Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 I need a generic Shade NPC

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 25 Jun 2013 : 18:25:04
I am looking for a generic shade NPC for my PC's to battle. CR should be above 10. 3ED or 3.5ED only please. Race don't matter. I look forward to any help and any posts. Thank you. CEV.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Arcanamach Posted - 27 Jun 2013 : 08:07:34
I remember reading something like that Wooly and began doing the same thing years ago.

Hawkins, that link gives examples of changing monsters into an NPC with class levels. In the old article Wooly mentions, you change the appearance of a monster while keeping its stats. For instance, making a 'new' monster that looks like, say, an albino gorilla with demonic features that, for all intents and purposes, is a troll (in so far as the stats are concerned).
Hawkins Posted - 26 Jun 2013 : 18:29:12
SKR recently wrote a PF supplement that does that: File Off the Serial Numbers.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 Jun 2013 : 17:44:45
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

Heh, just a joke. In my gaming I've taken plagiarism to all new levels...it's become an art form.

I don't recall what it was in, but I recall reading in a 2E book where it described taking some existing critter's stats, and simply changing the appearance of the critter, to throw off players... Since then, I've been a big fan of the "file off the serial numbers" approach. I see it as a wise use of available resources.
Diffan Posted - 26 Jun 2013 : 16:51:41
You can try here http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14465&SearchTerms=NPC,generator

As im sure to have created a few along the way
The Arcanamach Posted - 26 Jun 2013 : 14:27:52
Heh, just a joke. In my gaming I've taken plagiarism to all new levels...it's become an art form.
lordsknight185 Posted - 26 Jun 2013 : 13:06:33
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

quote:
Slap a new name on him, bump him up or down a level or two, and boom, you have your own generic Shade.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to present "The Lazy DM's Guide to DMing"

I wrote that book btw lol.

If you are custom building every single throwaway npc in your campaign, your DMing wrong. big difference between "Lazy" and "Why am I spending three hours on this?" >.>
The Arcanamach Posted - 26 Jun 2013 : 11:25:18
quote:
Slap a new name on him, bump him up or down a level or two, and boom, you have your own generic Shade.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to present "The Lazy DM's Guide to DMing"

I wrote that book btw lol.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 Jun 2013 : 01:00:50
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

Yeah, I seen that, but didn't want to fight Leevoth himself. Just a generic shade.

Heck, all you really have to do is change his name and how you use him, and you're golden. It's pretty unlikely any of your players would ever know.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 26 Jun 2013 : 00:07:57
Yeah, I seen that, but didn't want to fight Leevoth himself. Just a generic shade.
lordsknight185 Posted - 25 Jun 2013 : 22:16:13
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by lordsknight185

quote:

Race don't matter.

Im confused. If you want a shade npc...wouldnt the race be shade?

A Shade is a Template in 3ED and 3.5ED

Yes I knew that. I apologize, I thought it was a human-only template, but I rechecked FRCS and realized it was any humanoid. I would love to play around with encounter creations, haven't done that in a while. But as-is your request opens up a wide spectrum of options. anything to narrow what your looking for a bit? especially a specific CR?

EDIT: Infact, looking at the shade template in the FRCS, there is a sample shade. Leevoth, shade captain who is a human/shade wiz3/ftr8 (CR13)
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 25 Jun 2013 : 22:01:23
quote:
Originally posted by lordsknight185

quote:

Race don't matter.

A Shade is a Template in 3ED and 3.5ED
lordsknight185 Posted - 25 Jun 2013 : 20:30:36
quote:

Race don't matter.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000