Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Dungeons near Neverwinter

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bigmac Posted - 27 Apr 2010 : 05:55:59
I was wondering if anyone knew of any Dungeons near Neverwinter. I have looked through the Volo's Guides and several web sites and cant seem to find any. Sorry for the Noob question, but I am some what new to the setting , Thanks in advance...

Bigmac
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BlackAce Posted - 28 Apr 2010 : 17:38:15
Thanks, Sage. I remembered that they were 70 something but couldn't be sure and didn't want to confuse things.
bigmac Posted - 28 Apr 2010 : 04:18:11
Thank You very much....

Bigmac
The Hooded One Posted - 28 Apr 2010 : 02:33:20
Whenever I browse Realms wikis, I discover that lore drawn from Ed's root writings seems to be marked "citation needed" whereas lore added by others, particularly in computer games, is not. It makes me question the accuracy of the lore given, every time - - and I KNOW my Realmslore, after all these years of playing with Ed.
For example, Gauntulgrym/Gauntlgrym is his creation, after all, and is located on Realms maps in his Volo's Guide, yet that's not noted in its current wiki entry, as of right now, at all...
Now, if * I * was seeking dungeons near Neverwinter, I'd ask Ed in his Chamber of Sages thread, and see how many he was willing to reveal...
Hint cough hint . . .
love,
THO
Elfinblade Posted - 28 Apr 2010 : 02:25:57
Sorry to go a bit off-topic here bigmac, but i saw Cleric Generic mention the FR wiki site. Does anyone know how accurate the information on that site is? I must confess browsing that site a lot lately, and there are many things that do not have any citations. Have anyone of you more learned scribes noticed lore that were non-canon, or pure speculation on that particular site?
bigmac Posted - 28 Apr 2010 : 01:35:39
Thank You , Thank You , I appreciate all the info, you are a great help...

Bigmac
The Sage Posted - 28 Apr 2010 : 01:18:49
quote:
Originally posted by BlackAce

The Mere of Dead Men just to the south of Neverwinter is chocked full of ruins and dungeons. There have been several great Dungeon articles on them over the years. But sadly I don't have the edition numbers to hand. I'm sure someone here will have them.

The adventure series of modules to which BlackAce refers, are located in the old printed DUNGEON Magazine -- [#69, 70, 71, 72 and 73]. And, also, a DRAGON article on the Mere, from #258.
BlackAce Posted - 27 Apr 2010 : 18:29:59
The Mere of Dead Men just to the south of Neverwinter is chocked full of ruins and dungeons. There have been several great Dungeon articles on them over the years. But sadly I don't have the edition numbers to hand. I'm sure someone here will have them.
Cleric Generic Posted - 27 Apr 2010 : 17:44:05
*rummages about a bit*

Apart from the brief bit in 3e FRCS and a bit more in 2e Savage Frontier I don't know of anything major. There's also the FR wiki entry ( http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Gauntlgrym ).

Basically what you've got is the classic Moria inspired ancient, monster infested, treasure filled Dwarven mining city that could conceivably contain just about anything.

It also depends how you define as 'near'; if you go north to the Spine of the World or east into the Silver Marches, then the map quickly becomes packed solid with all sorts of dungeony goodness!

EDIT: See also 3e Lost Empires of Faerun
bigmac Posted - 27 Apr 2010 : 12:25:57
thanks for the info... I really appreciate it, Gauntlgrym, that could work, Is there anything on it in game terms, I know i have read about it in several novels, but I dont think I have seen anything RPG wise. Thanks for the help.

Bigmac
Cleric Generic Posted - 27 Apr 2010 : 08:38:49
Depends what you mean by 'near' really.

There's Gauntlgrym on the far end of the Crags (massive Dwarven mega-dungeon), and a few places that I think were introduced by the Neverwinter Nights games. You could easily stock the Crags and Neverwinter wood with anything you like.

I'll try and most something more useful a bit later...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000