Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Sword enthusists anywhere?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Genis Posted - 11 Aug 2006 : 07:24:56
this isnt extremly forgotten realms but its late and im bored so hey...you guys....who likes swords...flails...maces...clubs...spears...pikes...halberds...axes...hammers...targes...sheilds...greaves....and bracers?....i love medieval weaponary and im assuming alot of you feel the same so lets here about it...MEDIEVAL MALEE WEAPONS! and or armor and other cool things
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Genis Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 04:09:55
i can imagine you saying "aye and dont ye forget it" in a scottish accent....which furthers your lead in the running to be my hero...."a box o buttons for the govna!"
Aglaranna Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 02:44:16
Delzounblood Posted - 05 Nov 2006 : 13:22:09
Aye and don't ye forget it!!!
Genis Posted - 04 Nov 2006 : 22:52:06
me a hero? nay....the real hero here is Delzounblood and his kilt!!!
Aglaranna Posted - 04 Nov 2006 : 21:46:01
Fun? Really? Yay! You're my hero! Lol...
Genis Posted - 04 Nov 2006 : 21:34:21
haha if i were scottish im sure id wear a kilt to and be damn proud!...and the Sgian Dubh sounds sweet...a knife in your sock when you wear a kilt....im totally jealous!...nothing really...neat?:P.....i cant say i have any historical traditions involving knives...tho i wish i did...and yeah for god sakes not like we're supposed to be having fun here Aglaranna ;)
Aglaranna Posted - 03 Nov 2006 : 23:29:53
*giggles* *masters a straight face* Er, sorry, I try not to giggle too often, I know sometimes it's annoying, but...
Delzounblood Posted - 01 Nov 2006 : 23:29:30
Genis

Scottish National dress

Kilt etc,

the Sgian Dubh is the knife worn in the righthand sock when wearing a kilt it is the Last defence for atrue scotsman.

The name means Black dagger, black meaning hidden.
It was originaly worn hidden in the sock but now is worn with the top inch showing.

For more historical view point please google.

and Yes I am a Scottish and Yes I wear a kilt.

And the answer is "nothing!"

Genis Posted - 01 Nov 2006 : 23:18:22
i usually shop over the internet MRS aglaranna....just random sites i can find off of google and etc....but ive never been overly bothered and i dont see drizzt's swords alot but on quite afew sites ive been on they've had it....but if your REAL interested in buying them just search twinkle and or icingdeath on google and they're bound to show up at some half rate site.....and Sgian dhu's? i cant say im firmilliar with those either...
Delzounblood Posted - 01 Nov 2006 : 23:11:41
OH Sorry everyone but I've been such a dolt....

In listing all my Blades I forgot which is damn stupid of me as I was wearing one at the time and come to that wearing one now.

I have a collection of Sgian Dubh's

3 x Roe Buck handel
2 x Polished wood handel
1 x Leather Wrapped

and my favorite

1 x Fire Blackened Blade with a Black Oak Handel.

I really don't know how I could have forgot these but DOH!
VonRaventheDaring Posted - 01 Nov 2006 : 23:11:32
Yeah i love the riding saber but they never really converted it well to fantasy for my taste.
Aglaranna Posted - 01 Nov 2006 : 23:05:24
So just where is everyone looking when buying swords? Someone here had the bright idea to send me a catalogue, and so I bought something and now they won't leave me alone. But they don't have anything as tempting as Twinkle and Icingdeath. Although if they did, I'd surely be doomed to not eat for weeks because I spent my food budget...
Genis Posted - 01 Nov 2006 : 22:31:08
ive considered purchasing twinkle and icingdeath many times too but i never do...i just think about and get real close but then back out and never end up buying them...
Delzounblood Posted - 01 Nov 2006 : 21:52:12
Von Raven

I know what you mean about scimitars, I have always liked the 2e version of the fencing sabre which is, in the 3.5e in the scimitar group of blades. I have been tempted a few times to buy the Drizzt Scimitar set but I have always balked at the last second and gone for a REAL blade rarther than a fantasy blade (most of the time).
VonRaventheDaring Posted - 01 Nov 2006 : 18:02:33
quote:
Originally posted by GothicDan

I have...

About 12 swords, 3 axes (one super-sharp from Toledo, Spain, which cut the heck out of my finger when I was shining it on Christmas morning), a mace, a replica of Sarumon's staff, about 20 daggers, a shield, a helmet, and a 250 dollar velvet cloak.

*Shifty eyes*

so where do you live exactly again GothicDan? lol just kidding
I would love to have some swords but ..... maybe later
I like the scimitar but personally in game i alway think of Drizzit and decided to take another weapon I love the axe though (probabbly because i am a dwarven fan)
Genis Posted - 30 Oct 2006 : 16:44:41
thanks shadowjack and i'll make sure to check out both
ShadowJack Posted - 30 Oct 2006 : 12:39:17
Genis,

Yes, Museum Replicas has a website. It is www.museumreplicas.com they are a division of Atlanta Cutlery. Fifteen years ago their weapons were top quality and authentic. The prices were not horrible either. Now, I feel that the quality of some of their pieces has slid downhill. Although the pole-axe I just received from them is impeccable. Check them out. An anelace is a sword that length-wise is in between a long dagger and a short sword. It is similar to-and may be a fore-runner of the italian Cinquedea, or "five-finger blade". For fun, you can also check out a company called Del Tin from Italy. Nice stuff, very expensive...
Aglaranna Posted - 29 Oct 2006 : 00:20:14
I have a sword obsession that runs pretty deep in the family; my mum had a collection that got stolen some time ago. I have swords hanging on my walls as often as I can, though. Cheap swords, yes, but they're right up there with trashed books with ruined covers and ripped pages, which I'll take a steady died of(obviously, my job doesn't pay much; I get the smallest share of the loot. *sighs melodramatically* Alas, I make up for it by not attempting to mantain my sanity.) Right now I have a miniature saber, which I named Lion's Gem(yes, I NAME my swords, and they ALL have magical enchantments! Lion's Gem is a pretty sucky weopon, though; it's not even +1...), a 19th century European rapier called Silverthorn(+4), a cutlass named Sparrow(+2), and a dagger that has no purpose whatsoever, it's just pretty. I named it "Dagger With No Name". It has personal relations with the Man With No Name, you see, although I'm not sure the time eras are appropriate...
Genis Posted - 28 Oct 2006 : 17:29:24
ha i plan on buying both those sets of armour...i have always been a fan of the nights templar and who doesnt want Roman Centurion stuff? lol i mean come on it awesome....yeah i alread said what i have but its my thread so i can do it again! i have a katana, wakisashi, and a tanto....2 sets of those, a Washingtop DC greatswrod??? i know thats weird, a claymore"same as yours im sure", a "Sword of the archer" short sword, a crazy scimitar/machete thing, a cutlass, a bunch more lil short swords"some with serated edges some leaf blades...etc" a few long swords, a claymore dagger, some spanish looking dagger, an oriental ceremonial dress sword, the two swingblades from Chronicles of Riddik"there super cool!", yeah i dont have much variation for other kinds of weapons but i am still undoubedly enamored by those as well and in time i hope to aquire a broader range of weapons and expecially armour....peace
Delzounblood Posted - 28 Oct 2006 : 10:25:21
As everyone is listing their Arms chache'

Ihave the folowing:

Kukri or if your being correct Khukuri. Original authentic.
A Spanish Rapier made in Toledo. authentic.
Scottish Bastard Sword. Copy.
Claymore ( Scottish broad sword copy).
Great Sword ( Scottish Braveheart copy).
5 x Bowie knives.
Fantasy War Axe.
3 piece Bamboo Katana Set mounted on stand.
3 piece Samurai set. copy.
The Last Samurai Katana on stand.

That's all for now but I am always looking for a good bargin on ebay for more.

My next piece to buy though is a Full set of Knight Templar Arms & Armour.
Followed by a Roman Centurion Arms & Armour.

Genis Posted - 28 Oct 2006 : 00:15:21
Execellent!!! i am firmilliar with all of those except the anelace?...i have links to many websites that i frequently visit such as cold steel and other such companys....does museum rplicas have a website and would you be kind enough to give me the link? yeah....ive built some wooden shields here and there but i want to find a well made one somewhere....and i agree the quality and authentisity of a lot of the swords you can find is so little....and you cant find anything leather that looks or feels as it should...its all so fake and plasticy...and maybe im picky but a lot of swords dont meet up to my expectation on...quality...they never seem real enough....but one in a while you come by some that are....and im sure you agree when i say battle ready full tang is almost the only way to go
ShadowJack Posted - 27 Oct 2006 : 12:39:34
Hello,

If I may be allowed to weigh in: First let me say that the swords and medieval weapons offered by Museum Replicas used to be great weapons for the money, their quality has slipped a little here recently. Almost all of my swords come from them. I have been collecting for fifteen years now, whenever I could scrape together enough money to buy one. So far I have a medieval short sword (my best sword)a grosse messer, (think two-handed falchion) a falchion, a flanged mace, an anelace (which is really disappointing)a german bastard sword, a sword-hilted dagger, a 1917 cutlass from Cold Steel, (excellent, but their prices have gone through the roof)a Cold Steel assegai spear, riflemans hawk (tomahawk) and a warhammer that Cold Steel makes that is awesome, and very affordable! I also have a Kite Shield that my father and I made many moons ago, very nice really, for a do-it-yourself project. Finally, my latest acquisition is another Museum Replicas piece that has almost restored their reputation in my eyes; a pole axe that they started offering about a year ago. This piece is great! of course I had to wait six months for the back-order...
Anyway, all of this to say that I love medieval weapons! There is nothing like being able to handle and swing a well-made replica sword...
Genis Posted - 09 Oct 2006 : 04:12:50
and about the final fantasy swords i saw a buster sword and sepherothes sword in some store in Minneapolis
Genis Posted - 09 Oct 2006 : 04:11:58
yeah i agree those blades were sweet....it was like a recurved hilt katana kinda thing...but they were sweet....and idk about the d and d eqivalent
MerrikCale Posted - 09 Oct 2006 : 02:28:48
In Lord of the Rings, the elven warriors had swords where the hilts were as long as the blades. Is there a D&D equilavent? That blade had a cool look to it.
Spazz Mattok Posted - 27 Sep 2006 : 17:57:35
Hey I'm new and this side board caught my eye I haven't read all of the other posts but I get the just. Scimitars and Daggers are the best, but Halberds are good to. Ok this is kinda off topic but for those of us that like Final Fantasy VII I found Clouds sword and a bunch of other Final Fantasy charcters swords

Hey I need some help getting my forum started up so if I could get some help with it that would be awesome. To get to the forum you have to go through my website the 1st time it's just easier click the link thing above this post when you get to the web site look around if you want or just click on the forum link. The forums called Legends Guild. Thanks for the help guys and girls
Xysma Posted - 22 Sep 2006 : 15:18:39
Let's see, I've got a greatsword, a longsword, a greataxe, a battleaxe, a flail, a kukri, a club, a crossbow, and a dagger. I've got many more weapons, but those are the ones from the PHB. One of the guys in my group is a welder and he's been making some really cool maces, I'm trying to get him to make one for me.
Alisttair Posted - 21 Sep 2006 : 17:42:19
I'd like to get my hands on Twinkle and Icingdeath though.
Genis Posted - 20 Sep 2006 : 23:35:08
a nice lance would be sweet
Alisttair Posted - 20 Sep 2006 : 13:26:02
A nice Lance would be good too.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000