Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Looking for advice on spying

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cassie5squared Posted - 05 Jun 2012 : 11:18:26
I'm currently in a campaign being DMed by a close friend, and the party's on a mission to halt a rather unpleasant person who trades in slaves, drugs, dragon eggs, powerful artefacts, all that sort of nasty stuff. We're going to try infiltrating his organisation to get him stopped, on request from a song dragon who's been trying to halt his activities for some time.

Sadly, while the characters themselves have some ability for intrigue, the players... not so much. Any advice on infiltrating a Big Bad Organisation would be much appreciated. The location is somewhere in northern Amn.

Info on the party itself: Cailas, a half-elven rogue; Dayn, his best friend, a human bard who's just taken his first level in Harper Agent; Caell, a rather naive descendant of Tethyrian nobility and a swashbuckler; Alhana, an avariel wizard; and Rhespen, a fighter and older Harper. We also have Khenut, a baby song dragon, who we rescued from pirates.

So, yeah, any tips on how you guys've busted big evil businesses would be much appreciated.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kentinal Posted - 05 Jun 2012 : 12:52:27
Well there are many ways. A lot though depends on how good his security is.

The first three ways that occurred to me in making contact with target are
1) Become Purchaser of illegal items.
2) Become a slave
3) Become a supplier of illegal items.

Each of these three if contact is made will provide some information, though becoming a slave holds high risk, ideally the party purchases slave, however person could be sold, killed or otherwise damaged before rescue can be made. he best of course would to become all three, however depending on magic and party public history that might be hard to achieve. Spells like detect magic, alignment could reveal true purposes and of course if the party has been become a local legend of being heroes, infiltration detection could become higher risk. Magic disguise might be detected, by magic detection, and physical detection by search.

A lot depends on how much evil your party might be willing to do as well.

One other way occurs to me that might work, become a friend to target, basically good guy, bad guy ploy. Mug him to steal his money or goods, but have a swashbuckling rescue. Ideally the robbers would be all "killed" and the "hero" of the day becomes friend of the dealer, maybe even get employment as bodyguard.

There is no set best way, it depends on what your part is willing to do and how much target looks to own security.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000