Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 D&D overkill

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tyranthraxus Posted - 05 Jul 2012 : 14:54:19
A few weeks ago a few friends from university came over to hang out, and out of the blue wanted to play D&D. Naturally, I obliged. Since then I've earned the nickname of Dungeon Master and I get requests from other students and classmates if they can join in. Wow, I never thought D&D was so popular! I suddenly realized I'm in a lot of different D&D groups.

I run a 1E Ruins of Adventure/Pool of Radiance game with my friends from university with about 3-7 player. We play once a week and sometimes more often.

Last year I started a 4E Neverwinter campaign with 3 players. Unfortunately one of the players has to travel a lot so we only play once every 3-4 months.

I play a gnome cleric of Gond in a 3.5 Waterdeep/Undermountain campaign with 4 other players (+ DM). But because I have to travel twice as long then it takes us to play I can only occasionally join in.

And I run a BECMI Moonshae campaign with my original D&D group. Because we all live in different parts of the country we only play once every 6 months or something.

Two years ago I hardly played and now I'm overwhelmed! Am I the only one with so many groups?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
vorpalanvil Posted - 30 Jul 2012 : 09:14:50
Totally true. Lots of players, few DM's. I wish I could get one if my players to run a semi regular pick up game to change pace and give me a break. On the other side I have realized that before I DMed I could never understand how people derived pleasure from it. Now that I've been DMing on a regular basis since 05 or so, I find myself terribly bored as a player.
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 07 Jul 2012 : 20:58:58
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

Just don't forget; every DM needs a break now and then to let his hair down and just be a PC for awhile.
Very true. And one reason why I'm liking the D&D Next playtesting, because I get to be a PC instead of running the show.
Delwa Posted - 05 Jul 2012 : 15:57:35
quote:
Originally posted by Tyranthraxus

A few weeks ago a few friends from university came over to hang out, and out of the blue wanted to play D&D. Naturally, I obliged. Since then I've earned the nickname of Dungeon Master and I get requests from other students and classmates if they can join in. Wow, I never thought D&D was so popular! I suddenly realized I'm in a lot of different D&D groups.

I run a 1E Ruins of Adventure/Pool of Radiance game with my friends from university with about 3-7 player. We play once a week and sometimes more often.

Last year I started a 4E Neverwinter campaign with 3 players. Unfortunately one of the players has to travel a lot so we only play once every 3-4 months.

I play a gnome cleric of Gond in a 3.5 Waterdeep/Undermountain campaign with 4 other players (+ DM). But because I have to travel twice as long then it takes us to play I can only occasionally join in.

And I run a BECMI Moonshae campaign with my original D&D group. Because we all live in different parts of the country we only play once every 6 months or something.

Two years ago I hardly played and now I'm overwhelmed! Am I the only one with so many groups?

Nah. As soon as you're willing to be "it" (the DM) you get swamped. :P
When I started DMing, I did it because a friend wanted to play but didn't have the funding to travel to my weekly gaming group. So, I whipped up an adventure idea I had in my head and agreed to run a game at his house.
Soon after, I was asked to run another game for another friend. (I worked in a Hobby Game store so word travelled fast) before I knew it, I was juggling four different games at once. I solved my overload by merging all four stories into a single plotline. It worked out well, because many of the groups soon either moved or members started having kids and little time for gaming.
But anyway, nah, you're not alone. :) Just don't forget; every DM needs a break now and then to let his hair down and just be a PC for awhile.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000