Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Reasons for Changing Your Avatar

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dennis Posted - 23 Jan 2011 : 11:13:26
I participated in a discussion with a topic somewhat similar to this in a certain forum...One mentioned that he changed his avatar because he suddenly realized that the hair of his original avatar looked like a nest. (That he had not noticed upon first seeing it---something so ultra-obvious, is such a big wonder.)

How about you? What usually makes you want to change your avatar? Or, as the case may be, what makes you want not to change it at all?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dennis Posted - 03 Mar 2011 : 23:06:52

Mayhap. I vaguely remember it's one of the characters in an Asian myth we used to discuss in Asian Mythology back in college. Myths often bore me, so I must have been half-asleep when our prof. was droning about it; thus explaining my hazy memory on it.
Alisttair Posted - 03 Mar 2011 : 12:56:33
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

quote:
Originally posted by Arik

All hail Gargantia!

I don't like how it sounds. It's like the name of a bloated frog with sagging fats for a beard. Maybe I encountered that word [and creature] before.

Is it something related to being gargantuan???
Alisttair Posted - 03 Mar 2011 : 12:54:25
quote:

quote:

All hail Gargantia!

I don't like how it sounds. It's like the name of a bloated frog with sagging fats for a beard. Maybe I encountered that word [and creature] before.

Is it something related to being gargantuan???
Dennis Posted - 03 Mar 2011 : 07:46:31
quote:

All hail Gargantia!

Ayrik Posted - 06 Feb 2011 : 04:10:59
All hail Gargantia!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 06 Feb 2011 : 04:00:23
Ah, but that's just my appearance. We already have (at least in 2E) baseline stats that can be use to extrapolate the stats of the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen.
Ayrik Posted - 06 Feb 2011 : 01:47:08
Nice to identify wooly as a bubbling beeble. I think I'd stat the species out as some sort of planar fey/imp sort of thing, perhaps a hybrid of the same with a gnome (half-beeble? a gneeble?) ... beebles are apparently tiny, about the size of a large melon, though some can be grasped with chopsticks (though these might be unusually large chopsticks). Wooly, it appears, is among the larger full-grown ones of his kind. The name is quite likely derived from Zaphod Beeblebrox.

Will anyone here offer monster or PC stats for beebles?
The Sage Posted - 06 Feb 2011 : 00:04:31
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Well, lookee what my hunting trip hath flushed out ... Bubbling Beebles, a collectable game card ironically manufactured by WotC (and available for less than $1). There are also Bursting Beebles, Bouncing Beebles, and perhaps other varieties. They apparently attend an annual beeble roast (when it isn't canceled) and are considered quite succulent, but they otherwise look very much like nasty little pests and pranksters. Present company excepted, of course.

I'll be dipped... I did a bit of research on my own (mainly, just looking at the links, instead of the pics! ), and found out much more about beebles.

Nice to see that my memory hasn't been too affected by the odd occurrences of SageTime.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Feb 2011 : 22:35:02
quote:

Well, lookee what my hunting trip hath flushed out ... Bubbling Beebles, a collectable game card ironically manufactured by WotC (and available for less than $1). There are also Bursting Beebles, Bouncing Beebles, and perhaps other varieties. They apparently attend an annual beeble roast (when it isn't canceled) and are considered quite succulent, but they otherwise look very much like nasty little pests and pranksters. Present company excepted, of course.

I'll be dipped... I did a bit of research on my own (mainly, just looking at the links, instead of the pics! ), and found out much more about beebles.
Ayrik Posted - 05 Feb 2011 : 22:14:10
Fellfire Posted - 05 Feb 2011 : 21:47:25
Ha Ha! Thanks Sage, Big Al!!
Alisttair Posted - 25 Jan 2011 : 12:02:21
quote:
Speaking of which, is there an image of Larloch when he was still human?

Are you saying he wasn't born a Lich??
The Sage Posted - 25 Jan 2011 : 00:48:19
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Actually, it's a PC image from the "Character Creation" section of the first Neverwinter Nights game.

I thought it was a Romulan

Mayhap I'm the Sage disguised as a Romulan... attempting an impersonation of Picard's Romulan disguise from the old "Unification" episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Dennis Posted - 25 Jan 2011 : 00:38:30
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

My avatar I chose because it is a Netherese Arcanist from the Prestige Class, and Netherese are bad mama jamas.

I'm a long-time Netheril fan. And most probably I'll change mine again to someone Netherese. Speaking of which, is there an image of Larloch when he was still human?
Dennis Posted - 24 Jan 2011 : 23:31:09

It also somehow resembles how I picture the Tsurani Dog Soldiers. Though the uniform should have been flashy.
The Red Walker Posted - 24 Jan 2011 : 16:05:04
quote:

Actually, it's a PC image from the "Character Creation" section of the first Neverwinter Nights game.

I thought it was a Romulan
Dennis Posted - 24 Jan 2011 : 16:00:59
My first guess of his avatar was a koala. I thought it might be a tarsier, but I noticed the eyes aren't as big.
Alisttair Posted - 24 Jan 2011 : 13:57:21
WOW! For some reason, I thought Wooly's avatar was a Pokemon lol. Shows my lack of knowledge regarding Pokemon and Magic: The Gathering.

My avatar I chose because it is a Netherese Arcanist from the Prestige Class, and Netherese are bad mama jamas.
The Sage Posted - 24 Jan 2011 : 04:04:09
Dennis Posted - 24 Jan 2011 : 03:59:26
And yours, Sage, is a Nazi? The stare alone could kill .
The Sage Posted - 24 Jan 2011 : 00:46:13
quote:

quote:

quote:

My main reason for choosing this avatar is simply how goofy it is. My username comes from an obscure reference in a goofy concept, and the avatar is goofy enough to match the username.

Indeed.

What is that creature, btw? Koala? Bear? Anonymous species from an anonymous galaxy?

No idea. The avatar was called "Beebles" -- I don't know if that's because there is more than one beeble (whatever they are!) in the pic, or if the main one is named Beebles, or something else. So... Anonymous species from an anonymous galaxy works for me!

I'm going from memory, but I think the image in Wooly's avatar picture comes from a card in the Magic: The Gathering game. I just can't recall which one at the moment.
Dennis Posted - 23 Jan 2011 : 16:39:59
Just as I suspected.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 23 Jan 2011 : 16:27:34
quote:

quote:

My main reason for choosing this avatar is simply how goofy it is. My username comes from an obscure reference in a goofy concept, and the avatar is goofy enough to match the username.

Indeed.

What is that creature, btw? Koala? Bear? Anonymous species from an anonymous galaxy?

No idea. The avatar was called "Beebles" -- I don't know if that's because there is more than one beeble (whatever they are!) in the pic, or if the main one is named Beebles, or something else. So... Anonymous species from an anonymous galaxy works for me!
Dennis Posted - 23 Jan 2011 : 16:13:56
The reason I changed my avatar is pretty much simple: the first time I saw that Sorcerer Supreme image, I liked it instantly. Also, the my old avatar looks far older than I.
Dennis Posted - 23 Jan 2011 : 16:10:23
quote:

Indeed.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 23 Jan 2011 : 15:49:48
On a more serious note... I've changed my own avatar exactly once. The avatar I have now is the same one I used on the WotC forums, before my mysterious banishment from there. When I got active over here, Big Al was reluctant to let me use the same one, so I went with the avatar of Danilo from the original Elfshadow cover art. Big Al later relented, and now I've got my preferred avatar.

The Sage Posted - 23 Jan 2011 : 15:16:16
quote:

quote:

quote:

Hmmm. I'm not sure how to respond.

You changed your avatar---again.

Sage has used 90% of all the avatars on this site, at least three times each. I've come to the conclusion that Sage doesn't know what he looks like, and keeps changing avatars as some sort of bizarre guessing game.

That's right. When I look in the mirror, all I see is a blur where my face should be.
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

I am still waiting on my Doctor Doom Avatar...

Remember the link I put in that one scroll, Sage?

Sage Time(tm)

I did send that one off to Alaundo, when he was handling new avatars for other scribes. It may be that he just simply hasn't uploaded it yet. I'll check up on that.
The Red Walker Posted - 23 Jan 2011 : 15:01:36
quote:

quote:

quote:

Hmmm. I'm not sure how to respond.

You changed your avatar---again.

Sage has used 90% of all the avatars on this site, at least three times each. I've come to the conclusion that Sage doesn't know what he looks like, and keeps changing avatars as some sort of bizarre guessing game.

Should we be worried? Could he be of the blood of Malaug?
Kentinal Posted - 23 Jan 2011 : 15:00:23
Hmm, I never saw a reason to change mine, *wink*
Brimstone Posted - 23 Jan 2011 : 14:27:09
I am still waiting on my Doctor Doom Avatar...

Remember the link I put in that one scroll, Sage?

Sage Time(tm)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000