Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Any word on what's next ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Berkthgar Posted - 13 Aug 2015 : 05:56:00
how did you like vengeance of the iron dwarf.

I found it to be a good read. Reminiscent of the 90s , when I think drizzt really was in his prime.

But what's next in the series. These gaps are making it hard to remember what happened previously lol!

BEAST. Can I have a link to that timeline again please
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sfdragon Posted - 21 Aug 2015 : 01:31:27
hmmm who to vote for.... beanre or demo.........

well...... I vote for those who follow the most divine actions of the brave sir robin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZwuTo7zKM8
Veritas Posted - 20 Aug 2015 : 16:14:37
I'd be surprised if our good buddy Demo will flatten Menzo. They appear to be making a relatively static world for 5e, and pancaking one of the most famous locales in FR isn't an editorial decision I could see myself making.
Irennan Posted - 20 Aug 2015 : 13:09:25
quote:
Originally posted by Mirtek

Interesting bit about Troy writing about Orcus. So his new novel might not be about the re-ascension of Myrkul like I originally thought, but rather we might see the return of Kiaransalee (since she's heavily linked to Orcus)

I doubt that they are going to dedicate that much attention to the drow pantheon, let alone a single member. Up to now we've only briefly seen that Eilistraee and Vhaeraun are back, that people remember Kiaransalee's name, and some mentions here and there, but that's it.

I would be surprised (pleasantly), if WotC decided to explain how the events in LP have been reverted.
Mirtek Posted - 20 Aug 2015 : 10:16:09
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

do you have a link for that?

Here you go.

Here's also the foreword from the adventures. In this thread it's also stated that the picture on the cover of OotA is portaying Demogorgon during his rampe in Menzobarranzan.

I wonder how much will be left of the city after he's done. Canonically the portrayal of archfiendd was fluctuating between either just particulary nasty demons that high level characters could easily handle or them having power equivalent of demi- or lesser deities.

The last few appearances of archfieds in FR novels (War of the Spider Queen, Twillight War) portrayed them on the weaker side (to be toyed with by deities and them going crazy over the chance to attain a sliver of a quasi deity's divine spark).

Interesting will be the unique madness caused by Demogorgon (see first link), causing the slightest tension to inspire homicidal mania. Plenty more than just slight tension to be found in a drow city to be sure

Interesting bit about Troy writing about Orcus. So his new novel might not be about the re-ascension of Myrkul like I originally thought, but rather we might see the return of Kiaransalee (since she's heavily linked to Orcus)
sfdragon Posted - 20 Aug 2015 : 02:46:04
do you have a link for that?
Mirtek Posted - 15 Aug 2015 : 09:41:59
They presented the demonlord line-up for Rage of Demons and among them Demogorgon was said to spend his time rampaging through Menzoberranzan.

Zuggtmoy is busy marrying that giant fungus
sfdragon Posted - 15 Aug 2015 : 09:26:25
I might be waiting to read it, either that or I'm going to find it in the book store and read the epilogue and or the last chapter and go from there...
Korginard Posted - 14 Aug 2015 : 21:46:04
From posts on Facebook, it looks like they will be using Zuggtomy, or are at least updating her for the new edition. I suppose that would make sense if the Demon/Underdark thing has any connections to the previous Temple of Elemental Evil thing. No idea what will be in the novel and what will be in the game however. All the material I've seen has mentioned Demon Princes.. plural. It's possible both Demogorgon and Zuggtomy will be mentioned, maybe even others like Grazzt and Orcus.
I dunno, I just can't wait to read it in any case!
BEAST Posted - 14 Aug 2015 : 18:38:17
quote:
Originally posted by Berkthgar

BEAST. Can I have a link to that timeline again please

Well, a link to my chronology is in my signature. But it's not completely up to date, yet. (Pesky real world commitments. Sheesh!)
Eilserus Posted - 14 Aug 2015 : 17:19:18
quote:
Originally posted by Madpig

quote:

archmage is next which is the lead book of the rage of demons wotc line of things.

the demon shown on the wotc site advertising the next line of things is Demagorgon, that if you remember that far back was also in the watchers keep back in the bg2 expansion. whether or not he is in archmage or not I don't know. it is likely that he will be in the next line of things in some form......

I bet my left testicle that Demogorgon will _not_ be in archmage. If anything, I can imagine that RAS's pet demon makes appearance. Despite that he has like 80years left of banishment.

Bad bet to make. ;)
Madpig Posted - 14 Aug 2015 : 10:51:50
quote:

archmage is next which is the lead book of the rage of demons wotc line of things.

the demon shown on the wotc site advertising the next line of things is Demagorgon, that if you remember that far back was also in the watchers keep back in the bg2 expansion. whether or not he is in archmage or not I don't know. it is likely that he will be in the next line of things in some form......

I bet my left testicle that Demogorgon will _not_ be in archmage. If anything, I can imagine that RAS's pet demon makes appearance. Despite that he has like 80years left of banishment.
sfdragon Posted - 13 Aug 2015 : 07:53:38

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000