Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Planar Transformation Rituals

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uzzy Posted - 10 May 2007 : 18:41:29
Hello again.

I've been looking for information on the various rituals that can turn people into Outsiders. I know about the Nar Fiendbond from Lost Empires of Faerún, and the whole Shade transformation, but I was wondering if there were any rituals mentioned or detailed that could turn people into Good Outsiders, such as Aasimar or Half Celestials?

Thanks.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 31 May 2007 : 12:41:03
quote:
Originally posted by Penknight

I know that Mr. Sean K. Reynolds made a celestial elf (like an aasimar), but didn't I read somewhere that there was another version someone made as well? I think I read about it (or mention of it) here on the Candlekeep boards...

Celadrin were in a recent Dragon article, featuring new Realms-specific planetouched (the others were Azerbloods, D'hin'ni, and warghests). SKR's version of the celadrin was called the eladree. I could readily see allowing either one, though I'm not a DM so I can't make any calls on which one (if either) is "better", rules-wise.
Penknight Posted - 31 May 2007 : 11:09:34
I know that Mr. Sean K. Reynolds made a celestial elf (like an aasimar), but didn't I read somewhere that there was another version someone made as well? I think I read about it (or mention of it) here on the Candlekeep boards...
KnightErrantJR Posted - 13 May 2007 : 05:21:27
Well, there is a precedence in the Realms for a being aquiring the outsider designation when the creature in question starts out as another races (spoilers for The Last Mythal):

Saelithil Dlardrageth managed to aquire the evil outsider template, and Aravin Teshur managed to become a good outsider, although he had to track down Star Elven records to get details on how to do this.
warlockco Posted - 12 May 2007 : 22:23:05
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

So how d'you explain monks? (Or did they change that in 3.5)?

Referring to becoming an Outsider outside of Class Abilities.
Uzzy Posted - 12 May 2007 : 15:06:43
quote:
I don't think it should be possible to achive "outsider" status just by yourself.

Well, you can via the Nar Fiendbond ritual. Or you can become a Shade. I had thought about outsiders being willingly involved too (or unwillingly, in the case of Nar Fiendbond)
Kajehase Posted - 12 May 2007 : 14:05:04
So how d'you explain monks? (Or did they change that in 3.5)?
Iliphar1 Posted - 12 May 2007 : 11:00:58
I don't think it should be possible to achive "outsider" status just by yourself.

If a character became tainted by a fiend (as described by warlockco) or received (part) of a Deva Spark (2nd edition Plane Scape Adventure) it could be possible, but then an outsider must be willingly involved in the process.

Another possibility would be, if Deity's are involved. They can actually do (almost) anything.
Uzzy Posted - 12 May 2007 : 00:53:27
Yeah. Mainly looking for a 'Good' Nar Fiendbond type ritual. There would be plenty of events preceding it.

I'll take a look at Savage Species, thanks.
warlockco Posted - 11 May 2007 : 18:20:26
True, but I think he's looking for a straightup way to add a template, instead of via a PrC.
sleyvas Posted - 11 May 2007 : 16:03:48
There's some prestige classes (acolyte of the skin, for instance) that I believe does this.
warlockco Posted - 10 May 2007 : 19:14:33
Savage Species can help towards that. Its not Realms specific, but does have generic rules on changing race or adding templates.

Also the WotC site and Dragon both have released level progression for several templates.
I would just require some event to happen before a PC or NPC just suddenly starts to acquire one though. Such as a dying from the death throes of a Balor then being brought back to life, I could almost see as grounds for acquiring the Fiendish or Half-Fiend templates perhaps, since your body and soul just got totally engulfed in unholy power.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000