Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Cult of Orcus

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uzzy Posted - 28 Sep 2007 : 00:33:45
Hello!

I'm looking for any information about the Cult of Orcus in Faerún. Who makes it up, numbers, where they are etc. I'm guessing The Throne of Bloodstone and related adventures would have some information. Anything would be a great help, thanks!
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ayunken-vanzan Posted - 29 Sep 2007 : 08:19:45
General information about Orcus can also be found in the 3.5e Manual of the Planes, in the Chapter “Infinitive Layers of the Abyss”, of course, especially about his return.
sleyvas Posted - 28 Sep 2007 : 21:39:26
Grand History of the Realms also notes which rulers of Narfell were direct children of Orcus
Halidan Posted - 28 Sep 2007 : 20:48:46
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

Actually, I haven't looked in a while, but Necromancer Games used to have an essay on Orcus' history through 1E and 2E into the beginnings of 3E on their website. It may still be there.

It's still there. Just follow the bouncing link
TomCosta Posted - 28 Sep 2007 : 20:13:41
Actually, I haven't looked in a while, but Necromancer Games used to have an essay on Orcus' history through 1E and 2E into the beginnings of 3E on their website. It may still be there.
TomCosta Posted - 28 Sep 2007 : 20:12:46
Of course, information on Orcus himself, not specifically his Realms aspect, is wide and varied, starting with the 1E MM and his various appearances in Planescape products (such as Modron March). That said, you should also dig up all the information on Kiaransalee that you can as well as she was responsible for nearling killing Orcus and wiping his name from the multiverse before he returned first as Tenebrous and then once again as Orcus himself. You can also learn a little bit more in the 3.5E Tome of Magic under vestiges.
Zanan Posted - 28 Sep 2007 : 09:49:23
There is nigh to nothing known about them after the demise of the Witch King in Vaasa. Core info on him can be found in The Book of Vile Darkness and the Fiendish Codex I. Unless I am mistaken, even Unapproachable East only names one cleric.
The Sage Posted - 28 Sep 2007 : 02:07:01
There's a few bits in Unapproachable East. As well as both Champions of Ruin and Champions of Valor also.
Kuje Posted - 28 Sep 2007 : 01:40:25
quote:
Originally posted by Uzzy

Hello!

I'm looking for any information about the Cult of Orcus in Faerún. Who makes it up, numbers, where they are etc. I'm guessing The Throne of Bloodstone and related adventures would have some information. Anything would be a great help, thanks!

Aye, the Bloodstone trilogy has most of the info about his followers unless you want to dig into Planescape material and 3/3.5e fiend material, like Hordes of the Abyss, etc.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000