005 : 15:57:56
Cool idea.

I made a Necronomicon for my FR campaign. Its an artifact that was dictated by an ancient and mysterious force of great evil and penned during and immediately after the fall of the Raurin Empire by a writer remembered only as the Lost.

It tells of the wizards introduction to the "Namless Fiend", of the westward migrations of the old empires intensely religious slave class (into the lands that would become Mulhurond and Unther), and of all the great atrocities committed by the Lost, under the direction of the Fiend, during the course of those migrations.

It also tells of a mysterious class of beings known only as the Elders, the ultimate authors of the tome.

The tome allows even those unskilled in magic to conjure up lesser demons/devils, and by simple recitation of specific passages ... intent unnecessary.

In more capable hands, the power of the tome is mind boggling, enabling the conjuring of even the greatest of lower planar beings, and the mass animatation and control of undead.

It also contains all sorts of formulas for the creation of mummies, liches, and other greater undead.

It was once used by a tribal chieftain of the Eastern Shaar to unite the tribes and wage war on Unther, but the chieftain sought to betray the bargain he made with the tomes keeper ... thus leading to the great genocide of Shaarites that Unther committed long ago.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't do more than blab of my own version, but have fun in the making of it!!
George Krashos Posted - 01 Apr 2005 : 14:20:29
Something along the lines of the non-monster chapters of the original (REF5) Lords of Darkness - undead lore basically. How to become a lich, vulnerabilities, etc.

-- George Krashos

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000