Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 The Sage of Perth casts 'Alter Self'...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Sage Posted - 02 Jan 2004 : 01:39:05
...well, sort of.

I ask for the assistance of the great and wise Alaundo, in helping the Sage of Perth alter that which represents us all individually...

::In other words Alaundo, I wish to alter my user-name from 'Sage of Perth'...to simply 'The Sage'.::

I appreciate any effort you can evoke in making this change a certain reality...

23   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 09 Jan 2004 : 07:08:42
No offense taken, I was simply curious...
Shadowlord Posted - 09 Jan 2004 : 06:46:09
Oh, dont take it offensively.... I just never really liked them.....you may be an unusual exception though, for all the help you've given me lately....
The Sage Posted - 09 Jan 2004 : 06:43:58
Oh, I see then. Thanks....
Shadowlord Posted - 09 Jan 2004 : 06:31:34
I just dont like gnomes, ok? The total image just creeps me out....
The Sage Posted - 09 Jan 2004 : 06:21:50
And the problem with that image being...What?.

Shadowlord Posted - 09 Jan 2004 : 05:16:13
oh, sage, i have nothing against you as a person, its just that when i hear the word gnomes, well, it reminds me of the litte lawn gnomes that have those beards, fat stomach's, and huge noses!
The Sage Posted - 09 Jan 2004 : 04:40:57
And is there any particular reason for that Shadowlord?...
Shadowlord Posted - 08 Jan 2004 : 21:14:45
Hmmm, forgive me for saying so but i don't harbor much love for gnomes.....
The Sage Posted - 07 Jan 2004 : 13:20:58
Actually Elrond, I was just thinking that only a gnome would use an unnecessarily long name like SFKATSOP to describe himself, so it seems about right...
Elrond Half Elven Posted - 06 Jan 2004 : 21:13:25
Nope Sirius its actually SFKATSOP, hmm sound dwarvish, lol j/k!
Sage i like your new name, and you eh oversized hooter aussi!
Hanx
Elrond
SiriusBlack Posted - 06 Jan 2004 : 14:20:17
Is there any truth that The Sage prefers to be addressed as the Scribe formerly known as the Sage of Perth?

I think I heard it on ENWorld, so there must be some truth to it.

If so, I wonder if he's going to a neat symbol design next instead of any name at all.
The Sage Posted - 06 Jan 2004 : 11:07:29
Well, I've been very surprised by all of the reactions posted so far, to what I thought was just a minor tweaking....

I'm curious Yasraena, if not a gnome, what then, did you picture me as?...
Yasraena Posted - 04 Jan 2004 : 10:15:39
Yasraena takes a long look at The Sage's new appearance and laughs a little under her breath.

"I'm sorry Sage, but I told you those polymorph type spells could be a little tricky sometimes."

Man, I'm gonna have to totally change my mental picture of you now. A gnome is the last thing I'd picture you as. But that did have to do with your last avatar (which I liked better BTW).
MuadDib Posted - 04 Jan 2004 : 06:02:33
I like it Sage

Cudos on the new look
The Cardinal Posted - 04 Jan 2004 : 05:41:43
Actually I think the New Avatar suits you. As for being a gnome. I never knew.... I guess it also makes sense though.. just never thought about it. AS much as other might say about it... The new look just makes sense. It's so logical.... just like the sage of... errr The Sage...
Huzzah!

Praise Lolth... Brought to you by the Praise Lolth foundation...
The Sage Posted - 03 Jan 2004 : 14:48:46
Well, for the most part, I have normally chosen this portrait to represent any male gnome PCs I play in NWN. Also, as I have said elsewhere, the Sage of Perth...Rastromo Meradoc is actually a gnome, or at least, has been a gnome for the last 107 years.

I mainly wanted an avatar that was very rarely used, and easily recognised...making it easier for my fellow scribes to associate this avatar with the 'NEW' Sage of Perth.

As for the avatar's overall 'ugliness'...well, I don't know much about that, but I think it does provide an element of seriousness that one would think should be a requirement for a Master of Realmslore...

Bookwyrm Posted - 03 Jan 2004 : 05:23:24
Gyaaaaah! My eyes! No dragon should ever witness that!

Well, at least you didn't pick that character's name. "Boddynock Ginkle." Now there's a name to inspire fear. I'd sure run from someone like that.

Might I ask the Sage why he chose an avatar so . . . ugly?

(And yes, I know what the original version of mine looks like. Fortunately, this avatar got squashed, and it doesn't even look like it.)
Lord Rad Posted - 02 Jan 2004 : 14:26:11
hehehehe LOL Fibura

I must say Sage, with a hairstyle like that, I think you were better off leaving your hood up
Fibura Gauntlet Posted - 02 Jan 2004 : 13:41:10
*rushes in* Ah Alaundo, there you are, thank Tymora I've found you! Someone has kidnapped the Sage...of...Perth...ummmm

*backs away very slowly and quietly*
The Sage Posted - 02 Jan 2004 : 08:14:02
Thank you Alaundo, I appreciate that...

Alaundo Posted - 02 Jan 2004 : 08:10:09
Well met

'Tis done.

::hands The Sage a new desk name plate::
The Sage Posted - 02 Jan 2004 : 07:43:59
Indeed...

That beard was getting itchy, and it made eating soup a very messy, and very unpleasant affair...
The Cardinal Posted - 02 Jan 2004 : 03:27:27
A total casting, eh? and I figured it would be hard just getting used to the Sage of Perth's new look... Oh well.. I figured you needed a shave anyways ....

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000