Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Good non-dungeon adventure starting at L9-10?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Isambard Posted - 25 Apr 2010 : 17:43:30
Hi all,

with my group getting close to the end of Red Hand of Doom (which I set in its original location at Channathvale), I'm looking for recommendations of good ready-made modules starting at levels 9 or 10 for all (A)D&D versions except 4E. Settingwise, they should be set in or portable to the pre-4E Realms.

I am already running War of the Burning Sky and Northern Journey in other groups. Also, since I ran Axe of the Dwarvish Lords and City of the Spider Queen in quick succession, I've had my fill of dungeoneering and would really prefer scenarios in a wilderness/urban/event etc. setting (an occasional ruin would be OK, of course).

Any hints are appreciated!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alisttair Posted - 25 May 2010 : 17:16:14
Agreed. Myth Drannor is the place to visit (then when you are ready for a dungeon you can find a random teleporter bringing you straight to the mid-levels of Undermountain).
Isambard Posted - 25 May 2010 : 00:39:38
Many thanks for the recommendations! Another option I have been considering (involving more work, though) is to move the old Desert Nomad expert modules to the Realms and to upgrade them appropriately.

My players will be busy with RHoD for another 2-3 sessions (meaning 6-9 months real time ...), so I have some time left to decide.
Hoondatha Posted - 04 May 2010 : 13:27:18
Ruins of Myth Drannor's a really good one. Nothing like the ruins for scaring the pants off of characters of any level.

Four From Cormyr might be another one to look at, though I think it's geared toward slightly lower levels, so you might need to uptick the enemies. But that deals more with Cormyr's culture and wandering around overland, with the occasional small dungeon for spice, so it might suit you better. It also allows your characters to get introduced at court, so that could be fun.
dragonfriend Posted - 04 May 2010 : 12:05:01
Level 10 is good for an exploration of Myth Drannor, try the old green boxed set :)
Math Mannaman Posted - 25 Apr 2010 : 21:14:00
Try 'Into the Dragons Lair'

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000