Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Chosen of Lurue, Sune, Sharess and Liira

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HelldoG Posted - 07 Apr 2010 : 18:38:53
Hello All!
Firstly - Are there any canon Chosen of Lurue, Sune, Sharess and/or Liira?
Secondly - How should I play such an NPC? What should this NPC be like to be deserving of the Chosen status.
Thirdly - Any suggestions on their powers?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 08 Apr 2010 : 01:29:04
Re: 1 -- There are no official Chosen for Lurue, Sune, Sharess, or Lliira.
Faraer Posted - 07 Apr 2010 : 22:35:10
Chosen are Mystra's thing only, in Ed's Realms -- though other churches may have their own somewhat comparable special divine stations, including beings categorizable as (Planescape-terminology) proxies. They wouldn't necessarily be magically long-lived, or have any overt powers at all. They might not even know of their status! Their ethos would be similar to the god's but they might serve somewhat outside the clerical structure, like Cormyr's highknights in relation to the Purple Dragons.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 07 Apr 2010 : 21:21:51
Ahh... okay makes it a bit easier.

1) I don't think there's been any published. You may want to pop over to Ed's thread to see if he had any in his home-campaign that he could discuss.

2) Well, they'd be pretty close to their goddess' outlook and work towards making the world more how their goddess would want to see it. Remember, just because they are Chosen, doesn't mean that they are a cookie-cutter of their goddess. Look at all of Mystra's chosen as an example. Khelben and Elminster both work towards the same goal (most of the time), but in entirely different ways.

3) I'd make sure they get a bonus to Con and Cha first off. Then make them immune or highly resistant to mind-effecting magic. They'd probably have some charm spell-like abilities as well. After that, figure out what would suit them in serving their goddess.
HelldoG Posted - 07 Apr 2010 : 21:07:15
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 07 Apr 2010 : 20:52:11
What rules are you playing?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000