Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Rotting Man and The Nentyarch

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 15 Apr 2010 : 03:32:59
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows the current happenings of The Rotting Man (Chosen of Talona), and his enemy, the Nentyarch?

I know pre-spellplague, The Rotting Man ousted the Nentyarch from The Rawlinswood and into his hold in The Forest of Lyther. There was a pretty even battle between the Talona Blightlords and The circle of Lyth.

Any information on the post-spellplague struggle? Thanks in advance. ;)
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 27 Apr 2010 : 04:11:42
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

Does anyone know if there are elves in the novel Lady of Poison?? Like, main character elves, that is. I know the woods have Green elves and Copper elves, but just wondering if there are any as main characters.

Thanks again. :)

You know, I just can't remember. Sorry, but it's been a while since I've read the book. I can, at least, recall one or two elven characters... but not whether they were main characters and such.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 27 Apr 2010 : 03:34:46
Does anyone know if there are elves in the novel Lady of Poison?? Like, main character elves, that is. I know the woods have Green elves and Copper elves, but just wondering if there are any as main characters.

Thanks again. :)
Knight of the Gate Posted - 26 Apr 2010 : 21:48:36
I should point out that the above campaign is set in 1369.
Knight of the Gate Posted - 26 Apr 2010 : 21:42:05
Well to summarize... The PCs were awarded title, lands, and a dilapidated keep on the merchants run south of Trails End west of the Rwalinswood (in an area that is contested Damaran/ Impilturan land...the keep is actually a disused Impilturan border fort) with a handful of landed Knights answering to them. Whilst embroiled in politics with the Impilturan envoy the PCs get a report of a horrifying slaughter in one of their hamlets. This brings them smack into the middle of the battle between the RM and the Nentyarch... If you want more specifics, feel free to PM me. I don't want to bore other scribes with details of my own campaign.
Cleric Generic Posted - 26 Apr 2010 : 20:43:19
quote:
Originally posted by Knight of the Gate

My long running high level campaign revolves around the endgame between the Nentyarch and the Rotting Man. Great stuff all around. Its a good setting for making even high-level PCs quake in their boots.

Details, man! Gory details, if you please!
Knight of the Gate Posted - 26 Apr 2010 : 18:20:25
My long running high level campaign revolves around the endgame between the Nentyarch and the Rotting Man. Great stuff all around. Its a good setting for making even high-level PCs quake in their boots.
Brimstone Posted - 26 Apr 2010 : 13:50:58
I have no problem with Cordell.(I enjoyed Stardeep.)
The Sage Posted - 26 Apr 2010 : 12:57:26
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Lady of Poison...thanks Sage.

Was it any good?

Well, I'm a fan of Cordell's fiction. And I also like Talona-related Realmslore, so my opinion might be a little biased.

But I liked it.
Brimstone Posted - 26 Apr 2010 : 10:10:07
Lady of Poison...thanks Sage.

Was it any good?
The Sage Posted - 26 Apr 2010 : 09:46:39
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

I could have sworn it was in a novel. One of the Priest Series.

I could be wrong...

The Rotting Man was a significant part of the plot for Bruce Cordell's Lady of Poison novel.
Brimstone Posted - 26 Apr 2010 : 07:49:56
I could have sworn it was in a novel. One of the Priest Series.

I could be wrong...
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 25 Apr 2010 : 08:08:38
WTH... couldn't we have had a novel about this plight? Such a good story and such a great plot. 4ED erased all that I loved. Bring back The Rotting Man!!! The Chosen of Talona!!!
Strife026 Posted - 18 Apr 2010 : 00:54:01
The Rotting Man and the Blight lords were killed sometime after the Spellplague hit. The Nentyarch is still active and he and the Circle are currently fighting the demons that were previously contain in the depths of Dun-Tharos but were released when the Rotting Man was killed.

So sayeth the FR Campaign Guide

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000