Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Candlekeep Inn

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zemd Posted - 06 Mar 2003 : 18:59:38
I was reading posts at the inn (yes i'm only reading, i just spend to much time in the regular forums, i don't want to spend much more!!!)
And i noticed that a lot of patrons are cloaked. I think it's quite funny, imagine the inn where no one can see the other's face
22   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ezindir the dark Posted - 10 Dec 2003 : 17:00:12
Since many of the guests in the Inn is other races then human I think it is natural that many are cloaked. We all now what a drow can be a victim for if she reveals herself*

*Just look at thge way you find Viconia in both BG 1 and 2
Salabasha Posted - 01 Aug 2003 : 01:45:17
Hehehehehe... It is the newest trend... or maybe the oldest?
Anywho...
*Proceeds to flap his cape around.
I am Batman!

Alaundo Posted - 22 Jul 2003 : 17:56:28
Well Met

The Grounds of Candlekeep are now open.

Oh, and please dont walk on the grass or pick the flowers
The Sage Posted - 21 May 2003 : 13:56:10
Ahh yes,

Zemd, what you just said reminds me of the old theory about 'hiding something in plain sight to make it disappear'. An interesting theory...

Good learning...

- The Sage of Perth: For all your Realms Lore needs

zemd Posted - 06 May 2003 : 21:42:59
Yes we can, someone entering a room in full light with a lot of noise has something to hide. Principle of the wizard (RL one) attract attention to hide something
Malice Posted - 06 May 2003 : 19:17:57
::looks at Strahd Von Zarovich with worry:: Um...yeah. ::turns back to the origianal topic:: I think the idea of everyone in the inn wearing cloaks is because they represent an aura of mystery; we can;t have a new character without the ol' aforementioned 'mystery aura' thing, can we?
Strahd Von Zarovich Posted - 15 Apr 2003 : 16:09:32
quote:
Originally posted by eilinel

I feel also good with fresh blood... of a cow only. A big bit of bloody meat with mustard !

Now look what you have gone and done. I can't hang around here now with people going around mentioning the B word!!

Looks like I'll have to get back off to my castle and rummage up a few virginal villagers for my supper!!

DOH!!

Strahd Von Zarovich
eilinel Posted - 15 Apr 2003 : 13:13:20
ye, sure. It has a protective function... but if u never put ur cloak out -and so loose ur protective aura - u willnever meet really anybody, even if i guess that Strahd don't have to meet anyone...hmm
I feel also good with fresh blood... of a cow only. A big bit of bloody meat with mustard !

Sorry, i need to cook something...
MidNight Posted - 19 Mar 2003 : 14:57:58
quote:
Originally posted by RadIts damn cold outside, you should go out without a good warm woolen cloak wrapped around you

That was what I was going to say, Rad, indeed.
But I would like to add that it might also be that it has got to do with the fact that everyone is new to the inn. I don't know, it's just a thesis naturally, but maybe the cloak appears populair because of it's protecting functions. Besides the cold, of course
Strahd Von Zarovich Posted - 18 Mar 2003 : 20:47:32
Its the taste of the good company I am interested in.

It makes a refreshing change to visit here than being stuck in my lonely cold castle all the time chasing women that look in many ways familiar to someone I once knew.

In fact Kitira why don't you come over some time and stay in one of the guest rooms. They are furnished with a lovely four poster dead.......er....I mean bed!

I get my cloak!

Kitira Gildragon Posted - 10 Mar 2003 : 17:22:37
My thanks, Mumadar. *bows* I missed you all too- I think (j/k). Did you really think I was going to miss a party with you around? I'm looking for proof that 'old men can still party', besides, I have to be there to make sure you don't get drunk. I believe Winthrop has some nice bales of hay for you to sleep on if ye be gettin rowdy.

Oh, Strahd, do come visit the inn. There'll be no blood sucking, but if you've a... taste for good company I suggest you visit us there instead of retreating back to Ravenloft.
zemd Posted - 09 Mar 2003 : 13:30:16
quote:
Originally posted by Strahd Von Zarovich

Well my friends if it is fashion we are talking about then there is no one person here better to address that issue.

My word I notice a beatiful neck....er I mean necklace over there, it is slightly obscured by her blood.......er I mean hood. I guess it is best to keep it out of my bite......er I mean my sight.

I will get my cloak!

Strahd Von Zarovich

Well done stradh!!!
Strahd Von Zarovich Posted - 07 Mar 2003 : 17:59:02
Sorry about that.....I must have bit my tongue and got a taste for blood and lost all control of my senses.

I guess I will be heading back through the mists to Ravenloft where I can find a nice moisten bint for a snack!

Strahd Von Zarovich
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 07 Mar 2003 : 15:41:00
ROTFLOL... glad to see you back Kitira, and I've seen you've found your way to the inn as well.

I'm sure Winthrop will hang up a sign one of these days: Here be Dragons!
Kitira Gildragon Posted - 07 Mar 2003 : 14:38:18
Ware, Strahd Von Zarovich! I carry silver at all times. *unsheaths blade a bit*

And Rad, you seem... jealous perhaps? Don't worry, the wyrm doesn't have all of the women- depending on which wyrm you mean.
Lord Rad Posted - 07 Mar 2003 : 08:13:52
quote:
Originally posted by Strahd Von Zarovich
Well my friends if it is fashion we are talking about then there is no one person here better to address that issue.

My word I notice a beatiful neck....er I mean necklace over there, it is slightly obscured by her blood.......er I mean hood. I guess it is best to keep it out of my bite......er I mean my sight.

I will get my cloak!

::applauds::
Nicely done Strahd Better keep you fangs to yourself though, a certain wyrm stomps around these parts trying to keep all the ladies to himself
Strahd Von Zarovich Posted - 07 Mar 2003 : 00:11:09

I will get my cloak!

Strahd Von Zarovich
Lord Rad Posted - 06 Mar 2003 : 22:53:27
quote:
Originally posted by zemd
I was reading posts at the inn (yes i'm only reading, i just spend to much time in the regular forums, i don't want to spend much more!!!)
And i noticed that a lot of patrons are cloaked.

Its damn cold outside, you should go out without a good warm woolen cloak wrapped around you
Bookwyrm Posted - 06 Mar 2003 : 22:02:07
No, not fashion . . . take one look at my usual clothes and you'll see I could care less about fashion. However, I do have a Faire cloak with this great hood . . . wear some boots and gloves (all black) and such and you get a neat sorcerer look -- especially if you add in a staff of mine. I used that for a Halloween costume last year (no party, just answering the door) and it worked pretty well. I'm looking forward to going to the Faire this year . . . .
branmakmuffin Posted - 06 Mar 2003 : 21:45:02
We call that "Striderized" in my gaming circle.
zemd Posted - 06 Mar 2003 : 21:42:25
Fashion, fashion, ...
Bookwyrm Posted - 06 Mar 2003 : 21:35:57
Oh, that one's easy. You can't see in most nightclubs, what with all those stupid strobing lights . . . . Besides, cloaks look cool.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000