Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Post count error?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fibura Gauntlet Posted - 27 Jun 2003 : 11:14:07
I've noticed that my number of posts counter appears to be wrong (I've posted twice previously, this being my third). I suspect that everyone is one short (a dodgy algorithm?), but once you're above five you're not likely to notice Having read what everyone had to say on the subject of "me too" posts I've sat on my hands several times, rather than contribute nothing relevant, so I find it slightly galling to see one of my few efforts go unrecognised

I thought I ought to mention it as it seems innocuous to have a count if it's wrong (although in a "fair" way).

(concludes, feeling like a beggar at the gates)
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Trafaldi Posted - 15 Oct 2003 : 22:39:52
I can understand that.
Bookwyrm Posted - 15 Oct 2003 : 15:51:06
I wasn't objecting.

(Actually, I think it has to do with him being a cop. I think he gets sick of all the rules at work, so he wants to have a nice, chaotic outlet. Or that's part of it, anyway.)
Trafaldi Posted - 14 Oct 2003 : 22:43:08
Thats what I meant.
Lord Rad Posted - 14 Oct 2003 : 20:33:58
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Actually, that's one of the reasons my brother, the Dragon of Justice, left the forum . . . he didn't like the idea of so many rules in what he thought should just be a fun place to hang out and talk about the Realms.

But on the other side of the coin, having rules has great benefits....remember certain rogue scribes that caused havoc here before!?
Bookwyrm Posted - 14 Oct 2003 : 06:04:44
Actually, that's one of the reasons my brother, the Dragon of Justice, left the forum . . . he didn't like the idea of so many rules in what he thought should just be a fun place to hang out and talk about the Realms.
Trafaldi Posted - 14 Oct 2003 : 04:18:54
That is a something i will agree with as well. I personally believe we are a forum with a wonderful reputation. It should not be spoiled with pointless topics in the wroing area.
Bookwyrm Posted - 29 Jun 2003 : 04:55:25
Yes, I agree. The entrance hall is much more calm now, with all the scribes back in the rest of the library.

(Plus, it allows for an "incidental" area to post things that are felt not as worthy of raising the post count. I use it as such, anyway.)
Alaundo Posted - 28 Jun 2003 : 10:30:51
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

By the way, Alaundo -- how long did it take us? I never thought to ask at the time.

'Twas merely just over a day my dear Bookwyrm Still, I believe that its certainly had the effect that I intended.

branmakmuffin Posted - 27 Jun 2003 : 23:14:36
You know, replying to your own post. Some forums disallow it entirely. Mostly sites where people get all jacked up about "rank" and "level" I imagine.
Yasraena Posted - 27 Jun 2003 : 23:08:59
Second post to a double post?
branmakmuffin Posted - 27 Jun 2003 : 23:07:32
branmakmuffin:
quote:
Have I also noticed that the second post of a "double post" doesn't count, or am I dreaming?

I was dreaming. I wonder how hard it is to configure the forum software to ignore "double posts".
Bookwyrm Posted - 27 Jun 2003 : 22:39:24
Actually, it isn't in the FAQ page. It's a recent development; I'm sure that Alaundo and Tethtoril have been quite busy and forgotten to add to it. It was changed in the Welcome section (of which the Inn is a part) because a lot of people were only greeting newcomers because it gave them another point on their post counts. Alaundo changed it, and then sat back and waited to see how long it was until someone noticed it.

By the way, Alaundo -- how long did it take us? I never thought to ask at the time.
Fibura Gauntlet Posted - 27 Jun 2003 : 14:10:27
Oh OK, that seems fairly sensible now you mention it. Thanks Rad

(heads off to double-check the FAQ in case he's made a fool of himself)
Lord Rad Posted - 27 Jun 2003 : 13:31:53
Fibura, post counts do not increase in the Inn or in the Welcome sections of the forum.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000