Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Double posting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
branmakmuffin Posted - 19 Jul 2003 : 23:37:14
I'm glad someone mentioned it.

Sage of Perth in response to a comment in the "To cannonize or not to Cannonize (Poll)" in Sages of Realmslore about Sage's double posting:
quote:
I haven't seen anyone else use this avatar here in the regular forums yet.

It is irrelevant whether or not anyone else usess your avatar of choice.
quote:
Besides, sometimes I am still thinking about what I posted earlier, and then I decide to add a few extra points. You can hardly criticize me for that.

Yes we can. Why don't you just do what everyone else (more or less) does in situations like that: edit your last post? You know, there are forums where you can't follow up your own post. Perhaps the admins here could implement that feature.

And what's up with this:

Sage of Perth:
quote:
You really shouldn't criticise though, since a number of other scribes here at Candlekeep make use of your avatar as well.

That person doesn't double-post, so what is the point of you comment?

I for one am so tired of the Sage/Bookwyrm two-step. That's one reason I don't spend as much time here or post as much as I used to. Almost every time I come here, the last 5 or 6 posts in almost every forum (today was a blessed relief!) are from you two. It wouldn't be so bad if you were at least on-topic, but you're usually just rambling about your classes or something else totally off-topic.

And then you both have the nerve to criticize others for doing what you yourselves do.

To quote an unnamed Senior Sage from here:
quote:
And by the way, I was initially irritated, scanning the topic since my last visit, that you made three posts in a row. As I metioned elsewhere, it's one of my pet peeves
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bookwyrm Posted - 26 Jul 2003 : 10:09:24
Oops. ::Bookwyrm hides the smoking azelea bush with an illusion.::

Oh, well -- I hear she's in France with Zemd, so maybe I've got time to plant another one for her . . . .
MuadDib Posted - 26 Jul 2003 : 08:17:51
I think the blastings in the courtyard will be a good idea, lets everyone release some tension...

Just take care not to hit the flowers, unless you want Liliana to come after you with her own Staff of the Irritated Moderator
zemd Posted - 25 Jul 2003 : 13:24:21
Bookwyrm... Sage... you should show the example!
The Sage Posted - 25 Jul 2003 : 12:23:09
Alaundo said -
quote:
I SAID........ DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?!
No...I am sorry, could you repeat that... .

Bookwyrm Posted - 25 Jul 2003 : 10:36:25
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Bookwyrm peers closely at Alaundo.

Um . . . no, you're still completely visible. I guess you need that ring of invisibility recharged.
zemd Posted - 25 Jul 2003 : 10:08:58
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

SIR YES SIR!

Bookwyrm Posted - 25 Jul 2003 : 08:18:58
quote:
Originally posted by branmakmuffin

Bookwyrm:
quote:
Oh, give it a rest, Bran. Other people have their own opinions. Personally, I'll abide by Voltaire's advice. And that applies to you as well, as far as I'm concerned.

Abide by my adive: press the silver handle and disappear you self-imporant little turd.

Excuse me. I was talking about Voltaire's famous quote:

"I disagree with everything you say, but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it."

I was not insulting you.

Lucky for us all, I already got into a fight with someone else, so I'm not particularly angry right now. (However, Mournblade, perhaps we can go out onto the Candlekeep grounds and blast a few illusionary targets to smithereens? )
Mournblade Posted - 24 Jul 2003 : 23:56:02
SO...

Can I blast anyone?

Alaundo Posted - 24 Jul 2003 : 20:40:52
Well Met

Ahem, this has indeed got out of hand. Lets not spoil a great relationship, especially between you Senior and Learned scribes We'll just leave this topic as it is. Now back to your REALMSLORE studies, and I dont want to hear another word on this...... do I make myself clear?!?

branmakmuffin Posted - 24 Jul 2003 : 19:10:23
Bookwyrm:
quote:
Oh, give it a rest, Bran. Other people have their own opinions. Personally, I'll abide by Voltaire's advice. And that applies to you as well, as far as I'm concerned.

Abide by my adive: press the silver handle and disappear you self-imporant little turd.

You, too Sage.

I didn't misunderstand your point, MuadDib, you misunderstood mine.
The Sage Posted - 24 Jul 2003 : 15:46:20
I was the one responsible for most of the double-posting. Bookwyrm had little to do with that. Although we were both responsible for the (now mis-termed) two-step. However, there has already been reasonable discussion on a partial reason for that issue.

But I think there has been enough explanation on this topic now, to at last put it to rest. Most, if not all the issues originally brought up by Bran have now been addressed, and I am hoping that we can all get back to what is really important here...namely Realmslore.

AraznBlair Posted - 24 Jul 2003 : 15:30:59
Isn't this getting a little out of hand? For a board that is supposed to be Realms related it seemed to have turned into a grudge match. So what if Bookwyrm and Sage of Perth are Double Posting. Though that thought to me is rediculous considering that the Candlekeep Forum is a Discusion Board and that is exactly what they are doing. Discussing. Granted I get board of the off topics that come up now and again and so I just go to another topic until they get on track.

In regards of editing a post instead of making a new post is valid but if some one has already posted after that post it gets confussing. I've seen posts that were edited at a later time from its original that I lost track of the original subject.

Basically as was said earlier. Lets just be friends and put this to rest. I'm sure there is much more interesting topics concerning the Realms then this.
The Sage Posted - 24 Jul 2003 : 14:55:27
I remember reading about it from a footnote consulting Voltaire's work when I was studying the Australian constitution back in 2000. This was when the move for a Republic was in full swing. Apparently, the drafters of the original constitution (since it was rewritten shortly after Federation in 1901) referenced several points from some of Voltaire's many works, like Discours sur l'homme (Discourse on Man, 1738), and from his collected speeches when he held court in Ferney from 1760. The one reference that I do like is this one - "What does it mean to be free?. It means to reason correctly, to know the rights of man; and when they are well known, they are well defended".

Bookwyrm Posted - 24 Jul 2003 : 13:23:38
Nice? I wouldn't call Voltaire nice. He was the most fatalistic, pessamistic philosopher I ever heard of. However, he was pretty smart, I think. And his one most useful piece of information is the one I was referring to; Sage got it, of course, philosophy guy that he is. I actcually didn't hear it first from philosophy, though; it was in my American Government class. It's one of the prime focuses of American civil liberties and rights.
zemd Posted - 24 Jul 2003 : 13:15:17
That's why i treated that of a bad joke. Like the boxing game at the last year GenCon
MuadDib Posted - 24 Jul 2003 : 10:14:11
Au contraire mon ami

I think a room in which disputes can be settle is far preferable to having it out in the open....

although i guess that is what private messages are for...
zemd Posted - 24 Jul 2003 : 09:11:54
Voltaire... nice FRENCH guy, héhéhéhé

We should open a new room at the inn: Room Where You Can Fight Each Other Without Being Punished

argh i know my humour is ... not humoristic...
MuadDib Posted - 24 Jul 2003 : 05:38:01
Bran: you have completely missed my point...

Post in caps, once, post in caps twice. Post whatever you want, i really couldn't give a flying fudge. That is my point.

You post whoever, whenever, whichever, way you want, and let Sage and Bookwyrm do the same...

Deal? Lets just be friends and put this topic to rest...
The Sage Posted - 24 Jul 2003 : 04:22:11
Well put Bookwyrm .

Considering the great diversity of people from different cultures who visit Candlekeep you would think that some people would better understand the vastness and variety of opinions inherent with the other scribes here.

Oh well...

Bookwyrm Posted - 24 Jul 2003 : 01:38:40
branmakmuffin Posted - 23 Jul 2003 : 19:43:37
MuadDib:

What if I posted in ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME? WHAT IF YOU SAID IT BOTHERED YOU? WHAT IF SOMEONE ELSE SAID IT DIDN'T BOTHER THEM? SHOULD MY RESPONSE TO YOU BE "ALL CAPS? BOO HOO"?
The Sage Posted - 23 Jul 2003 : 07:39:40
That staff has certainly seen some use these past few days...

The Sage rubs at his left shoulder, trying unsuccessfully to soothe the pain of the minor lump that bulges out from underneath his silken robe.

MuadDib Posted - 23 Jul 2003 : 06:13:09
Mourblade, I understand

Blast me if you like, i can insult your family lineage if it will help....

I offer myself as human shield, after all, after waking up a grouchy sleeping dragon, i cant think there is anything worse, so go for it...

Just try to keep it down, we dont want Alaundo and his Staff of the Irritated Moderator to come into play
Mournblade Posted - 23 Jul 2003 : 06:01:31
Oh right....

Sorry

Bookwyrm Posted - 23 Jul 2003 : 05:11:52
ZZZzzz-* Huh?

::grumblegrumble:: Stupid loudmouthed scribes . . . .getting to be so that a dragon can't sleep on his own bed of books . . . .

The Sage Posted - 23 Jul 2003 : 03:39:21
SHHH!!! .

Remember Mournblade, this is a library. Some of the scribes are asleep at the moment.

Mournblade Posted - 22 Jul 2003 : 22:30:57
But....

I STILL WANT TO BLAST SOMEONE!!!
zemd Posted - 22 Jul 2003 : 13:18:10
Yes! I saw on one of your previous post "edited by Sage of Perth..."
I must applaud with my two hands (translation of a french phrase... don't if it really means the same in english) and thank you to listen to the critics...
The Sage Posted - 22 Jul 2003 : 09:59:36
WOW!!!, and that was from a moderator here at Candlekeep. I appreciate the kind words MuadDib, thank you very much.

Now you did make a comment that I actually agreed with to an extent -
quote:
...the fact that you two seem to 'post to each other' is probably because you two are the most frequent posters and you cant reply to an opinion which is not there, so you end up replying to each other - am i right?
I don't know what the Bookwyrm thinks on this, but to me, that is exactly right. In most cases we are both the only two scribes normally in Candlekeep, so it is only natural that we are going to post together, I mean, what are we expected to do...ignore each other .

Anyway, I have made considerable effort since Bran brought this issue to the fore to curb this annoying habit. And MuadDib, we would welcome anything you have to say on any topic discussed here at Candlekeep. Your thoughts and opinions are just as important and valid as the next scribes, at least to me .

MuadDib Posted - 22 Jul 2003 : 09:50:53
The Sage Bookwyrm two-step? My my my, i think we should petition and...erm....go to war....or......YAWN

sorry, lost interest back there. I for one couldn't care less how often the two of them post. I find each and every one of their posts to contain a wealth, an absoulute treasure trove of valuable info, whether it be FR, opinion or Star Trek (for lack of a better example). I think the fact that you both post so much to be great, as it shows a highly active participation on the boards which is awesome and the fact that you two seem to 'post to each other' is probably because you two are the most frequent posters and you cant reply to an opinion which is not there, so you end up replying to each other - am i right? In order to placate people's tempers however, i hereby solemnly swear to stick my head into any converstion between the two of you, regardless of whether i have any knowdledge on the topic at all. Everyone happy? Great!

As for doubel posts - boo hoo. Personally, i dont feel one's ''number'' of posts reflect on them in any way, and if Sage's posts are actually more than they are supposed to be, im not going to lose any sleep over it.

I would say that Sage and Bookwyrm are two of our greatest members who have always been terribly helpful to me and i will therefore defend them to the end. While i do not think their position should exempt them from criticism or put them above improvement i do think their conduct on this board should have earned them more respect than was payed them here. By all means, question authority, just raise your hand first.

You're both alright by me - and i say post any which way you want

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000