Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Sword of the Dales Adventure Trilogy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aaron Highcolor Posted - 04 Aug 2007 : 17:56:33
I know I posted this on WotC's site, but I thought I might post it here as well.

Has anyone done a conversion of this, or know if there are any of it?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Halidan Posted - 06 Aug 2007 : 15:59:49
quote:
Originally posted by Matthus
You should think about a suitable riddle for the first crypt the players enter. The original version in 2E asks for sorting the opposite schools of magic – something that may be difficult if there are no “old” players .

I did a 3.0 version of this adventure arc about 5-6 years ago. What I did was put a secret room just off the entryway that was a mock-up of Shraevin's study. In the desk, there were bundles of letters that Shraevin exchanged with other wizards of his day. The letters showed that Shraevin was a proponent of the theory (now disproven) that certain schools of magic had opposites. Shraevin strongly believed that these opposite schools were fixed and unchangeable.

The letters didn't include each opposite combination, but did name at least one or two. This allowed my players to narrow down thier options and target their guesses. The result was that my players only had to fight one set of elementals.

Alaundo Posted - 06 Aug 2007 : 13:33:20
Well met

Aye, I recall sending a bunch of adventures down into the crypt and spent a LONG time in this chamber, despite giving numerous clues
Matthus Posted - 06 Aug 2007 : 08:35:28
You should think about a suitable riddle for the first crypt the players enter. The original version in 2E asks for sorting the opposite schools of magic – something that may be difficult if there are no “old” players .

As my group is playing for some years now, we took this as some nostalgic reminiscence, but this is something I remember.
boddynock Posted - 05 Aug 2007 : 07:46:01
I'm planning to make a conversion of this one too but it will take a few years I fear because it will be in my next campaign. I remember I converted a few things about five years ago but I left the papers with my ex-girlfriend so :-)

It isn't difficult to convert because you can find most of the creatures in the MM or MoF books.
Kuje Posted - 04 Aug 2007 : 18:21:10
I can't recall that anyone has updated it, sorry.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000