Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Good non-dungeon adventure starting at L9-10?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Isambard
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2010 :  17:43:30  Show Profile  Visit Isambard's Homepage Send Isambard a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all,

with my group getting close to the end of Red Hand of Doom (which I set in its original location at Channathvale), I'm looking for recommendations of good ready-made modules starting at levels 9 or 10 for all (A)D&D versions except 4E. Settingwise, they should be set in or portable to the pre-4E Realms.

I am already running War of the Burning Sky and Northern Journey in other groups. Also, since I ran Axe of the Dwarvish Lords and City of the Spider Queen in quick succession, I've had my fill of dungeoneering and would really prefer scenarios in a wilderness/urban/event etc. setting (an occasional ruin would be OK, of course).

Any hints are appreciated!

Edited by - Isambard on 25 Apr 2010 17:44:21

Math Mannaman
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2010 :  21:14:00  Show Profile  Visit Math Mannaman's Homepage Send Math Mannaman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Try 'Into the Dragons Lair'
Go to Top of Page

dragonfriend
Seeker

Italy
65 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2010 :  12:05:01  Show Profile  Visit dragonfriend's Homepage Send dragonfriend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Level 10 is good for an exploration of Myth Drannor, try the old green boxed set :)
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2010 :  13:27:18  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ruins of Myth Drannor's a really good one. Nothing like the ruins for scaring the pants off of characters of any level.

Four From Cormyr might be another one to look at, though I think it's geared toward slightly lower levels, so you might need to uptick the enemies. But that deals more with Cormyr's culture and wandering around overland, with the occasional small dungeon for spice, so it might suit you better. It also allows your characters to get introduced at court, so that could be fun.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Isambard
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2010 :  00:39:38  Show Profile  Visit Isambard's Homepage Send Isambard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Many thanks for the recommendations! Another option I have been considering (involving more work, though) is to move the old Desert Nomad expert modules to the Realms and to upgrade them appropriately.

My players will be busy with RHoD for another 2-3 sessions (meaning 6-9 months real time ...), so I have some time left to decide.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2010 :  17:16:14  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Agreed. Myth Drannor is the place to visit (then when you are ready for a dungeon you can find a random teleporter bringing you straight to the mid-levels of Undermountain).

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023

Edited by - Alisttair on 25 May 2010 17:16:43
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000