Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Unusual half-fiend twins

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AleksanderTheGreat Posted - 19 Apr 2011 : 04:47:33
I'm pondering creating a pair of NPCs which would be half-fiendish twin sisters. The unusual part about them is that one is half-demon and the other half-devil. How did this happen isn't important for this scroll. What IS important are your opinions about such an idea and suggestions on what childhood could those two girls have (assuming that they would not get separated).
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Brimstone Posted - 10 May 2011 : 15:49:07
Just make it a curse or a blessing.
Alisttair Posted - 19 Apr 2011 : 17:03:12
Definately both knowing evil (unless it was a double rape of their mother, one by a devil the other by a demon) but either way, they might both be scarred. Look at the Law vs Chaos axis in the pre-4E alignment systems for an idea on how they might have had sibling rivalries as a result.
chamber101 Posted - 19 Apr 2011 : 16:53:20
They could have been kept secret by some church/sect/order/cult et.al. and maybe they don't even know their own true heritage.
They may have grew up in some isolated monastary far away from 'real life' so they could be conditioned, tutored and prepared for whatever purpose they have. This conditioning also teaches them to use their alter self abilities (or they wear special amulets) that hide their true appearance.
They would have no concept of other people, villages, towns other countries and cultures and are 'fish out of water' and this is where the pcs come in when one or both of the girls escape adn end up in some sort of trouble. Both the cult and opposing forces are after them and even the girls don't know why but now they are out and ahve seen that there is more world out there they want dont want to go back (at this point the pcs dont even know they are half fiends).

I quite like the idea that they are part of some plan by the cult to infiltrate demonic and devil power bases - maybe related to the blood war in some way.
Here is an interesting concept - their mother was part of the plan and gave her life knowing she could not survive the birth to give her cult these daughters. The cults aim is to infiltrate powerful demon and devil power bases on the blood rift in order to somehow end the bloodwar. The twist is that the Cult in question are good and are doing this for the greater good (so they beleive).
sorry, i'm streaming...
Hawkins Posted - 19 Apr 2011 : 16:10:57
There have been RL cases where two different dads. So it is possible.

I think the main issue is the disposition of each twin. I try to maintain that as long as you are half mortal (i.e. dwarf, elf, gnome, halfling, human, et cetera), then while you may be drawn toward certain tendencies (Evil and Law or Chaos) it is really the choices you make that determine your alignment and who you are.
Zireael Posted - 19 Apr 2011 : 07:28:10
Wonderful idea. Just use those Web Enhancements... BTW I've got my own addition to them, yet never got round to translating it.
AleksanderTheGreat Posted - 19 Apr 2011 : 06:44:44
Their mother was an aristocrat. She died during birth (couldn't handle TWO half-fiends). Her family was serving the church for generations as secret agents and spies (officialy) and also as assassins (not officialy). Well... at least something like that, I don't have this thought out yet.
Lord Karsus Posted - 19 Apr 2011 : 06:10:25
-What are the backgrounds of said twins, other than the fact that one is Half-Demon, and the other Half-Devil?
AleksanderTheGreat Posted - 19 Apr 2011 : 05:01:53
Yeah, I know this web enhancements.
Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 19 Apr 2011 : 04:55:26
Well, on rare occasions, a woman (or female humanoid, in this case) could copulate with more than one male and produce twin offspring with genetics from both fathers, so your unimportant detail is sound.

I was curious, though, if you had seen the two web enhancements that were released a few years ago dealing with half-fiends with specific fiend traits (Half-Demons: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630a; Half-Devils: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/eo/20070209a}

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000