Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Question about Heartwarder PrC

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Morgan Coldsoul Posted - 15 Jul 2016 : 20:22:17
I've combed through everything I can find, including Candlekeep's archives, looking for some errata to address this issue: In Faiths and Pantheons (3E; p197), it states that Sune's Heartwarder gains the following ability at 6th level:

quote:
Voice of a Siren (Su): At 6th level, a heartwarder's voice is so enticing that she weakens the ability of opponents to resist her spells. She gains the Spell Focus (Enchantment) and Spell Penetration feats, but they only apply to spells with a verbal component (and are not altered with the Silent Spell feat).

The only problem with this is that Spell Focus (enchantment) is a prerequisite for accessing the PrC...meaning a Heartwarder would already have that feat long before getting to level 6. So, this is almost certainly an error.

The easiest assumption/fix is that they meant Greater Spell Focus (enchantment), but so far I've been unable to find anything official on the point. That's easy enough to rule on, but I wanted to check and see whether anyone here might know of an official stance or errata regarding the Heartwarder before I hand down a decision to my players. Any help or advice would be appreciated. :)
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Morgan Coldsoul Posted - 03 Aug 2016 : 02:03:49
Oh, indeed!? Which one? :D
Khaelieth Posted - 02 Aug 2016 : 09:59:16
quote:
Originally posted by Morgan Coldsoul

There's...there's a lot packed into that response, isn't there. 9_9

Thanks for trying, though!

However, one of the authors of the book has a wee thread dedicated to him here, maybe ask the author directly? :)
Morgan Coldsoul Posted - 01 Aug 2016 : 20:30:07
There's...there's a lot packed into that response, isn't there. 9_9

Thanks for trying, though!
Khaelieth Posted - 01 Aug 2016 : 10:14:29
I e-mailed them and got this answer:

quote:
It seems that your question refers to an older edition of Dungeons & Dragons Tabletop Roleplaying Game. Unfortunately, that version is no longer supported by our team. All available support for older editions can be found here: http://wizards.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2295/

I apologize that I'm not better able to assist with your clearly articulated questions. On another note, the Dungeon Master is empowered to make decisions and craft the world in which the players exist. If the information available at the link above does not provide you the clarification you're seeking, the DM (including yourself) should feel comfortable making a decision appropriate for the game. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reply back to this email, or give us a call at the contact number below during business hours. We'll be happy to help you out however we can.

So yeah, no dice.
Morgan Coldsoul Posted - 19 Jul 2016 : 22:15:39
Yes, that's my guess, as well. Since I'm having so much trouble finding something, I have to assume that they haven't ever gotten round to it, and at this point they almost certainly never will.
Diffan Posted - 19 Jul 2016 : 03:15:49
As it's a 3.0 product, I'm guessing that it hasn't been errated nor will it likel be by WotC. You're going to probably have to houserule it.
Morgan Coldsoul Posted - 18 Jul 2016 : 21:12:06
Thanks for the responses. :) Still haven't found any official word on the subject, so I'll probably just go the GSF route. If anyone does spot something in the way of errata or similar, though, please do let me know! I'd love to know what WotC decided on this (if they ever caught it).
Diffan Posted - 17 Jul 2016 : 12:35:08
Probably just go with Greater Spell Focus (enchantment) as it's thematic and fit's the narrative of the prestige class.
TBeholder Posted - 16 Jul 2016 : 14:29:06
That would be marked explicitly if d20 was designed sensibly.
Just read all these either in one consistent way (and make sure the players know which), either
A) As non-overlapping "equivalent of...". Or
B) As overlapping, being different ways to achieve the same result.
Brimstone Posted - 16 Jul 2016 : 02:31:13
Never noticed that. Sounds like a good "fix".

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000