Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Shade statistics

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dormcook Posted - 24 Mar 2010 : 14:32:42
Were can I find the statistics for shades? I assume its a template similar to the old ad&d monster from Monster Manual II (orginal ad&d).

I was just hoping somebody has already converted it to 3.5 and posted is somewere.

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hawkins Posted - 26 Mar 2010 : 16:55:49
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

Welcome to the Keep, dormcook!

Shade update?

Well, you might also want to take a look into the Dragon Magazine issue #322 (p. 46) where you'll find a 3.5 shade update as well as a level progression for this templete.
I did not know about that. Thanks, Ergdusch!
Ergdusch Posted - 26 Mar 2010 : 10:24:21
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

As far as the race of Shades go, they're all considerd shades and usually have the statistics of their base race (a shade elf would have elf stats but is a shade). What give them their shadoy powers is a specific ritual given to those who the Princes deem worthy.

At least, I think this is how it is. I could be wrong since I'm AFB right now.

That is how the TRaces of Faerun discribes it. In the Dragno article I mentioned above another way of 'shade-creation' is discribed. to quote form p. 46:

quote:
"There it says that such a transformation might take place when creatures from the Material Plane are exposed to the strange energies of the Plane of Shadows for an extended period of time, a process that usually takes centuries."

That article is not Forgotten Realms specific. However, I thought to add the info for completeness' sake.
Diffan Posted - 25 Mar 2010 : 22:55:27
As far as the race of Shades go, they're all considerd shades and usually have the statistics of their base race (a shade elf would have elf stats but is a shade). What give them their shadoy powers is a specific ritual given to those who the Princes deem worthy.

At least, I think this is how it is. I could be wrong since I'm AFB right now.
Ergdusch Posted - 25 Mar 2010 : 08:41:30
Welcome to the Keep, dormcook!

Shade update?

Well, you might also want to take a look into the Dragon Magazine issue #322 (p. 46) where you'll find a 3.5 shade update as well as a level progression for this templete.
Hawkins Posted - 25 Mar 2010 : 00:28:43
They also have the Shade as a race (instead of a template) in Races of Faerun (pp. 147-149).
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 24 Mar 2010 : 22:21:36
Actually, it was a web enhancement for the Player's Guide to Faerūn that detailed a lot of the books that came before.

Edit: Wow. A quadruple post to delete out...
Eye of Horus-Re Posted - 24 Mar 2010 : 19:55:56
Ashe, I assume this was in the Errata?
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 24 Mar 2010 : 15:16:34
The Shade template is in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, p 314. The only changes from 3.0 to 3.5 was to list the LA as +5.
Cleric Generic Posted - 24 Mar 2010 : 14:37:52
the shade template is in the 3e Campaign Setting book, which I'm pretty sure wasn't altered significantly for 3.5.

Also, welcome to the Keep!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000