Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Leadership score calculation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nicolai Withander Posted - 10 May 2010 : 14:26:49
I hope you guys can help me out here. I've been trying to boost my leadership score, and in my studies I stumpled across this ogre warlord Sothillis in "Power of Faerūn", pg 42. He's level 17 and has an effective leadership modifier of 52?!? With the feats and all the modifiers I could think of I could only reach 38... Do you guys have any idea how he is able to reach 52?
21   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alisttair Posted - 11 May 2010 : 15:54:45
It was likely just a random big number tacked on to make him look like a super leader.
The Last Guardian Posted - 11 May 2010 : 15:08:50
I looked up the Warlord Pres. class last from Races of Faerun. The class allow the warlord to take the number of followers for any given leadershp score and multiply it by 150% (lvl 2 abiltiy i think)and then later at 200% (lvl 4) but the restriction is that the followers much all be Orc. Hope that sheds some light.

EDIT: Nevermind, taking another look at the post your wanting to know about leaderships scores, not number of followers. ><
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 11 May 2010 : 13:41:27
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

<snip>
Why WotC changed it to 52 is anyone's guess. The correct number based on the stats, is 38.

-- George Krashos

"It goes to 11."
George Krashos Posted - 11 May 2010 : 13:20:02
Okay, I've checked the draft chapter and can tell you the following:

Eric had him with a base Leadership score of 26, not 25: (19 HD) +6 (Cha) +1 (Leader feat, see HoB, page 96) +2 (great renown) -2 (cruelty) = 26.

His commander rating of 7 was boosted from 5 (natural commander ability) for story reasons.

He concluded by giving Sothillis a Leadership score of 38. On the maths, this is correct when you take into account the Scion of the Horned Mage decoration.

Why WotC changed it to 52 is anyone's guess. The correct number based on the stats, is 38.

-- George Krashos
Alisttair Posted - 11 May 2010 : 12:56:12
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

not sure what you mean by that?

Warlord - I think its a Prestige Class that gives a Leadership bonus...correct me if I am wrong.

Actually thinking about it now, I might be thinking about the Orc Warlord Prestige Class so I am likely totally off base...but it might be a bonus given by the designer for the Ogre Warlord just to make him look more Bossy!
Alisttair Posted - 11 May 2010 : 12:54:48
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

Warlord - I think its a Prestige Class that gives a Leadership bonus...correct me if I am wrong.
HelldoG Posted - 11 May 2010 : 01:35:37
Influence Modifier is added to the effective Leadership Score. Page 154 of PoF.
And the NPC's in PoF don't have the Epic Leadership feat but: "...in a slight variant from the core rules, this book assumes that the character's effective Leadership score is unlimited."
George Krashos Posted - 11 May 2010 : 00:29:35
I'll check my notes when I get home. I think Eric did this chapter and he always provided clear explanations for his draft stats. If WotC editors changed them after the chapter was submitted, I'll let you know.

-- George Krashos
Dalor Darden Posted - 11 May 2010 : 00:05:26
Perhaps all the ogre's followers are within his organization...mayhaps they read that as giving him a modifier for followers?

52 sounds really high regardless.
Farrel Posted - 10 May 2010 : 22:39:12
I didn't think Influence had any effect on a persons Effective Leadership score?

In PoF (p157) it states that it is more to do with social interaction regarding followers within their organisation.
Nicolai Withander Posted - 10 May 2010 : 22:28:00
Influence? What, how, where? And no I did not? Where can I read about that?
HelldoG Posted - 10 May 2010 : 21:49:33
Did you add the +15 Influence modifier?
Nicolai Withander Posted - 10 May 2010 : 18:20:45
Alisttair Posted - 10 May 2010 : 17:14:17
What does Warlord give for Leadership again?
Nicolai Withander Posted - 10 May 2010 : 17:03:27
I think not! Any new ideas!?
Alisttair Posted - 10 May 2010 : 16:41:07
You get a HUGE bonus for worshipping Karsus so he probably worhships Karsus
Farrel Posted - 10 May 2010 : 16:28:49
That is rather puzzling, maybe it's a typo?

The only other thing that I've noticed is that Sothillis does not have the Epic Leadership feat which would allow him to use the advanced table in PoF (p157) instead of just the basic table in the DMG (p106).
Nicolai Withander Posted - 10 May 2010 : 16:15:28
Even that have been taken into acount. I have read and re-read his character and all notes, and when everything have been added op it still only amass to 38. So either there is a rule I cant find or dont know about, or its simple just a DM/dedigner ruling; though I doubt that. What am I missing?
Farrel Posted - 10 May 2010 : 16:12:16
Well met Nicolai

I had a look at Sothillis this afternoon and noticed that he has the Legendary Leader class at level 5.

I'm not personally familiar with prestige class but it mentions in the Leadership, Influence, and Rank breakdown on the page after his stat block that Sothillis has a commander rating of 7. I would assume that this class and ability has something to do with his high effective leadership score. The Legendary Leader comes from Heroes of Battle, a book I do not possess.

That's just my best guess and it might be nice if someone with more knowledge of this Prestige Class could shed more light on the matter.

I hope this has been of some use?

Farrel
Nicolai Withander Posted - 10 May 2010 : 15:35:25
I did apply the bonus from stronghold and great renown, and still only reached 38. I can imagine raising the bonuses from +2 to +4 perhabs, but there is a differnce of 14 between my calculations and the effective leadership mod given in Power of Faerūn. I simply can't see how he can reach 52...
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 10 May 2010 : 15:22:03
Considering that there are modifiers for Great Renown (+2) and Stronghold (+2); it may be that his renown and stronghold are SO good, they have given him a higher modifiers.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000