Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 New post alerts

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 30 Sep 2002 : 11:11:42
Is there a way to receive an e-mailo alert when a reply to one's post has been made? I'm also subscribed to another forum where this feature is enabled and I personally find it very usefull.

Maybe it has been discussed by the forum's founders and chosen not to use the option.

But if it is an open option, how about using it?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 25 Jan 2003 : 09:31:33
No hurry necessary. Just wanted to check if the topic was still active.
Artalis Posted - 25 Jan 2003 : 00:16:41
Remember my skills and the skills of my colleagues are at your disposal, should you decide that you would like a hand....

Geoff
Helpdesk Systems Administrator at a "really big company"
Candlekeep Webmaster Posted - 24 Jan 2003 : 22:03:01
Hi all

I agree that this option would be very useful, enabling email functions will open up several extra features. However due to the server configuration, it is quite complex and the SMTP just will not cooperate

But to answer your question Mumadar, no progress has been made on this. I do have a couple of things to try out though so now youve reminded me of the task ill see what I can do.

...and I thought id be in for a relaxing weekend! ::sigh::
Artalis Posted - 24 Jan 2003 : 18:36:07
I have some experience with email servers, and I have extensive contacts among email administrators. If you like I would be willing to lend a hand in whatever way I can.

I agree with Mumadar that getting an email notification when certain topics are posted to or someone uses the "reply to this post" that function would be great.

Just trying to be helpful,
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 24 Jan 2003 : 18:00:34
<Dusting of some shelves with old scrolls>

Hey, what's this... hmm some old scroll of mine...

quote:
Originally posted by Candlekeep Webmaster

There may be such a feature, ill have it checked out. There are also a few other email-type features such as notifying members when theyre topics have been moved etc. However, we are having problems configuring our SMTP mail server so have disabled all email facilities.

Hopefully we will have it all working soon and get make use of such tools as these to make life simpler.

I wonder if there's any news on this...

<...looks around for Alaundo or Tethoril>
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 30 Sep 2002 : 12:54:58
Thanks for the quick reply Guess in the mean time I'll have to check the site more often
Candlekeep Webmaster Posted - 30 Sep 2002 : 12:48:02
There may be such a feature, ill have it checked out. There are also a few other email-type features such as notifying members when theyre topics have been moved etc. However, we are having problems configuring our SMTP mail server so have disabled all email facilities.

Hopefully we will have it all working soon and get make use of such tools as these to make life simpler.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000