Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Seeking divine answers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Victor_ograygor Posted - 10 Aug 2007 : 10:29:22
Greetings all

I am seeking all the information I can get on these issues:

Pilgrims
What holy site’s do pilgrims travel to?

What I know
- Roseglow Church is such a sight that it draws Lathanderite pilgrims from all over the region
- Voonlar’s temple of Chauntea draws Chauntean pilgrims from all over the region

Holy sites not temples ore shrines
Do anybody know of any holy sites that isn’t a temple ore shrine. A statue, monument ore anything like that

The spiritual leaders of each religion
I am trying to find the Spiritual leader of each religion, religion what do I have to look fore?

- Highest Level
- The chosen
- The head master (priest) of the greatest temple to the religion.

Thanks in advance.

Vic
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Victor_ograygor Posted - 12 Aug 2007 : 00:42:36
Great Amnezjusz

This information is much appreciated, if you have more let me here
Amnezjusz Posted - 11 Aug 2007 : 23:10:14
Holy site for worshipers of Garagos, Sharees and Jergal is located in Godswalk Keep in Barony of Great Oak in Border Kingdoms. In the night called 'Meeting of the Three' avatars of these gods meets there, where Garagos always try to beat J. and S. and always...can't achieve his goal.

Worshipers of Nobanion have their holy site - enormous great granite called Machran Spire - in village of Gurnth (deep in the Gulthmere Forest).

For Uthgardt worshippers holy sites are mounds of their tribe ancestors. For example for Tree Ghost tribe holy site is Grandfather Tree; for Great Worm tribe holy site is in Great Worm Caverns; or for Red Tiger tribe h.s. is in Beorunna's Well.
Victor_ograygor Posted - 11 Aug 2007 : 02:27:52
Great

Thanks where did you find this information
Faraer Posted - 11 Aug 2007 : 02:09:25
Quite the reverse, there's too much to quickly search for.

Here are a few places explicitly named as sites of religious pilgrimage:

Deneir: Master's Library, Earthfast Mountains
Grumbar: the Muaraghal, Halruaa
Mielikki: the Green Door, Essembra, Battledale
Shaundakul: Shaundakul's Throne, Myth Drannor; the Wind-Rider's Way, Calimport, Calimshan
Sune: the Lady Rapturous, Nyth, Easting Reach
Waukeen: Five Silvers/Five Coins, Amn

Thard Harr: Morndin Vertesplendarrorn, Chult

Shevarash: Vault of Unquenched Vengeance, Cormanthor
Victor_ograygor Posted - 11 Aug 2007 : 01:33:01
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

First of all, not all religions have Chosen (IMO, only Mystra has "real" Chosen). Second, just because someone is "Chosen" by a god doesn't mean they are the highest "spiritual leader", or that they'd be the best person to get spirtual advice from. What if they're crazy, or dangerous, or just want to be left alone?

I know that it doesn’t mean that you are the highest "spiritual leader" of a religion just because you are a Chosen, but it could help a little (just a thought)

It seams that there isn’t much stuff to find on these issues: Pilgrims / Holy sites
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 10 Aug 2007 : 23:15:21
First of all, not all religions have Chosen (IMO, only Mystra has "real" Chosen). Second, just because someone is "Chosen" by a god doesn't mean they are the highest "spiritual leader", or that they'd be the best person to get spirtual advice from. What if they're crazy, or dangerous, or just want to be left alone?
Amnezjusz Posted - 10 Aug 2007 : 19:59:34
quote:
A statue, monument ore anything like that

For hobgoblins who venerates Nomog-Geaya holy site is statue located in Gorge of the Fallen Idol in Tethyr.
Victor_ograygor Posted - 10 Aug 2007 : 19:17:43
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

Victor, that's hundreds of pieces of information from scores of books. We can't do all that research for you unless you narrow it down by priesthood or area.
quote:
Originally posted by Victor_ograygor
Do anybody know of any holy sites that isn’t a temple ore shrine. A statue, monument ore anything like that
In the countryside and wilderness, almost all these places are shrines.

Temples and shines done(have them),fore all deities in FR – maybe I missed one ore two in some novels.

But Holy site’s they are hard to find since they are mentioned different FR books / novels and so one.. nothing is imposibel

And about The spiritual leaders in FR I think its a job fore… Ed, I will try to ask him. There should be some fore the lawful religions.
Faraer Posted - 10 Aug 2007 : 18:24:25
Victor, that's hundreds of pieces of information from scores of books. We can't do all that research for you unless you narrow it down by priesthood or area.
quote:
Originally posted by Victor_ograygor
In the countryside and wilderness, almost all these places are shrines.
The Sage Posted - 10 Aug 2007 : 17:27:13
Just from reading about the basic organisational structures of most clergies in the Realms [in Faiths & Avatars for example], we can see that a number of the faithful orders of particular deities aren't as well structured or as integrated as some others. This can make determining an overall spiritual leader difficult, if not impossible. And in some cases, there may even be several specific spiritual leaders, each representing either the major or minor factions among a particular faith.

As for holy sites... it really depends on whether you're looking for anything specific. Most of the deity-related books [there's a couple mentioned in Prayers from the Faithful as I recall] contain tidbits about some holy sites attached to particular deities. There's always a couple mentioned in the occasional regional tome as well. I think both Ed and Steven have talked about a few in their replies here at Candlekeep also.
Kuje Posted - 10 Aug 2007 : 16:48:48
Some of these don't have answers like who the spiritual leader is of each faith since some faiths don't have a spiritual leader. Especially since some temples are spread out so far across the continent, especially for the chaotic faiths. What I mean is that, take Cyric for example, his faiths probably don't have a grand leader and only have leaders of each individual church.

I know there's one for Waukeen and he is in my NPC files near the end of the cleric list from the 1e/2e file.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000