Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Initiate of the Red Knight Feat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dargoth Posted - 07 Jun 2006 : 08:18:03

Initiate of the Red Knight

Prerequistes: Cleric level 5
Benefit: You gain a +10 Divine bonus to Diplomacy and Intimidate checks when giving orders to troops under your command (See POF p30)

In addition, you may add the following spells to your cleric spell list.

3rd Analyze Opponent*
3rd Knight's Move*
5th Easy March**

* Spell from the Red Knight article in Dragon 317
** Spell from the Battleguard of Tempus Article in Dragon 317

Thoughts.... To powerful? Not powerful enough?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gss_000 Posted - 16 Jun 2006 : 07:56:55
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Initiate of the Red Knight

Prerequistes: Cleric level 5
Benefit: You gain a +10 Divine bonus to Diplomacy and Intimidate checks when giving orders to troops under your command (See POF p30)

The spels you included aren't too powerful and seem very appropriate, but I'd be a little leary about giving characters a +10 divine bonus. That seems a bit too high. SInce that staks with everything, that can really make a whopping difference. +5 would seem more reasonable and still effective, while not becoming a huge advantage. Sure it is limited in applications, but it sounds like if your making this feat, it's going to be used often or at least there willbe opportunities for it in your game so you might want to tone it down.
sleyvas Posted - 10 Jun 2006 : 00:47:39
One of the chief differences between Tempus and the Red Knight is that she is a tactical god. Tempus is the battlefield war god, the red knight is all about out preparing the enemy. The spells seem to reflect that (I'm only really familiar with analyze opponent, which is a good one, and I'm imagining easy march is for quicker troop movement... not sure what's knight's move does), but those spells while reflective of the deity aren't necessarily something I would give up a feat for. Perhaps something that would build on some of the common builds of red knight priests.
For instance, one of the chief reasons I see people thinking about the red knight is the planning domain to get extend spell. So perhaps they can extend spells for free or persist spells for 5 levels instead of 6 or delay spells for 2 lvls instead of 3 (assuming they have the relevant feat to do so).
Another idea would be the red knight priest who sets up chain effects. So, perhaps those that have the contingent spell feat be able to create contingent spells for 25% reduction in cost.
Another idea could be a reduction in the cost of metamagic effects such as widen spell, but that seems more a demonstration of power thing than a strategy one.
Of course, these are just ideas off the cuff, but I think they'd help spice up the tactical side of a red knight priest.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
msatran Posted - 09 Jun 2006 : 16:19:59
You might also wish to consider the following:

Change the spell levels on the feat so that Paladins and Rangers who worship this god can cast them all. (Since they threw the nature gods only thing out the window, why not? It makes more sense than Mystra)

Gain a +2 Dodge Bonus to AC whenever you are fighting more than one opponent. Add +1 to hit and damage whenever you are fighting more than one opponent.

or (Shudder) Gain +1 Caster Level whenever you are fighting more than one opponent.

Keep the spells.
warlockco Posted - 08 Jun 2006 : 21:39:02
Looks relatively okay to me, without actually having the spells on hand to look at.
Dargoth Posted - 08 Jun 2006 : 03:24:44
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

I'm not really the right person to analyse feats, but it seems to be on par with some of the other initiate feats to me.

Oh, and Analyze Opponent can be found in the Spell Compendium. Knight's Move is mentioned in two of the spell-lists of that book, but is not given a full description though.

The other option was to make Initate of the Red Knight the the Leadership FEat plus the 3 spells

Spell compendium swiped the spells from Toms Dragon Article
Kajehase Posted - 07 Jun 2006 : 16:20:49
I'm not really the right person to analyse feats, but it seems to be on par with some of the other initiate feats to me.

Oh, and Analyze Opponent can be found in the Spell Compendium. Knight's Move is mentioned in two of the spell-lists of that book, but is not given a full description though.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000