Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Idle banter!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alaundo Posted - 21 Jan 2004 : 21:52:40
Well met

Idle banter indeed Of late there has been, in my humble opinion, a little too much meaningless and irrelevent banter within the library, (as well as "me too" responses as some call them).

This is very distracting to other scribes who are here to learn more of the Realms and share their collected Realmslore and knowledge with others.

I therefore urge you to contribute wisely and constructively herein.

Ill say no more

...... after all, 'actions speak louder than words'
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lina Posted - 26 Jan 2004 : 05:26:33
I sometimes admit to going a little off the topic and blabber a bit, but the temptation is too much to reject.

Well if I do it in future a GENTLE reminder is welcome but take heed, don't take this as an invitation to ruffle my feathers as if you over do it I might have to take some drastic measures.

I do agree however that iddle banter should be kept out.
Zacas Posted - 25 Jan 2004 : 22:29:35
::blinks:: Get back to work? What are you talking about?
::He glances at the brooms and mops lying about:: Hmm... NOW look who's off topic
Alaundo Posted - 25 Jan 2004 : 18:41:55
Well met

Indeed private scrolls do get issued......all too often! However, it does not hurt to send a general reminder to all herein to get back to the discussions of Realmslore... no matter how slightly off-topic some scribes may be, it gives a quick reminder to pick up that quill or tome and get back to the task at hand

Now get back to work!!!
SiriusBlack Posted - 25 Jan 2004 : 16:22:51
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

At the very least, a private scroll (such as through ethereal mail) would be better than an embarrasing public scroll -- not only is the scribe in question not humiliated, (s)he can't be confused as to who is being referred to. If that doesn't work, though, I'm all in favor of Yasraena's suggestion.

I agree. With a private scroll, there can be a clear line of communication that hopefully does not injure their pride like a public scroll would.

I can understand if a more proactive stance is needed if even after a private scroll, the problem persists with someone. Granted, everyone goes OT at some point/time, but even I noticed the last month or so, it happening more and more within the forum.

That being said, thanks again to everyone who contribues to this friendly place.
Bookwyrm Posted - 25 Jan 2004 : 07:13:12
At the very least, a private scroll (such as through ethereal mail) would be better than an embarrasing public scroll -- not only is the scribe in question not humiliated, (s)he can't be confused as to who is being referred to. If that doesn't work, though, I'm all in favor of Yasraena's suggestion.
Yasraena Posted - 25 Jan 2004 : 05:23:59
Ummmmmm, hasn't this been brought up before?
Apparently no matter what is said, or how many times it is said, there will be people who continue to ramble on.

I hate to say it Alaundo, but maybe you and the other admins should think about taking a more proactive stance concerning this little problem. You do have the power to edit/delete any post on here, correct? Maybe you should start doing just that.

IMHO, this problem was MUCH worse in the past than it is now. But I think the scribes in question have seen the error of their ways and have kept these type of posts to a minimum (much to my delight).
For those that don't, the afore mentioned proactive stance might be in order.
Trafaldi Posted - 24 Jan 2004 : 16:55:59
The problem is people are getting TO off topic. Going completely the other way in a designated scroll.
Shadowlord Posted - 22 Jan 2004 : 03:56:17
Everyone gets a bit off-topic now and then, but I don't think we should treat it like a crime or anything..... just use subtle reminders (like sword points ).
Zacas Posted - 22 Jan 2004 : 03:47:18
but you have to admit... sometimes it's hard NOT to just chatter away... some people just can't help it... hence why i don't post a whole lot :P
Bookwyrm Posted - 22 Jan 2004 : 03:34:29
Such rules are what drove my brother, the Dragon of Justice, out of these calls. But then, he's perhaps too impatient, especially for a dragon.
The Sage Posted - 22 Jan 2004 : 01:39:56
I'm glad you've brought this up Alaundo. I know I have drawn attention to it several times before, but a general notice posted here like this, should prevent it from occuring more often .

I was becoming a little frustrated with the amount of 'idle chatter' that would sometimes 'clog' interesting and informative scrolls...even more so, when such discussion could be better served by starting a new scroll.

Oh well...as always, it is the Realmslore that is of prime importance here...
RogueAssassin Posted - 21 Jan 2004 : 22:47:31
me to man...

Props to my man Alaundo for keeping the Library running...your doing a great job!

-Rogue

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000