Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Citadel of the Bloody Hand (Waterdeep)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Marco Volo Posted - 09 Jul 2012 : 09:45:02
Well met folks,

I've always found the Citadel of the Bloody Hand fascinating, with all its connections with the sewers of Waterdeep, Piergeiron's Palace, Harpers Bold, and so on...
Ed and THO say this is an old geomorph with a lot of traps. Of course they can't reveal more ; Eric Boyd gently gave us lore in the Waterdeep's 3e book.

But has anyone ever mapped the Citadel ? (except Ed )

Volo (who hasn't understood why any of the TSR's chief never put this dungeon to a sourcebook... )
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Marco Volo Posted - 10 Jul 2012 : 08:04:51
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

I believe the first referene was Ruins of Undermountain, but it's possible there's something in FR1. I think there are references in Steven's City of Splendors boxed set and also a Dragon article (or was that FOR4?) about a Harper lair connected to it. I tried to expand on it some in City of Splendors: Waterdeep. There's also a brief mention of it in Expedition to Undermountain in the chapter I wrote.

--Eric

Absolutely. FR1 et CoS were the first sources. There is also a Dragon article by Steven that is called "I sing a song in the Deepwater Bay", about "Harper's Hold" which is connected to the Citadel, but again, without map. I repeat : connected to Undermountain, and so much things around Castle Ward and Mount Waterdeep : I'd love to have un big article about this dungeon. No matter which game's edition would be chosen, every DM would use his and would adapt the donjon. GIVE US THE MAAAAAP PLEASE !
ericlboyd Posted - 09 Jul 2012 : 18:52:46
quote:
Originally posted by Marco Volo

Well met folks,

I've always found the Citadel of the Bloody Hand fascinating, with all its connections with the sewers of Waterdeep, Piergeiron's Palace, Harpers Bold, and so on...
Ed and THO say this is an old geomorph with a lot of traps. Of course they can't reveal more ; Eric Boyd gently gave us lore in the Waterdeep's 3e book.

But has anyone ever mapped the Citadel ? (except Ed )

Volo (who hasn't understood why any of the TSR's chief never put this dungeon to a sourcebook... )

I believe the first referene was Ruins of Undermountain, but it's possible there's something in FR1. I think there are references in Steven's City of Splendors boxed set and also a Dragon article (or was that FOR4?) about a Harper lair connected to it. I tried to expand on it some in City of Splendors: Waterdeep. There's also a brief mention of it in Expedition to Undermountain in the chapter I wrote.

--Eric
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 09 Jul 2012 : 17:32:00
Ah, I see. Was just curious what sourcebook it might be found in. It does sound interesting.
Marco Volo Posted - 09 Jul 2012 : 16:18:57
No, it's not in the Volo's Guide. It's a dungeon crafted in Mount Waterdeep.
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 09 Jul 2012 : 16:13:07
Is this in Volo's Guide to Waterdeep?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000