Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Sword of the Dales Adventure Trilogy
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aaron Highcolor
Acolyte

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2007 :  17:56:33  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Highcolor's Homepage Send Aaron Highcolor a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I know I posted this on WotC's site, but I thought I might post it here as well.

Has anyone done a conversion of this, or know if there are any of it?

Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can.

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2007 :  18:21:10  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't recall that anyone has updated it, sorry.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2007 :  07:46:01  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm planning to make a conversion of this one too but it will take a few years I fear because it will be in my next campaign. I remember I converted a few things about five years ago but I left the papers with my ex-girlfriend so :-)

It isn't difficult to convert because you can find most of the creatures in the MM or MoF books.
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2007 :  08:35:28  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You should think about a suitable riddle for the first crypt the players enter. The original version in 2E asks for sorting the opposite schools of magic – something that may be difficult if there are no “old” players .

As my group is playing for some years now, we took this as some nostalgic reminiscence, but this is something I remember.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2007 :  13:33:20  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Aye, I recall sending a bunch of adventures down into the crypt and spent a LONG time in this chamber, despite giving numerous clues

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Halidan
Senior Scribe

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2007 :  15:59:49  Show Profile  Visit Halidan's Homepage Send Halidan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matthus
You should think about a suitable riddle for the first crypt the players enter. The original version in 2E asks for sorting the opposite schools of magic – something that may be difficult if there are no “old” players .

I did a 3.0 version of this adventure arc about 5-6 years ago. What I did was put a secret room just off the entryway that was a mock-up of Shraevin's study. In the desk, there were bundles of letters that Shraevin exchanged with other wizards of his day. The letters showed that Shraevin was a proponent of the theory (now disproven) that certain schools of magic had opposites. Shraevin strongly believed that these opposite schools were fixed and unchangeable.

The letters didn't include each opposite combination, but did name at least one or two. This allowed my players to narrow down thier options and target their guesses. The result was that my players only had to fight one set of elementals.

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied,
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

Edgar Allen Poe - 1849
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly