Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 All Wizard Online Game Anyone?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dalor Darden Posted - 04 Feb 2011 : 00:05:49
I have seen the value of a slower paced game; especially in my current game with Kuje.

What made this stick out to me was my over-zealous attempt at a game set in Phlan a while back that I messed up...and realized that I needed to follow the "KISS" rule of keeping it simple.

So...bottom line is this:

I'm considering running a Play by Post game in the Forgotten Realms, but the party can only consist of EVIL WIZARDS!

I'm only stuck on where it would be played, and what group the party would belong to.

I'll be starting each character at 5th level, alignment must be evil, and each character will belong to the same organization. This poll is to determine what organization that will be.

Anyone can vote, anyone at all; but if you are ALSO interested in playing in the game, I will only be taking FIVE players total; so send me a Private Message here at Candlekeep if you want to actually play.

THIS WILL NOT BE THE FIRST FIVE PEOPLE TO SAY "I WANT TO PLAY"; but will be the first five people to both vote in the poll AND make out a solid character history for the Wizardly Faction they voted for!

So even if you decided you want to play, and got your character idea to me first...you might not play if the five people who decided to play in the same faction were able to both vote and get me their character idea for the winning faction! If fewer than five people get to me about a particular faction and it still wins the Poll, THOSE folks will be playin in the game...and a higher number from a losing poll will NOT be playing in the game.

Essentially, this game is cut-throat from the beginning! Chaos = good stuff sometimes.

Also, I don't mean just a character name and where he is from; I want details on how he came to be a 5th level wizard, how he joined the organization you are voting for, and what his ambitions are!

To repeat:

1- vote
2- write a history of gaining 5th level (what did he/she do?)
3- tell me when the character joined the organization (recently? or when they were 1st level? When and how did it happen)
4- tell me what the characters motivations and ambitions are
5- PM me with the information from 2, 3, & 4 above telling me you want to play in a cutthroat evil wizard game!

The rules will be 3.x edition (not Pathfinder) and the game will be set circa 1350-1375 DR (haven't decided exact year yet). The last option (Write In) may not include Underdark factions; this game will be on the surface of the Forgotten Realms.

EDIT:
Hammer 9, 1355 DR is the start date.

If it is a Red Wizard game, it will be set in Eltabbar.

If it is a Zhentarim game, it will be set in Zhentil Keep.

If it is a Cult of the Dragon game, it will be in a cell within Sembia (haven't decided which yet).

If it is an Arcane Brotherhood game, it will be in Luskan.

8 FEB EDIT: send characters to dalor_darden@yahoo.com

9 FEB EDIT:
Books: all published 3.x Realms Material and materials that are 3.x published by Wizards of the Coast...no other materials for character creation; though I'm willing to entertain future options from other materials.

Stats: Point Buy...all stats start at 6 and you buy with 42 points to increase them (1 for 1 purchase) to maximum of 18, then adjusted by racial modifiers.

Hit Points will be 75% of your maximum hit points, round fractions up.

Regional Feats from the Realms are a BONUS feat for all characters. In addition, I am allowing the FLAWS system, to a maximum of 2 Flaws for Two more Feats. I also allow up to TWO traits as well.

Starting Funds will be 10,000 Gold for Each. If you have item creation feats you must still pay full price for any items you have in your possession. Every last copper of this should be spent, you will have NO MONEY to start with. I have starting funds for each character set aside...

All characters get a FREE magical Item, branded with their organizations symbol upon it: your choice of either a +2 Dagger or a +2 Staff. These items are also KEYED to any and all Portals that your organization has created...I'll get to that later, as each item will only function for that character as a magical item...

NOBODY will know anyone else at the beginning. Feel free to be from any background origin you choose...

And without further delay, the factions are:
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dalor Darden Posted - 29 Nov 2012 : 01:34:44
Wow...I seriously remember so little of it!

Would you be interested in an online game now? It isn't all wizards...but it is going to be good!

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/swords-of-the-moonsea

EDIT: you could even port your idea into this game! Although, it is only 3rd level and 2nd Edition AD&D.
Hoondatha Posted - 29 Nov 2012 : 01:23:07
It was me, actually, or at least partially. It was you, me, and one other, and I was in five other pbp games at the time. I thought this one sounded really cool, and thought I could handle it, but it ended up being one too many, and I had to drop out. It wasn't very long after we started, which is probably why you don't have any firm memories.

It's a little sad, because within a months or two three of the other games I was in fell apart, and I would have had the mental attention to spare on it.
Dalor Darden Posted - 29 Nov 2012 : 00:03:55
Man...epic fail.

I know this may sound weird; but I honestly don't remember this WHOLE SCROLL!

What in the hell happened? I'm sure it was me...can anyone refresh my memory here???
Kuje Posted - 22 Feb 2011 : 00:20:26
It's ok, wasn't blaming you. Just find it idiotic they have a delete account open and a change email option, both which really don't work correctly. :)

Anyhow, we should be set now.
Dalor Darden Posted - 21 Feb 2011 : 22:20:15
Grrrrrrrrrrr....

Not my account/email, so they can't help me.

Email them at: support@obsidianportal.com

from the email you want reset being key here. That way Micah (most likely the person you will get) can work with you to set everything up right.

Sorry for the bad experience there Kuje...sorta feel like its my fault for the game venue...but I promise it is usually right on!

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Could try that cause none of the options on that site are working. Why they have a change email a delete option is something I don't understand if NEITHER works. :)

Try to have them reset my Kuje@rochester.rr.com email.

quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

I'll contact the site admin and have them contact you if you like?

They are really good about addressing issues.

Kuje Posted - 21 Feb 2011 : 04:14:49
Could try that cause none of the options on that site are working. Why they have a change email a delete option is something I don't understand if NEITHER works. :)

Try to have them reset my Kuje@rochester.rr.com email.

quote:

Dalor Darden Posted - 21 Feb 2011 : 03:48:28

Kuje Posted - 21 Feb 2011 : 02:50:21
Stupid site won't allow me to make a account cause hotmail keeps bouncing and my road runner one is the one I used earlier when I checked out the site for my game, nor will it allow me to change email addies with the change email option. Soooooo, now I tried to delete both accounts and remake them and it's saying my email addies are already in use.

Growl.
Hoondatha Posted - 21 Feb 2011 : 01:17:36
Not a problem. Looking forward to starting.
Dalor Darden Posted - 21 Feb 2011 : 00:50:02
Well, I couldn't get the Obsidian Portal site set up BEFORE the game started because I didn't know which faction I'd be moving with!

Soooo...game will officially start at the LATEST on the 26th of February.

If I'm able, I'll be starting sooner...
Dalor Darden Posted - 20 Feb 2011 : 22:51:24
Ok...figured it out, I think.

All emails used must be capable of accepting automatically generated email from Obsidian Portal.

1- be active
2- have room in the inbox
3- set up to accept Obsidian Portal email notification

That should clear it up
Dalor Darden Posted - 20 Feb 2011 : 22:43:59
Having a SERIOUS posting problem over at Obsidian Portal right now!

Not sure what is going on...will look into it.
Dalor Darden Posted - 20 Feb 2011 : 17:34:15
For future reference, this game will be played at:

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/cult-of-the-dragon-wizards

More to come both here (before finishing up here) and there (where the game will then be run only).
Dalor Darden Posted - 20 Feb 2011 : 04:56:03
Well, the Poll is done.

At first glance it seems that players wanting to play the Zhentarim would have won the poll...but that isn't the case.

Seems the Cult of the Dragon is the winner by character submission!

So...if you submitted to me a cult wizard...

Prepare to Play!

No talking amongst the players please! You know if your character is in and if you are playing...by the fact that if you submitted a Cult of the Dragon Wizard, you will be in the game!

I'll be in touch with you on Sunday (tmr!) with more details.
Hoondatha Posted - 19 Feb 2011 : 22:37:11
Hope not; I'm still putting the polishing touches on my entry.

edit: Well, my entry's in. Let's see what happens.
Kuje Posted - 19 Feb 2011 : 21:19:47
Any update on this? :)
Dalor Darden Posted - 12 Feb 2011 : 20:02:11
Going to let the poll run until next saturday, and then I'll be closing it down and starting the game with the winners!
Dalor Darden Posted - 10 Feb 2011 : 20:30:21
quote:

I think I finished, finally.

However, Dalor can you open open office docs or word docs? I know, I can convert one to the other, etc. So was asking if you could access either. Otherwise, I'll have to make it a txt file.

I'm fine with almost anything...have windows 7 and office.
Kuje Posted - 10 Feb 2011 : 20:10:51
I think I finished, finally.

However, Dalor can you open open office docs or word docs? I know, I can convert one to the other, etc. So was asking if you could access either. Otherwise, I'll have to make it a txt file.
Hoondatha Posted - 10 Feb 2011 : 14:24:20
Wow. Time to start hunting through spellbooks...
Dalor Darden Posted - 10 Feb 2011 : 05:24:45
The spells would be the number listed as those you can cast per day, + those your Intelligence gives per day as bonus, then times two, then plus two.

Yes, that is a lot more than you can cast, but gives more variety based on need.
Kuje Posted - 10 Feb 2011 : 04:56:19
No worries, understand the tired.

And I'm being dense here but bare with me, I haven't played a wizard in awhile. So the Mod + 2 goes to spells known or spells per day?

If I'm making this right using the rules from the PHB, and I pray that I am, my spells per day is already a lot less then my spells known.....

quote:

LOL...soooo tired, sorry.

Spells will be twice what you can cast (including modifiers) +2

Flaws and Traits can be found easily for reference at: http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

The points to be used do NOT include the 4th level stat increase.

Did I miss anything else?

Dalor Darden Posted - 10 Feb 2011 : 04:49:03
quote:

K, so what about the spells question? :)

And uh.... remind me, flaws/traits are where?

Edit: Does that point buy also include the 1 ability increase from 4th level?

LOL...soooo tired, sorry.

Spells will be twice what you can cast (including modifiers) +2

Flaws and Traits can be found easily for reference at: http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

The points to be used do NOT include the 4th level stat increase.

Did I miss anything else?
Kuje Posted - 10 Feb 2011 : 04:07:03
K, so what about the spells question? :)

And uh.... remind me, flaws/traits are where?

Edit: Does that point buy also include the 1 ability increase from 4th level?
Dalor Darden Posted - 10 Feb 2011 : 04:00:50
DOH!

Sorry all...

Books: all published 3.x Realms Material and materials that are 3.x published by Wizards of the Coast...no other materials for character creation; though I'm willing to entertain future options from other materials.

Stats: Point Buy...all stats start at 6 and you buy with 42 points to increase them (1 for 1 purchase) to maximum of 18, then adjusted by racial modifiers.

Hit Points will be 75% of your maximum hit points, round fractions up.

Regional Feats from the Realms are a BONUS feat for all characters. In addition, I am allowing the FLAWS system, to a maximum of 2 Flaws for Two more Feats. I also allow up to TWO traits as well.

Starting Funds will be 10,000 Gold for Each. If you have item creation feats you must still pay full price for any items you have in your possession. Every last copper of this should be spent, you will have NO MONEY to start with. I have starting funds for each character set aside...

All characters get a FREE magical Item, branded with their organizations symbol upon it: your choice of either a +2 Dagger or a +2 Staff. These items are also KEYED to any and all Portals that your organization has created...I'll get to that later, as each item will only function for that character as a magical item...

NOBODY will know anyone else at the beginning. Feel free to be from any background origin you choose...

Any other questions, feel free!

Hoondatha Posted - 10 Feb 2011 : 01:18:34
While I'm asking questions, I'll add another one: how are we handling spells? Obviously as 5th level wizards we have more than a starting character. How many do we have, and can we get more?
Kuje Posted - 09 Feb 2011 : 21:40:10
quote:

quote:

Dalor, did you get my email? :)

Aye, got it indeed...will you be statting that character out?

Did you read my note at the top? :) But also, the same questions that Hoondatha just asked is what I've been wondering.
Hoondatha Posted - 09 Feb 2011 : 21:22:56
Ok, I've got a background written up that I think covers all of your points in the OP. I'll send it to you this evening. Now to "stat him out," as you say. But before I can do that, I need to ask how you're handling that. Dice rolls for stats? Point buy? Any specific rules/house rules we should or shouldn't follow? Regular wealth for the level or something else? Sources not allowed? That sort of thing.
Dalor Darden Posted - 09 Feb 2011 : 19:32:48
quote:

Aye, got it indeed...will you be statting that character out?
Kuje Posted - 09 Feb 2011 : 18:22:24

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000