Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Planar Transformation Rituals
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2007 :  18:41:29  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello again.

I've been looking for information on the various rituals that can turn people into Outsiders. I know about the Nar Fiendbond from Lost Empires of Faerún, and the whole Shade transformation, but I was wondering if there were any rituals mentioned or detailed that could turn people into Good Outsiders, such as Aasimar or Half Celestials?

Thanks.

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2007 :  19:14:33  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Savage Species can help towards that. Its not Realms specific, but does have generic rules on changing race or adding templates.

Also the WotC site and Dragon both have released level progression for several templates.
I would just require some event to happen before a PC or NPC just suddenly starts to acquire one though. Such as a dying from the death throes of a Balor then being brought back to life, I could almost see as grounds for acquiring the Fiendish or Half-Fiend templates perhaps, since your body and soul just got totally engulfed in unholy power.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11809 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2007 :  16:03:48  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's some prestige classes (acolyte of the skin, for instance) that I believe does this.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2007 :  18:20:26  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
True, but I think he's looking for a straightup way to add a template, instead of via a PrC.

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2007 :  00:53:27  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah. Mainly looking for a 'Good' Nar Fiendbond type ritual. There would be plenty of events preceding it.

I'll take a look at Savage Species, thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Iliphar1
Learned Scribe

Austria
133 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2007 :  11:00:58  Show Profile  Visit Iliphar1's Homepage Send Iliphar1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think it should be possible to achive "outsider" status just by yourself.

If a character became tainted by a fiend (as described by warlockco) or received (part) of a Deva Spark (2nd edition Plane Scape Adventure) it could be possible, but then an outsider must be willingly involved in the process.

Another possibility would be, if Deity's are involved. They can actually do (almost) anything.

'You see dead bones? ... I see an army!' Ezechiel 37
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2007 :  14:05:04  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So how d'you explain monks? (Or did they change that in 3.5)?

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2007 :  15:06:43  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I don't think it should be possible to achive "outsider" status just by yourself.

Well, you can via the Nar Fiendbond ritual. Or you can become a Shade. I had thought about outsiders being willingly involved too (or unwillingly, in the case of Nar Fiendbond)
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2007 :  22:23:05  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

So how d'you explain monks? (Or did they change that in 3.5)?

Referring to becoming an Outsider outside of Class Abilities.

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2007 :  05:21:27  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, there is a precedence in the Realms for a being aquiring the outsider designation when the creature in question starts out as another races (spoilers for The Last Mythal):

Saelithil Dlardrageth managed to aquire the evil outsider template, and Aravin Teshur managed to become a good outsider, although he had to track down Star Elven records to get details on how to do this.
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2007 :  11:09:34  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know that Mr. Sean K. Reynolds made a celestial elf (like an aasimar), but didn't I read somewhere that there was another version someone made as well? I think I read about it (or mention of it) here on the Candlekeep boards...

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2007 :  12:41:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Penknight

I know that Mr. Sean K. Reynolds made a celestial elf (like an aasimar), but didn't I read somewhere that there was another version someone made as well? I think I read about it (or mention of it) here on the Candlekeep boards...

Celadrin were in a recent Dragon article, featuring new Realms-specific planetouched (the others were Azerbloods, D'hin'ni, and warghests). SKR's version of the celadrin was called the eladree. I could readily see allowing either one, though I'm not a DM so I can't make any calls on which one (if either) is "better", rules-wise.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000