Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Candlekeep Site Downtime (20 Nov 2003-21 Nov 2003)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Candlekeep Webmaster Posted - 21 Nov 2003 : 18:10:51
Hi all

As some of you are aware, Candlekeep has been down since 17:45GMT on 20 November until 18:00 today. Visitors were given a 403 Forbidden error when accessing the site.

After a lot of head-scratching and reconfiguring, a fault was located on the domain name database at a third-party location. This database directs the domain name you enter in your browser to the web server on which Candlekeep is located, for some reason the IP address had not been updated correctly.

However, this has now been resolved manually. We are currently awaiting feedback to ensure that this will be prevented in the future.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alaundo Posted - 23 Nov 2003 : 10:23:39
Well met

Indeed, the gremlins were booted out firmly. Blasted creatures, meddling with the locks and hinges, and getting up to all manner of mischief I cant abide the wretches!
Arivia Posted - 22 Nov 2003 : 20:21:24
I was quite concerned, but had no way to contact any of the staff. I just had to wait, and hope the keep would pull through...
I'm quite grateful for the restoring of Candlekeep's portals.
The Cardinal Posted - 22 Nov 2003 : 18:19:00
Well it is good that the keep is starting to get back to normal. I myself, was thrown into a state of panic, and voiced my confusion to Alaundo (for fear that my own comp was going nuts). Thankfully the gremlins that had locked the doors to the keep, (as Alaundo put it ) is now clear. I raise my glass to those who fought for the rescue of Candlekeep. Perhaps one of that bards here should compose an epic in their honor?
The Sage Posted - 22 Nov 2003 : 09:33:49
I had a funny feeling it was something like that. I've experienced similar problems with my own site in the past.

Bookwyrm Posted - 22 Nov 2003 : 05:15:04
Believe me, you weren't the only ones with head-scratching. I was trying to figure out how I'd gotten banned; that fear was solved by trying at a different IP address, but I found it, ah . . . let's say "annoying" and leave it at that, shall we?

However, once again, the Candlekeep Spellguard has come through, clearing away the binary mess and opening up these hallowed halls again.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000