Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Moonshae History

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nyarlathotep Posted - 20 Oct 2004 : 23:00:18
I am working on an ancient vampire's background and I would like to have made her a follower of Bhaal during his first assault upon the Moonshaes...however I cannot find the proper dates of his first attack. Does anyone know the date?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beowulf Posted - 21 Oct 2004 : 16:18:30
quote:
Originally posted by Nyarlathotep

In Darkwalker on Moonshae it is implied that Kazgaroth had walked the Moonshaes in an earlier time...I was wondering if anyone knew the date for the ealier time well before the events of Darkwalker

According to the Moonshae accessory, the Beast first arose during the time of the elves and the dwarves, before the first men came to the isles.

The elves migrated over -9,800 DR. The dwarves arrived next, but I'm not of the date. Then came the "indigenous" folk, but who they were or from where or when they came no one knows. They were joined in the century leading up to the opening of Dale Reckoning by the Illuskans, and then came the Tethyrians in the 5th century century DR.

So, we are talking at least 10,000 years ago, and probably alot furhter back even still ... depending of course, upon the arrival of the dwarves and the first humans.

Sorry, I couldn't be more help.
The Sage Posted - 21 Oct 2004 : 07:10:12
That's what I was thinking. Also, if you and your PC are up to it, I know there's some scribes here who would appreciate seeing this character, since you appear to be exploring some rather unique historical elements for her.

Besides, we can never have too much lore on the Moonshaes...
Nyarlathotep Posted - 21 Oct 2004 : 05:40:03
That old huh...well at least that gives me the freedom to choose from a wide selection of dates. Thanks.
The Sage Posted - 21 Oct 2004 : 04:09:23
quote:
Originally posted by Nyarlathotep

In Darkwalker on Moonshae it is implied that Kazgaroth had walked the Moonshaes in an earlier time...I was wondering if anyone knew the date for the ealier time well before the events of Darkwalker

No specific dates I'm afraid. Although, again, from the Moonshae tome, it states that Kazgaroth's origins and history stretch nearly as far back into the past as the Earthmother herself.

- Historical Sage
Nyarlathotep Posted - 21 Oct 2004 : 04:00:37
Wooly Rupert Posted - 21 Oct 2004 : 03:07:56
Well, pulling from this truly nifty website, we see:

1345 DR (Year of the Saddle)
¸ The Lord of Murder, Bhaal, corrupts one of the Earthmother's Moonwells of the Moonshae Isles. From this Darkwell, Kazgaroth the Beast attempted to destroy the Earthmother and ruin the Moonshaes.
¨ Novel: Darkwalker on Moonshae

1346 DR (Year of the Bloodbird)
¸ Bhaal's avatar, the "Ravager", is banished from Moonshae Islands. Tristan Kendrick becomes high king of Moonshaes. [TSR1085a]
The Sage Posted - 21 Oct 2004 : 02:43:34
Nor the Moonshae 2e supplement (by Douglas Niles) or the 3e FRCS makes mention of any particular specific date for the conflict, however both tomes state that those events occured early in the 1300s DR.

So, Kuje's information about the date taken from the WotC site, is most likely the more appropriate assumption, unless it's been stated elsewhere in another tome.
Kuje Posted - 21 Oct 2004 : 00:47:38
1345 to 1346 according to WOTC.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/fictionlist&tablesort=6

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000