Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Necronomicon Ex Mortis
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Weiser_Cain
Seeker

87 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2005 :  07:25:32  Show Profile  Visit Weiser_Cain's Homepage Send Weiser_Cain a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Was watching Evil Dead 2 and thought "hey, why dont I do my own version of the Necronomicon"! It's actually something I've been wanting to do since highschool. Although I may(read:will most definently) stray from FR lore I wanted you to be able to use it in the game(or just read it for...fun) you know steal ideas.
What sort of subjects would you like to see in my Necronomicon? And how many pages(years of my life) would you think is acceptable?

I'm always the Wizard!

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6654 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2005 :  14:20:29  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Something along the lines of the non-monster chapters of the original (REF5) Lords of Darkness - undead lore basically. How to become a lich, vulnerabilities, etc.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Beowulf
Learned Scribe

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2005 :  15:57:56  Show Profile  Visit Beowulf's Homepage Send Beowulf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool idea.

I made a Necronomicon for my FR campaign. Its an artifact that was dictated by an ancient and mysterious force of great evil and penned during and immediately after the fall of the Raurin Empire by a writer remembered only as the Lost.

It tells of the wizards introduction to the "Namless Fiend", of the westward migrations of the old empires intensely religious slave class (into the lands that would become Mulhurond and Unther), and of all the great atrocities committed by the Lost, under the direction of the Fiend, during the course of those migrations.

It also tells of a mysterious class of beings known only as the Elders, the ultimate authors of the tome.

The tome allows even those unskilled in magic to conjure up lesser demons/devils, and by simple recitation of specific passages ... intent unnecessary.

In more capable hands, the power of the tome is mind boggling, enabling the conjuring of even the greatest of lower planar beings, and the mass animatation and control of undead.

It also contains all sorts of formulas for the creation of mummies, liches, and other greater undead.

It was once used by a tribal chieftain of the Eastern Shaar to unite the tribes and wage war on Unther, but the chieftain sought to betray the bargain he made with the tomes keeper ... thus leading to the great genocide of Shaarites that Unther committed long ago.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't do more than blab of my own version, but have fun in the making of it!!

"Ill tempered the wretch, who laughs at everyone. He cannot recognize, as he should, that he is not without faults." the High One, Poetic Edda
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2005 :  18:36:15  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vile Darkness seems to fit the bill IMHO.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Weiser_Cain
Seeker

87 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2005 :  19:24:34  Show Profile  Visit Weiser_Cain's Homepage Send Weiser_Cain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is going to be a little diffrent than the book of vile darkness. It's going to be as much a picture book as sourcebook. I'm going to write it as if it were the real artifact(with a small note that it isn't in the legal section).

I'm always the Wizard!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2005 :  11:26:12  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

Vile Darkness seems to fit the bill IMHO.

How exactly?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000