Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Tiamat and Domains

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
elglanto Posted - 03 Jun 2011 : 21:13:21
Hello,

This might be a silly question but which domains could a priest of Tiamat have?

There are not the same in the Draconomicon or in the FR book about gods.
So i would like to know if maybe one of this book is 3.0 and the other one 3.5 si it could explain why.

Does someone has an answer for this?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lord Karsus Posted - 25 Jun 2011 : 05:43:10
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

I would probably use the Draconomicon because it came out after Faiths and Pantheons and Table 1-2 on pg 31 includes all of the domains listed in F&P for Tiamat, in addition to new domains. Also, it references dmoains from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (the domains listed in parenthesis are from the FRCG). Also, you should note that some of the domains that are listed in Table 1-2 have been updated in the Player's Guide to Faerūn.

-Agreed. I'd go with the later source, as it would include more Domains. The Domains Tiamat has wouldn't particularly alter anything else about her, and is more a D&D mechanics thing than anything else (for the most part, since there aren't any major, major differences in portfolios and dogma between 'Core' Tiamat and 'Forgotten Realms' Tiamat). With that in mind, more options makes things more interesting.
MrHedgehog Posted - 25 Jun 2011 : 05:33:39
It depends on whatever the DM says is logical in my opinion. If you want to follow the deities having a certain number of specific domains only then i'd go with the Forgotten Realms source because Tiamat is slightly different in different worlds.
elglanto Posted - 23 Jun 2011 : 06:48:30
Thank for your answers.
coach Posted - 12 Jun 2011 : 15:08:22
these domains below are "compiled canon" from every source FR has produced on Tiamat up through 3.5ed

TIAMAT –

Manifestations: The Chromatic Dragon, The Dragon Queen, The Dark Lady, The Nemesis of the Gods, The Undying Queen

(sources : FR Faiths and Pantheons, FR Powers and Pantheons, FR Campaign Setting, FR9 The Bloodstone Lands, FR10 The Old Empires, H4 module The Throne of Bloodstone)

Symbol: Five-headed dragon
Alignment: LE
Allies: none
Foes: Ilmater, Bane
Domains: evil, law, scalykind, tyranny, chromatic dragons, greed, necromancy, protection, animal, combat, divination, healing, time, wards, weather, guardian, charm, summoning
Worshippers: Chromatic dragons, Evil Dragons, Cult of the Dragon, fighters, sorcerers, wizards, thieves, assassins, blackguards, clerics (many clerics multiclass)
Cleric Alignments: LE, LN, NE
Favored weapon: dragon head (heavy pick)
Other weapons: all bludgeoning, longsword
Armor: any
Bonus skill: can speak draconic
Affiliated orders: Serpent Guard, Knights of the Talon, Wyrmkeepers, The Pentagon

Tiamat's sacred things (source : web enhancement Deity Do's and Don'ts from wizards.com)

animals - reptiles, snakes

monsters - evil dragons, abishai, dragonkin

gems - precious gems and metals of all kinds

colors - black, gold

manifestation - thunderbolt from the heavens
Hawkins Posted - 03 Jun 2011 : 23:11:55
I would probably use the Draconomicon because it came out after Faiths and Pantheons and Table 1-2 on pg 31 includes all of the domains listed in F&P for Tiamat, in addition to new domains. Also, it references dmoains from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (the domains listed in parenthesis are from the FRCG). Also, you should note that some of the domains that are listed in Table 1-2 have been updated in the Player's Guide to Faerūn.
Saer Cormaeril Posted - 03 Jun 2011 : 22:05:14
If I were playing in the FR, I would us the FR source. If a Core game, Draconomicon. At my table, I would allow a player their choice of any combination of domains from both sources, offered by Tiamat

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000