Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Script Timeouts?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wenin Posted - 04 Mar 2007 : 19:56:38
quote:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'
Script timed out

/topic.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

I've been getting a lot of timeout messages from the Forum lately. They are happening at what I would feel to be off peak times, such as 1:30pm CST on Sunday.

I've gotten them at home, work, and at school.
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alaundo Posted - 21 Jul 2007 : 00:16:50
quote:
Originally posted by Victor_ograygor

I don’t want to sound like a irritating little boy, but the problems are back. Maybe its because I post large amount of texts at a time. I dont know.

Well met

Aye, 'tis all thy fault, Victor I've not experienced any problems for quite some time now. Indeed, it may be a problem with your lengthy posts. Let me know if you experience problems elsewhere on the forum.
Victor_ograygor Posted - 20 Jul 2007 : 23:31:28
I don’t want to sound like a irritating little boy, but the problems are back. Maybe its because I post large amount of texts at a time. I dont know.
boddynock Posted - 19 Jul 2007 : 21:07:53
the last few days I haven't any problems wooly
Alaundo Posted - 16 Jul 2007 : 20:14:19
Well met

Aye, server maintenance meant the site was unavailable until recently. I haven't had any timeouts for quite some time now, however, and the forum appears to be quite fast of late. Let's hope it stays that way
Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Jul 2007 : 20:09:56
No script timeouts today -- I couldn't get to the forums or the main site, at all, for 3 hours.

Edit: No script timeouts until this post, ironically.
The Sage Posted - 16 Jul 2007 : 16:08:04
Have you had any recently Boddynock?
boddynock Posted - 16 Jul 2007 : 15:01:25
ok, i had the same problems too :)
Zanan Posted - 12 Jul 2007 : 09:56:05
That's true. I suggest people writing with the "Reply to topic" option also keep another internet window open and refresh this before posting at Candlekeep. That at least makes sure that the internet connection is running smoothly.
The Sage Posted - 12 Jul 2007 : 01:05:19
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:
Originally posted by Zanan

While we are at it ... once you posted something, sometimes you get the timed-out message, but the text has actually been posted. What you do not get is the info on the front page. For example, I posted something in Jaleigh Johnson's thread, "timed-out", the post stands, but the last message shown in the overview of the author's board is that of Wooly Rupert above mine. Thus, unless you look it up, you wouldn't notice that another poster has written something, as the thread seemingly has no new posts.

Well met

Aye, this has been a common problem of late due to the timeout issue. I've found this situation on many occassions. I'm running topic recounts periodically which corrects this problem until the issue is fully resolved. This is certainly an irritation for those using Active Topics to keep an eye on things

Apologies for the inconvenience.

I will note that most ASP script errors received when replying, seem to occur when using the "QUICK REPLY" function. I've heard scribes receive some of these errors when using the standard "REPLY TO TOPIC" function also, though not as frequently. The negative post counts then recorded for scrolls, appears directly related to the errors received when using the "QUICK REPLY" function.
Alaundo Posted - 11 Jul 2007 : 22:33:58
quote:
Originally posted by Zanan

While we are at it ... once you posted something, sometimes you get the timed-out message, but the text has actually been posted. What you do not get is the info on the front page. For example, I posted something in Jaleigh Johnson's thread, "timed-out", the post stands, but the last message shown in the overview of the author's board is that of Wooly Rupert above mine. Thus, unless you look it up, you wouldn't notice that another poster has written something, as the thread seemingly has no new posts.

Well met

Aye, this has been a common problem of late due to the timeout issue. I've found this situation on many occassions. I'm running topic recounts periodically which corrects this problem until the issue is fully resolved. This is certainly an irritation for those using Active Topics to keep an eye on things

Apologies for the inconvenience.
turox Posted - 11 Jul 2007 : 22:06:29
I have ran into that problem as well to get it to update I made an edit in mine and that worked.

EDIT: Like I had to do with this one.
Zanan Posted - 11 Jul 2007 : 21:49:10
The Sage Posted - 28 Jun 2007 : 14:39:48
Aye. All we can say at this point is... we're working on it.
Marquant Volker Posted - 28 Jun 2007 : 13:12:04
I am getting those annoying timeouts too, lately very often. Sometimes the selected action is done but it takes way to much "loading"

PS:hehe i got another timeout while replying this
Faraer Posted - 24 Jun 2007 : 21:33:29
I've been getting these for months.
Alaundo Posted - 04 Mar 2007 : 23:01:54
Well met

Aye, it seems as though there's been a heavy load on the server recently. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Wenin Posted - 04 Mar 2007 : 19:58:15
I timed out posting this thread. =)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000