Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 The Sage of Perth casts 'Alter Self'...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2004 :  01:39:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
...well, sort of.

I ask for the assistance of the great and wise Alaundo, in helping the Sage of Perth alter that which represents us all individually...

::In other words Alaundo, I wish to alter my user-name from 'Sage of Perth'...to simply 'The Sage'.::

I appreciate any effort you can evoke in making this change a certain reality...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2004 :  03:27:27  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A total casting, eh? and I figured it would be hard just getting used to the Sage of Perth's new look... Oh well.. I figured you needed a shave anyways ....

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2004 :  07:43:59  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed...

That beard was getting itchy, and it made eating soup a very messy, and very unpleasant affair...

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2004 :  08:10:09  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

'Tis done.

::hands The Sage a new desk name plate::

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2004 :  08:14:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Alaundo, I appreciate that...

Go to Top of Page

Fibura Gauntlet
Seeker

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2004 :  13:41:10  Show Profile  Visit Fibura Gauntlet's Homepage Send Fibura Gauntlet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*rushes in* Ah Alaundo, there you are, thank Tymora I've found you! Someone has kidnapped the Sage...of...Perth...ummmm

*backs away very slowly and quietly*

- Fibura Gauntlet
A scrib(bl)e on the margins of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2004 :  14:26:11  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hehehehe LOL Fibura

I must say Sage, with a hairstyle like that, I think you were better off leaving your hood up

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2004 :  05:23:24  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gyaaaaah! My eyes! No dragon should ever witness that!

Well, at least you didn't pick that character's name. "Boddynock Ginkle." Now there's a name to inspire fear. I'd sure run from someone like that.

Might I ask the Sage why he chose an avatar so . . . ugly?

(And yes, I know what the original version of mine looks like. Fortunately, this avatar got squashed, and it doesn't even look like it.)

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2004 :  14:48:46  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, for the most part, I have normally chosen this portrait to represent any male gnome PCs I play in NWN. Also, as I have said elsewhere, the Sage of Perth...Rastromo Meradoc is actually a gnome, or at least, has been a gnome for the last 107 years.

I mainly wanted an avatar that was very rarely used, and easily recognised...making it easier for my fellow scribes to associate this avatar with the 'NEW' Sage of Perth.

As for the avatar's overall 'ugliness'...well, I don't know much about that, but I think it does provide an element of seriousness that one would think should be a requirement for a Master of Realmslore...

Edited by - The Sage on 03 Jan 2004 14:50:24
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2004 :  05:41:43  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually I think the New Avatar suits you. As for being a gnome. I never knew.... I guess it also makes sense though.. just never thought about it. AS much as other might say about it... The new look just makes sense. It's so logical.... just like the sage of... errr The Sage...
Huzzah!

Praise Lolth... Brought to you by the Praise Lolth foundation...

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2004 :  06:02:33  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like it Sage

Cudos on the new look

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2004 :  10:15:39  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yasraena takes a long look at The Sage's new appearance and laughs a little under her breath.

"I'm sorry Sage, but I told you those polymorph type spells could be a little tricky sometimes."

Man, I'm gonna have to totally change my mental picture of you now. A gnome is the last thing I'd picture you as. But that did have to do with your last avatar (which I liked better BTW).

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2004 :  11:07:29  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I've been very surprised by all of the reactions posted so far, to what I thought was just a minor tweaking....

I'm curious Yasraena, if not a gnome, what then, did you picture me as?...

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2004 :  14:20:17  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there any truth that The Sage prefers to be addressed as the Scribe formerly known as the Sage of Perth?

I think I heard it on ENWorld, so there must be some truth to it.

If so, I wonder if he's going to a neat symbol design next instead of any name at all.
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2004 :  21:13:25  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope Sirius its actually SFKATSOP, hmm sound dwarvish, lol j/k!
Sage i like your new name, and you eh oversized hooter aussi!
Hanx
Elrond

Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-
While i nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
-The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2004 :  13:20:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually Elrond, I was just thinking that only a gnome would use an unnecessarily long name like SFKATSOP to describe himself, so it seems about right...

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2004 :  21:14:45  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, forgive me for saying so but i don't harbor much love for gnomes.....

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2004 :  04:40:57  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And is there any particular reason for that Shadowlord?...

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2004 :  05:16:13  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh, sage, i have nothing against you as a person, its just that when i hear the word gnomes, well, it reminds me of the litte lawn gnomes that have those beards, fat stomach's, and huge noses!

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2004 :  06:21:50  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And the problem with that image being...What?.

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2004 :  06:31:34  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just dont like gnomes, ok? The total image just creeps me out....

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2004 :  06:43:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I see then. Thanks....

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2004 :  06:46:09  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, dont take it offensively.... I just never really liked them.....you may be an unusual exception though, for all the help you've given me lately....

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2004 :  07:08:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No offense taken, I was simply curious...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000