Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Do You Want a Candlekeep meet ????

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Delzounblood Posted - 21 Dec 2006 : 18:15:49
Hi I have just been reading up on Ed's questions and something I read struck me, no not the keyboard!.

The Hooded One said something about It would be nice to meet / see some of the members she talks too.

Has there ever been a Members of Candlekeep Meet?

I know we are spread all over the world, but alot of people on the boards have struck up friendships and I wondered if any of you have met up or organised a meet?

At least a meet for people in the same country, to save on airfare.

Delz

30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 26 Jan 2008 : 11:24:20
Of course but it's a bit difficult
boddynock Posted - 06 May 2007 : 08:44:35
I can try to come to gen con UK this year. It's about four years ago I went there :-)
The Sage Posted - 17 Feb 2007 : 09:28:09
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

And why am I not surprised that that is still being complained about.... mutter.
You probably won't be surprised either that most of my replies were, for reasons that have still not be made clear, "removed" from that particular thread.

::shakes head::
Alaundo Posted - 15 Feb 2007 : 15:02:42
quote:
Originally posted by Delzounblood

I've just read on Ed Questions a post by Big Al (alaundo) regarding the great one himself (ED) attending GenCon UK some time past..

This got me a thinking, Do you think he could be entised with the promise of free beer and nuts to attend OUR meet at GenCon UK (if thats where we are holding it) ??

One hopes this would come to pass.

Is it worth asking THO to forward our invite to him?

Delz

Well met

Alas, I believe authorsdesigners are invited and paid for by WotC to attend GENCON. With WotC stepping out of the running of GENCON UK I doubt they would have anyone else over these days (I don't recall seeing anyone there recently as guests other than artists).

Furthermore, i'm sure Ed will be the #1 guest of honor at GENCON Indy this year, 2007 being a landmark year for the Realms

Maybe one day though, eh?
Delzounblood Posted - 15 Feb 2007 : 11:07:57
I've just read on Ed Questions a post by Big Al (alaundo) regarding the great one himself (ED) attending GenCon UK some time past..

This got me a thinking, Do you think he could be entised with the promise of free beer and nuts to attend OUR meet at GenCon UK (if thats where we are holding it) ??

One hopes this would come to pass.

Is it worth asking THO to forward our invite to him?

Delz
Kuje Posted - 14 Feb 2007 : 23:40:21
quote:
Originally posted by D-braneThere's just way too much criticism in general on those boards. It's why I don't visit anymore and, also, I heard it's why you don't visit anymore either Kuje31.

I'll admit I was a little curious about things over there a few days ago, so I decided to visit. What a mistake. Can you believe they're all still arguing about the plane changes made to the Realms. And, as usual, the poor Great Wheel supporters are shouted down . . . .

I'm glad that sort of thing doesn't happen here.

Indeed there is way to much of that over there. And why am I not surprised that that is still being complained about.... mutter.
D-brane Posted - 14 Feb 2007 : 23:31:10
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by WalkerNinja

y'know, reading through this thread...

I didn't know that Wooly got banned from the WotC forums! When I clicked on the link that holds his story, it was a dead link. Time for a re-telling!

Aye What could a little furry space hamster do to get banned??

It's kinda amusing because they have now retracted, or so I heard, the reason why he got banned. You can now talk about novels as long as you don't get insulting/criticize the authors.

There's just way too much criticism in general on those boards. It's why I don't visit anymore and, also, I heard it's why you don't visit anymore either Kuje31.

I'll admit I was a little curious about things over there a few days ago, so I decided to visit. What a mistake. Can you believe they're all still arguing about the plane changes made to the Realms. And, as usual, the poor Great Wheel supporters are shouted down . . . .

I'm glad that sort of thing doesn't happen here.
boddynock Posted - 14 Feb 2007 : 16:47:35
I think it would be difficult to get many members together. We have people from all over the world. Even if we choose England (what is a good choise for me) we can't have any change that people from the USA shall come.

If you want a meeting I go to York about a few months with a few rpg friends (2 of them are on Candlekeep)
:-p
Kuje Posted - 14 Feb 2007 : 15:34:02
quote:

quote:

I didn't know that Wooly got banned from the WotC forums! When I clicked on the link that holds his story, it was a dead link. Time for a re-telling!

It's kinda amusing because they have now retracted, or so I heard, the reason why he got banned. You can now talk about novels as long as you don't get insulting/criticize the authors.
Delzounblood Posted - 14 Feb 2007 : 14:30:39
quote:

WalkerNinja Posted - 14 Feb 2007 : 14:26:26

Mace Hammerhand Posted - 14 Feb 2007 : 12:30:56
As I said before, I can provide sleeping space for a couple of people, hell, if anyone living outside Europe needs a place to stay (and provided he helps keeping the fridge filled!) can crash at my place as well.
Delzounblood Posted - 14 Feb 2007 : 11:22:00
quote:

Delzounblood, over in the states I've noticed that lots of folks give their dwarves scottish accents... what accents do you give them in Scotland?

Have you ever heard of Rab. C. Nesbit

A very rough, Beer swilling, swearing, society dropout, no job & unwashed Glaswegen.

Think Drunk, Rough, Scottish Accent, hardley recognisable as speach!

Or as I speak every day!!!!

Delz
WalkerNinja Posted - 13 Feb 2007 : 17:53:19
Me and Dwarvenranger get together every Friday night for our weekly game... so we have very frequent Candlekeep Meets. heheh

Anyone that cares to join our Meet is free to. There are no Cons in South Texas (maybe up in San Antonio), but we have beaches and lots of Mexican Food! Granted, most of it is Jalisco Style, or plain ole Tex-Mex, but its good!

Delzounblood, over in the states I've noticed that lots of folks give their dwarves scottish accents... what accents do you give them in Scotland?
dwarvenranger Posted - 11 Feb 2007 : 18:33:13
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin

Wooly is, I believe, the closest to me. We're both in Florida, however he lives down in south or central florida, while I live in LA (Lower Alabama), Florida. I know that there are others spread around the area here, but none that are regular posters.

Central Florida, east coast. The Space Coast area -- I'm about half an hour south of Daytona. If you look at a map, there's a spot half-way down where the state bulges outward, just a bit. That's where I am.

I may be going to Atlanta in a month or two, but it's work-related.

I happen to be in Port St. Lucie right now, just having helped my parents move up from Boca Raton. I'm going to start making my way back to TX on Tues with a stopover in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. Maybe we could do lunch or something
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Feb 2007 : 16:21:13
quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin

Wooly is, I believe, the closest to me. We're both in Florida, however he lives down in south or central florida, while I live in LA (Lower Alabama), Florida. I know that there are others spread around the area here, but none that are regular posters.

Central Florida, east coast. The Space Coast area -- I'm about half an hour south of Daytona. If you look at a map, there's a spot half-way down where the state bulges outward, just a bit. That's where I am.

I may be going to Atlanta in a month or two, but it's work-related.
Delzounblood Posted - 11 Feb 2007 : 16:20:40
OK some interest

All we need is more people to say there up for it.

If The cost of GenCon UK is going to add to much to this we are flexible, It would be a shame to miss Sage by a week or two so idea's and other possible venues..

or a good show of hands for the GenCon UK idea.

I know I'm in.
and Alaundo

Prehaps if we make a good show of hands some or even one of the designers can "expense" a trip to the UK ?????

Any takers?

Delz
Alaundo Posted - 11 Feb 2007 : 11:35:28
quote:
Originally posted by Uzzy

Hmm. I'm actually quite interested in going to GenCon UK, but I'll wait to see what sort of events are announced. Would be my first time going to one, so what could I expect? Do many of the FR Designers manage to make it across to England, for instance?

Well met

Certainly not on the scale of US GENCON's. Ed has been in the past and ran a seminar (which was thoroughly enjoyable ), but designer attendance tends to be quite sparse. We'll have to wait for the announcements though.

I'll certainly be attending GENCON UK. I'd love to be able to attend GENCON Indy this year but it's looking a little more unlikely now
hammer of Moradin Posted - 11 Feb 2007 : 07:21:28

One of these years I will just up and tell the wife that I'm going to Atlanta to the ComicCon, and if I really get serious it will be a trip to Indianapolis to GenCon. It may take a few years for that, however, since I have to wait for the Bears to go to Indy and beat the Colts so I can have at least a little revenge for the SuperBowl defeat.
Uzzy Posted - 11 Feb 2007 : 03:12:26
Hmm. I'm actually quite interested in going to GenCon UK, but I'll wait to see what sort of events are announced. Would be my first time going to one, so what could I expect? Do many of the FR Designers manage to make it across to England, for instance?
Kuje Posted - 11 Feb 2007 : 02:21:59
Grin

Sorry, can't get together enough money to fly overseas since I'm still paying for 06's Gencon. I'd love to go to 07's but it turns out I have a wedding to go to (no, not mine!) in the middle of Gencon 07's weekend.
The Sage Posted - 11 Feb 2007 : 00:39:50
I'll be visiting the UK in late July-early August, mostly for work purposes and to catch up with the Lady K's extended family.

It might be a stretch, but I could try and re-schedule for a little later in the month. I make no promises though...
KnightErrantJR Posted - 11 Feb 2007 : 00:24:51
I'm still hoping to be able to scrape together enough to go to GenCon Indy this year, and hopefully will find some of you this year (my ex wife and her lawyer got in the way of last year's visit), but I doubt I'll be visiting the UK this year, much as I'd like to do so.
Delzounblood Posted - 11 Feb 2007 : 00:10:03
I am seriously trying to set this up but need support from everyone!

How does this sound????

Gen Con UK 2007

Thursday 30th August 2007
-
Sunday 2nd September 2007

University of Reading
Berkshire, England

please post if you are interested!

I am trying to get this going......

PS IT'S MY WEDDING ANIVERSARY ON THE 30TH SO MAKE IT THE WEEKEND

31ST - 2ND

Delz

http://www.consupport.com/index.asp?Con=61
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 24 Dec 2006 : 23:25:12
As I said, I will play host to anyone who wants to attend the Spiel 2007 in Essen, Germany. I live about 30 minutes by train away from the fair grounds, and when you get a ticket you can drive there for free, if you so choose to.

Plus, I know for us Europeans are a couple century old cities no biggie, but should somebody from another continent wanna stay here, 3 castles (ok, one in ruins but still) and an old city that consists of about 150 buildings being older than the US.

My place ain't big, but I can house as I said before at least 6 people... maybe more.
Delzounblood Posted - 24 Dec 2006 : 23:18:46
Question

Is this going to happen?

Delz
Delzounblood Posted - 24 Dec 2006 : 23:07:04
quote:
Originally posted by LucianBarasu

To ask the questions that need asking:

A. Are you deserving to wear a kilt?

B. Is there anything under the kilt?

That's funny cause he said "Nothing". meaning NOTHING is under the kilt..tsk tsk tsk

sarky git

I am a true scots man, and I wear nothing under my kilt as should be.

Re: Devils in Skirts!!!

LucianBarasu Posted - 24 Dec 2006 : 02:42:35
quote:
Originally posted by Zimme
Yeah and bring your creons Lucian because i want my mapkin-picture of rannek to be in color.....how will you find the time to drink your guiness!?

Crayon in one hand, Guinness in the other. :) come on man think like a dwarf!
Zimme Posted - 24 Dec 2006 : 02:35:17
quote:
Originally posted by LucianBarasu

Listen you put something together in Europe or in jolly ol England, and make it for like...fall/winter of 07, My hawaiian @$$ will fly over there...but if I come all the way to hang with my fellow candlekeepers, Who happen to also play D&D, we are gaming at some point.
(then after we break, we go out hit the pubs, rob old ladies, blame the American etc...)

I planned on coming over there and doing a touristy Castle tour around my home island...Ireland sometime in 07 anyway. fall/winter would be perfect ( i need to save like 3,000 bucks yet. i'd be staying like a week or two.) so yeah count me in if you do it fall/winter 07.

(and Delz, if we all go out to a pub, I will not draw you pics of your battlerager on beer napkins..so don't ask hehe.)

Yeah and bring your creons Lucian because i want my mapkin-picture of rannek to be in color.....how will you find the time to drink your guiness!?
LucianBarasu Posted - 23 Dec 2006 : 14:49:01
To ask the questions that need asking:

A. Are you deserving to wear a kilt?

B. Is there anything under the kilt?

That's funny cause he said "Nothing". meaning NOTHING is under the kilt..tsk tsk tsk

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000